What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What got you into the wonderful world of cannabis?

clp

hahaha, my dad found out I was smoking what he called shwag at 13 and took it away and gave me a bag of crip. I love my daddy:smoweed:

I just pulled down some nugs last night, your at 9200 feet huh? Is that somewhere in CO?

Man.. lucky ass cannagirl!
Wish I would have grown up this way, parents still don't "really" know.
Would love to have a family like this someday, kind of gets around the gateway theory too if you get your weed from your pops :bump:

11 car accidents later one head on with a semi-truck that i walked away from after our vehicle was sent 50 feet in the opposite direction we were heading.
I developed fibroymalgia, huge blessing disguise. Now I can legally grow here in Canada. Setting up a Dispensary in May, no I will not be charging outrageous prices!!
So thank you Health Canada, do not worry America your fed's will fold soon.
Barack Obama you da man

Hmmm, it seems like you shouldn't really be driving. 11 accidents????

BunnyBlaze

I started because it was something my fiance at the time missed and wanted to do - and after doing some research I found that it wasn't dangerous at all, so I figured there was no reason not to... The first time I got stoned, I laughed harder than I'd ever laughed in my life - and we had the best sex we'd ever had... The benefits just keep piling up!

Now, I think I might love it even more than he does... We're on our first grow right now - should be harvesting in about a week.:dance013:

great question

great question

I love marijuana and everything it provides, but I wasn't always this way and neither are most of the other women of the world (according to polls).

Can you remember what made you gal pals with mary jane?

Sad to say I'm old enough I don't recall the first time I got high. Been getting stoned for 40 years now, with a few breaks a couple times for a few years for a variety of personal reasons (always went back - what was I thinking? Stoner for life here).

I started long enough ago and at a young enough age i never had any prejudice against cannabis before using it.

I believe most people would fall in love with our favorite herb if they would just try it.

Esperanza

Speaking of trying it. I have never in my life tried anything stronger than a painkiller, or alcohol. But tomorrow, I am gonna be trying it for the very first time, with my boyfriend. Ive read up a lot about it, and have fallen in love with the idea of having a bonzai mother at my place.

Guess the enthusiasm he has is contagious hehe.
So heres to hoping it will be a good experience.

My boyfriend asked me for $20 bucks so he could get some weed. It was "Chocolate Thai", and after smelling it, i tried some for the first time and i was hooked.

My mom was also a club owner growing up so i always knew what it was, I just never had an interest in trying it until i had a boyfriend who was into it.

gates3rd

I dont like alcohol so i was looking for an alternative, it also helps me to get over the death of my son.

cheers

phenoi3arbidoll

I've smoked on and off since I was 12 or 13... but only a few times a year. My current boyfriend always bugged me to smoke with him, so he started rolling up blunts for us pretty often.. & now I smoke with him fairly regularly (it took almost a year to get me to this point haha). I've also started using bowls very recently. I've smoked out of all kinds of things, but I usually prefer blunts to glass. For some reason, glass (especially bongs) REALLY makes my chest super tight and uncomfortable. I definitely like smoking with my bf more than anyone I've ever smoked with in the past, though.

statusquo

Hmmm, it seems like you shouldn't really be driving. 11 accidents????

Damn women...JK! But seriously...:tiphat:

On a more serious note, all of your stories are inspiring and some a wee bit depressing. It seems like all of you women are doing better now that cannabis is in your life and I'm happy for all of ya.

I was a late bloomer. When I was a teen, weed was everywhere around me, but I could never muster the guts to ask anyone.

My very first smoke was when I was in my mid-twenties working at a conveinence store. There was a strong summer storm passing through our area and the power went out, thought it had stopped raining. The three of us decided to sit outside since it was cooler outside than inside. At the time, one of my co-workers was trying to be "discreet", when he talked about wanted to sell his leftover weed for extra money. I just came right out and told him I wanted to buy it. We had already been outside for 20 mins so we decided to smoke it.

It was a good smoke. We laughed and had a good time. As soon as we finished smoking, the power came back on and people started to come in the store. The three of us were completely stoned and people started to rush in to buy toliet paper, bread, snacks and food. After it was all over, and the rush ended, we all laughed. We surely thought someone would narc us out to the main corporate office. From then on, I have been a steady smoker. :)

