What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Fitness thread~

M

MrsEvlme2

I have no $ and no insurance. Unless I'm bleeding profusely, whatever ailments and bump and bruises I have will have to heal on their own. I've had a cold/flu/ear infection/? since Dec. The kids have medicaid so I can take them to the Doc whenever they need to go and that's all I really care about.

Hip,KK- If I weigh myself before and after I go potty I seem to gain weight. weird. :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
had some real oatmeal with fruit and a couple servings of protein drink for breakfast. time to down a redline and hit the elliptical for 90 minutes on the interval setting . usually burn 1500-1700 calories, 8-10 miles.

T

TrichyTrichy

will call my cawfee beverage - energy drink :eek:) and see how it goes without excluding it.

Nicoli

Veteran
Anyone do P90X?

On my 2nd run of it atm. Major results, but major dedication required.

T

TrichyTrichy

they look like screamers and yellers :yoinks: gonna check it out,now. thanks!!

Nicoli

Veteran
Oh, and here's a chart I figured i'd share, it is from the P90X program, but no matter what program you're doing.. this is extremely helpful.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Anyone do P90X?

On my 2nd run of it atm. Major results, but major dedication required.

hell ya! did p90x for 8 months! then a couple months ago, switched to a personal trainer. p90x is the shit! i lost 25 lb's and got pretty damn ripped from it. the ab routine and the yoga i did not do. they are pretty hardcore, the yoga was harder then the 100+ pushups or pullups that you would do...

T

TrichyTrichy

heya nicoli how is their 2 day detox? thinking about getting it to jumpstart. then i'll start training. :/

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
First day on Ultimate Cleanse....no more Red Bull, no more anything of bad fat or bad carb. Cutting out red meat for honestly, most of the summer..unless I feel like my hemoglobin is dipping too far (I have some anemia issues). 4/20oz of water per day, 50 grams of fiber, shooting for 75g of protein...but won't worry too much about it until I'm lifting again. Going to the Y tomorrow to sign up...I miss lifting soooo bad.

Black coffee helps curb the appetite....one of my lose it tricks...hehe. I worked in natural foods for a couple years, then I worked in sports nutrition for 4, I used to be insanely in shape...luckily it doesn't take much to get back there for me. I blame it on growing, that's when I stopped lifting and eating right. I have 20 lbs to lose.....let's get it done:)

T

TrichyTrichy

omg! no more soda. fcuk!!!!!!!!
gonna check out ultimate cleanse,too.

Nicoli

Veteran
heya nicoli how is their 2 day detox? thinking about getting it to jumpstart. then i'll start training. :/

Honestly I havent tried it Trichy... maybe there are some reviews online? I dont use most of their products, simply because you can find alternatives that are much cheaper and offer the same exact ingredients. Like they sell some expensive ass recovery drink, but I just use whey protein isolate.. some people use chocolate milk for a recovery drink.

I would say the most important thing before you begin any program is to start eating healthy! That's an easy step, compared to the painnnnn you will feel, tee-hee-hee-hee.. :tiphat:

The only thing I take is a daily multi-vitamin, and half of a whey protein isolate shake w/ a hint of cocoa 30-40 minutes before workout, and then the other half immediately after working out.

Other than that I just try and eat as healthy as possible. Nutrition is just as important as the actual exercising.. :D

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^^It works great.....cleanse out your system of toxins and allows better mental focus, more energy and nutrient uptake in the intestines. I really recommend that particular cleanse. Other than the last year and a half, it's something I've done 2x a year for about 7 years. I love it.

If you do try it, there are weird symptoms you'll have to deal with....toxins leave the body from all holes, not to be gross....but eyes...ears, everything. Makes you tired, may have a headache or slight cold symptoms...muscle aches and a decreased appetite too. Totally fucking worth it!!!!! For real....it's like being reborn if you're really toxic. Take a multivitamin during, have to drink tons of water and you'll need to replace some good bacteria in your system. I take a broad spectrum probiotic all the way through.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I bought some burdock root from a natural/health food store, and it is supposed to be a natural blood cleanser, cleans your body of toxins. It was a little expensive and great in tea, so if ya'll want something a little different...Oh and make sure that it is from a reputable source. Could make your tummy hurt if you don't get "clean" burdock.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
if you're suffering from anemia, eat some bitter greens, as well as bittermelon. Now that stuff has a ton of iron in it. I really don't have a problem with anemia because I get irregular periods but this way you don't have to take iron supplements.

I think I'll make some burdock tea to drink for a week, and start cutting out all the junk/processed food.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Thanks Hippie....I used to take blackstrap molasses instead of eating meat. I was a veg. for almost 2 years. There used to be a licorice called "tire tread" that I can't find anymore....it was really high in iron too. Blackstrap could make some people vomit for sure.... :puke:

Trichy you ordered the Ulitimate Cleanse??? It tastes like fenugreek, black licorice and dirt. It's gross, but I get them down. Pill form right? Grab yourself some acidophilus and a multivitamin to make it easier on your system. I grabbed some metamucil sugar free orange psyllium husk fiber today....it tastes good mixed with juice or water....I just eat it...hahaha.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
You can just eat Metamucil? Wow..lol Haven't tried that, though I have to admit I need my fiber.
Yeah my parents always had a garden growing that had at least ONE bitter vegetable. So I've gotten used to eating bitter greens.
Ya'll make me want to buy the ULtimate Cleanse, but I already got the root for that, and bills are coming up!!