What's new

Where is Marijuana Reform Heading - in current rotation on WA public tv

Not sure if I can post this here, but I am a woman so I thought I'd share it right here...This is a link to what I recently caught on public TV - Go Washington!! Great panel of speakers on where MMJ rights and overall marijuana reform is headed in Washington and somewhat nationwide... listen to a (female) US Senator from Seattle, Founder of NORML, RICK freakin Steves and more!...

http://www.tvw.org/media/mediaplayer...0090052&bhcp=1

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just watched very interesting its to bad everyone could not get on the same page as these guys and talk about it.

If i had the ability i would move to Wa. i tink the laws there are some of the best.

hoping it will get better everywhere next year :tiphat:

18 to go

I just watched very interesting its to bad everyone could not get on the same page as these guys and talk about it.

Yes, great link and it is still up, so spread the word! I posted the link on facebook and a lot of people watched that had no idea this meeting occured. The video inspires hope, and Washington has some great loose MMJ laws, but you have to watch where you are geographically within the state. Seattle, Olympia, and Spokane, for example, are all very different worlds with different things going on. Thurston county, where the capitol is, is quite strict compared to King county where Seattle is. And even with that we're still looking at harsh cases in Seattle. Recently, a 60 year old man was raided there for a couple of plants. another thread has all the details. Lame!

My worry is that the laws will lighten up and while we celebrate victory, they'll catch us all with our pants down pushing the numbers limit. So hard to play by the rules, but we have some high numbers to work with, at least. For any of you wondering: It's 15 plants per cardholder and 24 dry/usable ounces. WOW!

There is no "list" or place to report to the authorities if you have MMJ status or qualified to be a provider for yourself or another patient (or up to 4 patients on one piece of property)

So if cops suspect a grow, how can they just bust in if you're completely legal? Somehow, it is perfectly acceptable. There are no laws in place to protect MMJ cardholders.

Before laws advance in our favor any further, I would be more comfortable with getting in place some laws that give MMJ cardholders a leg to stand on.

Already the market is so extremely flooded up here and on the whole west coast, that any further legalization would make it nearly impossible for those farmers (my boyfriend for example has over 20 years in) who have been making a life and career with this plant to continue to support themselves comfortably. Pounds are going for 1500 in parts of Oregon. Straight crazy!

What Next?
~MissGD

Dovepistil

A great video! Over two hours long and I watched the whole darn thing. 'Sure is great to hear people saying rational things. How different and refreshing!

Latest posts

Latest posts