What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flood & Drain clone crate...Q's

outback looney

Well here i am for my first hydro post!!
I've just built a copy of an(OG) flood and drain clone crate.
Does anyone here have a picture of his unit in mind?
For those who don't, it consists of this.

1 x 65lt crate
1 x 45lt crate
The smaller sitting on top of the larger, getting flooded 5mins every 6 hours. I'm using rockwool floc in 1.5 x 3.5 inch cups with the bottoms removed. It has a dome on top and 24hrs of 36w fluro on top.

I need to know at what ph should i keep the water at?
Also what strength nutes do i need....if any? (I think he mentioned a very mild flowering nute ratio and some super thrive?)

The cuttings will stay in their crate for around 3 weeks and then plugged into an NFT system.

Any help will be appreciated........len;)

Last edited:

outback looney

bumpity bumpo

bumpity bumpo

Sorry, but i have to bump this one up.

It's kinda important as their aren't too many around my area who grow hydro...only soil.

It's just a simple flood and drain crate for clones which will stay in there for a little longer than most cloning set-ups.

Please help if you can......loving lenny.

8bitNES

where did you get the plans for your clone f&d setup? why f&d if you could just do a simple clone bubbler/dwc?

as far as ph is concerned, i don't see why it should be any different than any other hydro/aero clone system.

8bit

outback looney

Thanks Puppetmug,

8bitnes....mate i saved it from OG a few years back, only on an old OS which died on me. If you have seen what erl does with 2m x2m you would see my inclination towards his methods. Take a look at his gallery over at OG. I plan on moving his direction with large cell NFT and using the rockwool floc this way really is very suited for this type of growing.

take care all.........len

outback looney

Dam...

Dam...

Well that didn't work. The link is on my favourites...how can i post it here? Well anyway the complete NFT set-up is on
Marvins Link-O-Rama in the OG files. Hope someone does a search as his methods kick ass.;) len

outback looney

You little rippa...cheers Digity-Dank

You little rippa...cheers Digity-Dank

Digity-Dank......Can't thank you enough mate. I hope others will have more comments about his methods.

Peace from the fog......len:)