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
Honestly, I really loved it when I was a teen.. my best friend turned me onto it... I remember getting so lit in my best friends room & we'd listen to stone temple pilots & beastie boys... those were the days.. I kept smoking, but the stuff I was smoking made me pass out, and I had some really bad things happen to me while I was passed out... so I got into meth, because then I could smoke & wouldnt pass out, so no mother fucker would come at me again or hurt me. I ended up in the hospital at 117 pounds(I'm 5'7), I was delusional and hallucinating because of staying up so long. I was paranoid to sleep, I was afraid of the nightmares.
It was about 2 years ago or more I cant remember, but I felt safe with my boyfriend(my baby's father, IW the one I'm with now) so I smoked with him and a couple friends. I realllllly liked it... I used to love to drink, I was pretty much a weekend alcoholic... from thursday to sunday I was completely blitzed all the time. But my body changed.... somehow I became intolerant to alcohol and it made me sick constantly. So I started smoking weed... and it was just an amazing experience... Since then I have been a smoker & still learning to grow.. this will be my actual FIRST grow since we have had really bad luck with our plants since we've been trying to grow. Hopefully this run will be much better.
The weed helps my bipolar, and my moods. I'm so chill when I smoke whereas when I DONT smoke I am a complete raging bitch(poor IW LOL)....
I just smoke enough to maintain my mood, Im not like completely stonefaced lol..
if you read thru all this shit, i'm proud of you, I felt like writing a novel, sorry. lol

brassnipple76

I started smoking in my teens, all of our parents smoked, so we would pinch from their stashes :). I didnt have much in way of access in the midwest, so for several years in my early 20's I didnt smoke. But I drank, and that was doing me no good whatsoever. Then when I was 26 I moved out to CA and began smoking again, and stopped drinking. I have chronic back pain from trauma that happened when I was 19, as well as anxiety and PTSD from that trauma. A good smoke takes that away for me. I began growing last year, mainly because I love to garden and I had the space. LOVE IT! I also grow in my own way of showing support for my mother, who has cancer, and has medical MJ in the state she lives in as well. I try to get seeds sent to her as often as I can.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
DARE class introduced me to drugs, notably LSD. I "had to" try it I thought, after that first class. I couldn't get hold of it - dealers only had bud, so that's what got me into bud.

Love At First High
First time I smoked I was blitzed out of my mind, "56k vision (slow mo)" and all that. Second time I smoked (the day after) I was alone in my room, with music on, I put my head down on my pillow and felt like I was sinking infinitely into my bed, and began remembering toys and things I had/did as a kid, in very very vivid detail. I was ecstatic at what I had discovered (weed, not any particular memory.)

I remember that my knees were bothering me in high school ( I took gymnastics and ran track also tap and jazz dancing) and a friend saw my pain and pulled a joint from his pocket and asked me if I "ever tried this before". I had no idea what it was so he told me and said it would really help for pain. He then proceeded to light it and show me how to inhale properly, I got sooooooo high I immediately felt the wonderful rush I have now come to love. The only real issue that has risen is most of my family has and still thinks I'm a pot head even though I have been in pain since I was 18 yrs.old I am now 50. So much for times a changing...bunnydrawers

LeenieBean

I smoked for fun back in highschool, all my friends toked, I never had my own stash, just a hoot here and there. I developed endometriosis when I was in my early 20s, and found that when I smoked weed it helped with the pain (or at least made me focus less on it). At the time I was with someone who smoked a lot, and I found myself quickly becoming a chronic. I had surgery, and saw a naturopath and eventually got my endometriosis in check. I cut back on smoking weed, but I started getting anxiety from it so I had to stop. I had no idea different strains did different things at the time. I found myself starting to self medicate when anxiety and depression hit when I was about 25. It helped me control the depressing thoughts in my head all the time. I guess after a bit it got out of control and I was smoking a lot, but I did eventually get my mental health back in check to the point where anxiety and depression are not something I experience a lot, but when I do, a doobie will relax me. I like to smoke and create things, arts and crafts, cooking, gardening, whatever. Enter my current man, who used to be a heavy toker back in the day, and grew his own exceptional quality weed. I got to try the last of his stash and some honey oil he made, I was impressed! He's not much of a smoker but he really enjoyed growing. Those of us who grow know how rewarding it is on an intrinsic, not so much for the weed at the end sort of way, and the way he talked about it made me curious. Eventually we got started, and he's been teaching me everything he knows. We only grow enough for personal, but I find it so much more rewarding growing it myself. I smoke less because the quality is so much higher than anything I could ever find on the street. I know I'm not supporting organized crime or violence. I know everything that goes into it is natural, I get to watch as they grow and take pictures like they are my kids. So here I am, in this great community with all kinds of wonderful people who I can share with. Love it!

Glad you could join us LeenieBean, Is that a Conure (bird) I see in your avitar? I own one as well along with 7 other types of birds. My Conure is a male I call him RIO he talks and is super friendly. Nice to see another bird lover on here!....later bunnydrawers