What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obesity

I just think this country has a bit of fat hysteria...
LOL, no.

Facts:

- Approximately 123 million Americans, or 67.3 percent, are either overweight or obese (http://www.nowpublic.com/health/how-fat-america-and-how-americans-try-lose-weight)

- Adult obesity rates now exceed 25 percent in 31 states and exceed 20 percent in 49 states and Washington, D.C. Two-thirds of American adults are either obese or overweight. In 1991, no state had an obesity rate above 20 percent. In 1980, the national average for adult obesity was 15 percent. Sixteen states experienced an increase for the second year in a row, and 11 states experienced an increase for the third straight year. (http://healthyamericans.org/reports/obesity2009/)

So no. There is no "Fat Hysteria". People are getting too fat. Period. And not only are people allowing themselves to become out of shape and obese, they are allowing the same thing to happen to their children and destroying their lives.

Denial, just ain't a river in Egypt, baby.

Also, I will name call as I feel necessary. This is an internet forum, I do this for fun-I don't know or give a flying fuck about you. This must be mutual as the things you have written in this thread are so heinous, so don't take it so personally when someone calls you out.

So once again, don't bother replying if you're only going to bring up that fat people need to exercise and eat better-the message is there. YOU ARE RIGHT. I -ONCE AGAIN- only take issue with your nasty, obviously bitchy personality. And, you do care what I'm "buying" obviously or else you wouldn't have replied.

See you in hell.

When threads go this direction, i exit.

Wishi had seen the flames before i posted. LOL.

:moon:

Last edited:

Laughing Jim

double cheeseburger $1
mango $1.25

Here in America, it's CHEAPER to eat junk food and/or meals which are VERY high in fat and starches. You can buy highly refined (processed) white bread for 49 to 99 cents per loaf. But i like heavy, whole grain breads, but they run from 4 to 5 dollars per loaf!

I would LOVE to be able to buy lots of beef, fresh fruits & veggies,
but man, you have to make a lot of money here to eat well.

Nothing would make me happier (and slimmer) than to eat a nice, big steak and a salad for dinner, but i simply cannot afford it...

Latest posts

Latest posts