What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Super Soil"

So i use a rendition of subcools supersoil but i use the one listed in a thread on another site by joeblow some small differences to sub's actual mix here it is:
6 pounds fish bone meal
6 pounds bat guano (i use down to earth for all amendments this one is the 3-10-1)
3 pounds feather meal 12-0-0? Somewheres in there
instead of sunshine organic blend and the chunky perlite i substitute it for the sunshine #4 bales 2 of them becasue i cant get the other here
1 bag roots organic soil
handful or so azomite
handful or so of calpril
2 35# bags of earth worm castings

ok so thats my mix i mix it all up real good then store it in rubbermaid totes with 5 gallons of RO water on them for at least 2 months before using the soil
i was given oh about a handful or so of jersey greensand and about the same amount a lil more of the activate 80 (leonardite shale)
i've never used these in my mix before but i do notice that the roots organic itself has both of these ingredients already this being a "hot" soil as it is i dont want to toss in anything thats going to bring me problems i've used the soil without adding these things to it and had great success' as has a close friend of mine thats who gave me these things the activate 80 is a fulvic and humic acid and trace elements as i understand it used for root stimulation and the jersey green sand is just a soil conditioner my friends thinking is that the mix we use is lacking the third elemnet in the n-p-k ratings
and says this green sand will help with that i'm no scientist or anything i just do what i see other people do and it works for them and me alike but if theres something i can add to my soil thats going to be beneficaila with no side affects and thats also going to or the potential is there for it to bring me a larger and better quality yield any direction on this would be very helpful i'm already a very succsful grower with the "super soil" as it is and the way Joe Blow came to making the soil i've used both recipes and prefer his over subs seems the products are easier to get a lil cheaper but if i had to buy the organic blend bags to equal 2 large bales here that'd be 300-400 just for that one product it's very expensive to live in the desert
smile.gif
rents reasonable but if you want something get ready to pay for it especially most of the ammendments i use i cant buy anywhere heer i have to order over phone to oregon to get them a real pain in my wallet
smile.gif
due to shipping

i was only thinking about adding aproximatelly a handful or 2 of each one of these products to my soil i'm more worried about the activate 80 burning my plants than anything the lil i do know about humic and fulvic acids is they can burn very badly if over used hope to hear some feed back about these products ty :)

Gdood9

Humic and fulvic acids won't burn your plants. I use them both pretty heavily every watering and put rich earth(humic/fulvic shale) in my soil mix too. I've got some of the shiniest and velvety leaves ever since using fulvic/humic acid.

dachieftan

originally posted by billy burroughs:
6 pounds fish bone meal
6 pounds bat guano (i use down to earth for all amendments this one is the 3-10-1)
3 pounds feather meal 12-0-0? Somewheres in there
instead of sunshine organic blend and the chunky perlite i substitute it for the sunshine #4 bales 2 of them becasue i cant get the other here
1 bag roots organic soil
handful or so azomite
handful or so of calpril
2 35# bags of earth worm castings

So you put all of those ingredients in 1.5 cu foot bag of roots or the 3 cu foot bag?

not the #2 sunshine bale the #4 sunshine bales the large ones and the roots is a 1.5 cu ft bag and in fact it's more like 180 gallons :) i use oh no my bad 135 gallons i store it in 3 45 gallon rectangle totes this way real easy to get at it to turn and what not if you store it in garbage cans it's much more difficult turn the soil which is sometyhing that has to be done on a regular basis i try to turn mine at least once a week if it was just mixed but after it's sat for it's initial 2 months i turn it less but still make sure to turn it or this slime lookin stuff will grow on top of it cant rember the name of it but it's the biggest living thing in the world i knoww that some kinda fungus :)
the bag of roots is more for the michrozae fungi than anything i dunno to be honest i didnt come up with the mix my twin brother did and he used it for about 10 years and i've used it for 2 years with nothing but rampant success and anyone that i've turned on to it has had nothing but monster yields typically 4 ounces + per plant my brothers taken down 11 ounce plants using this soil feeding nho nutes just water some carbs and molasses

originally posted by billy burroughs:

So you put all of those ingredients in 1.5 cu foot bag of roots or the 3 cu foot bag?
no i start by opening the sunshine bales and i like to do this on a cleanly swept garage floor then i put all these ingredients on top of the pile of the 2 bags of sunshine mix and mix it all together and one of them ingredients happens to be 1 bag of roots organic soil 1.5 cu ft after mixing these things together ral well the soil mixture goes into 45 gallon totes i then add 5 gallons of water to each and allow this to compost for 2-3 months befor using it can be used straight from mix but is a much better soil if allowed to compost before using

i hope you dont mind me posting in here as its titled "supersoil". ive recently been looking up subcools recipie (2010 version) and he says 1/2 cup Powdered cal/mag if you use RO water. I cant find this ANYWHERE. can someone point me in the right direction. I googled and cant find any powder....any help would b appreciated.

CALPRIL = powdered cal mag and this is a spin off from subs supersoil mix this is one my brother posted on subs supersoil thread back when they were "friends" but you'd have to know where to look to get this actual mix and what not but heres the URL to the origibnal thrad befor sub prettied it up and removed the people that had been banned posts tyo his oh so precious super soil which if you use subs recipe your more than welcome to but plan on flowering for more like 120 days before your leaves start turning any kinda yellow his mix calls for way to much nitrogen
dolomite lime and epsom salts can be used in the place of CALPRIL
lol in fact subcool didnt even know what calpril was till my brother showed it to him

well looks like they removed my link well here it is again if it dont work this time any questions just send me a message and i'll gladly help you out as much as possible this soil is like gold i've never grown in an easier way in my entire life water molasses and carbs every things in the soil so ok heres that link again hope it works this time i'm not trying to endorse ******** here at all just my brothers mix in fact ******** seems to me to have really gone down hill anyways heres the addy

http://www.****************/forums/tga-online-growguide/441-composting-101-a-2.html#post106547

Shit does work good....and I know Billy Burroughs has alot of succes with it...gets huge yields off of strains that are considered low yielding....Ive used a soil similar to this and its as easy as it gets....Its really great for outdoors......just have to worry about critters digging your shit up, but a good wolve piss usually fixes that.