What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for any female growers..........

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
.......What is your opinion on why there are more guys taking an interest in,or are actually growers than women? Seems my girlfriend (and last girlfriend had) has a great interest,and wants to be involved with all the aspects of this trip,but it's like she's more interested in veggie gardening and not as into it as she says she is. Wherever I have been over the last 25 years of growing,it's been a guy thing.....(except my mom and a couple gals) Why do guys tweek out on it more?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I would like to ask that question, too. Hard to find female growers around here, that and they're not coming out saying it lol

K

kiree

quick answer.....its the "balls" and "pussy" thing :D

You defo need some balls to grow :D

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Holy Smokes!! I guess that answered my question......sort of anyway...........I guess it will always be what it is unless it's legalized. Imagine the potential changes in all of these areas. Thanks for some clarification Dutchgrown...we'll see what happens as we age.

joeking

Wifey tells me that it's MY thing, and she wants to give me the space to do it, she says her end of the partnership is o test and monitor quality control

I think growing is something that's definitely grown on me (no pun intended haha). I wasn't even that interested in the beginning, I was more of a helper. I looked at it like a chore, and thought "why does he like this so much?!" But after going through the process, you gain a sort of respect for it. I bet if your wifey started helping you out joe she'd like it more. hehe

Off to check out the link DG posted . . . :smokeit:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I think growing is something that's definitely grown on me (no pun intended haha). I wasn't even that interested in the beginning, I was more of a helper. I looked at it like a chore, and thought "why does he like this so much?!" But after going through the process, you gain a sort of respect for it. I bet if your wifey started helping you out joe she'd like it more. hehe

Off to check out the link DG posted . . . :smokeit:
That's true about the "chore" thing...over the years I have looked at it on various levels. When I get a bit rich from it all of a sudden it turns into more of a chore for both of us. When we are poor it turns into more of a "we have to do this,let's get our heads into it"....Only now has it become something that I have a "pride in your work" attitude with. I'm just not sure where she stands on that level.

joeking

Wifey has a lot on her plate;) She is preggars with our first child, and she just relocated to be with me in my hometown. The whole countercultural lifestyle is very knew to her, as is a character like myself. She is very observant and sees the pride I take in my growing and the joy it brings me. WE kid of look at it as a blessing from all angels, it provides extra income in a very shitty economy, it helps her anxiety, and my depression, and it's good clean fun!!!

Congrads on the baby joe!!! When is she due? And you're absolutely right, they are a blessing and hard work definitely pays off in the end!!! *Cheers*

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i never had a man who grew and i had a few men ;).. i always grew.
i am 57 and been lovin the growing thing since i was in my 20s. love growing anything.. its good for your soul.

daydreamer

well colas ARE rather phallic. so there's that aspect for guys--my cola is begger/prettier/fatter/denser/blahblah than yours. so the competitive aspect of growing and selling weed is very attractive to guys. plus they are under enormous societal pressure to succeed/perform/produce/blahblah that just relaxing and kicking back with a good stone is very attractive to guys.

women, although under the same if not more societal pressure than guys, I think are less attracted to the competitive aspects of growing. women are more attracted to growing and preserving a useful and healing herbal medicine for self and family.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
So I'm in the room doing stuff and her head pokes in and she says,"do you need any help in here?".........I think for a moment and say, "nope,but I may in a bit". I think the fact that most of it can be done by one person limits the interest the other. Now when we have some serious chopping,mixing,holding stuff up to do...I'm asking for help. Maybe if we had enough room for two people,or just another room..... In the meanwhile It's just my responsibility because she is taken care of the kids and house stuff.

I beg do differ on this. In my area growing up I have come to find that I can usually find nugs from women that are A. Best Smoke, B. Punctual(not running around and playing phone tag for the fuzz to listen too), and C. Exclusive(they are my bitches and my girls take care of their girls). Perhaps, women have once again outsmarted us men, there fore the reason we are all searching the womans forums.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I beg do differ on this. In my area growing up I have come to find that I can usually find nugs from women that are A. Best Smoke, B. Punctual(not running around and playing phone tag for the fuzz to listen too), and C. Exclusive(they are my bitches and my girls take care of their girls). Perhaps, women have once again outsmarted us men, there fore the reason we are all searching the womans forums.
Oh now I do know female growers. As I do know what you are saying about there being less BS involved with them in this field. I'm just wondering why/if there are more men involved with the actual growing. This has been debated before,check out the thread link (at the beginning of this thread) from a few years ago.

When we started growing it was always me hunting down the genetics to add to our garden and helping with harvesting and trimmming and making the edibles and the to-ing and fro-ing with the vendors kept me plenty busy. Now as the expansion is on and more hands needed for everything.. I guess I'm going to have to start mixing nutes myself and prepping moms to clone. It seems we always squabble around harvest time, I want the girls to go longer and he wants to chop them down right now... So I suppose we're a grower-couple as opposed to just a one sex growing operation type of thing. Our stregths play off each other, I can deal with all sorts of people effectively and he hates being social. I think there does come a point, on the mmj level where 1 person isn't enough to do the job, and 2 people aren't enough, so you just add from your highly trusted cicle of friends.. ok I digress. I have been puffing all day and hanging out all over icmag and I think it's time to schmoke my night time bowl and crawl into bed with the other half of double kindness.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
I love women who can grow, or at least have some knowledge or respect for it. When its such a big part of your life (its my passion), it feels good knowing that sum1 else respects and appreciates what you do. not to mention when they love enjoying the end result with you :)

ah so relaxing. gotta love the herb:wave: