What's new

Return of the 270 w growfridge

G

Ok boyz

Last session I covered at overgrow. I grew out Northern Lights #5 from BC seeds under a 270 watt grow bulb. I had a nice little harvest and they are now curing away in my cabinet. I had a great yeild and the NL#5 is very potent, although the smell of lemon is so stong it almost smells chemical-like. Either way it turned out great and I'm more than happy.

I have decided to start another grow with 3 plants (of different varieties) Nl#5, Apollo 11 & Indigo. This is just for my personal stash. Since I'm in no hurry I'll let these ladies veg a bit longer than my last crop which I started 12/12 almost immediately after showing it's 3rd set of leaves. I'm gonna do more pruning and really get these 3 ladies to bush out.

I really wanted to start some of BOG's new unrealeased Sour Bubble. I wrote him a letter pleading for some, but he wasn't havin it......I just have to wait like the rest of the group :(
But mark my words damn it.......SOUR BUBBLE will be in my growfridge soon.

I'm also starting a bunch of indigo, Nl#5 and Skunk #1 for my outdoor season which I will plant in a few weeks.

Here is a pic of my fridge from last harvest, I have now moved a large DWC upstairs for flowering my 3 ladies.

Click for Larger Image

270 watt grow bulb
Growing in a DWC setup
Top chamber is for flowering and has it's own cooling unit(old freezer unit hooked to a thermostat) keeps temps at about 78 degrees
the bottom chamber is for clones & Mothers.

I will have some pics of my beans that just started soon

FLUFFY GREEN BUDS TO EVERYONE !

Last edited:

maggot420

Top chamber is for flowering and has it's own cooling unit(old freezer unit hooked to a thermostat) keeps temps at about 78 degrees
the bottom chamber is for clones & Mothers.

will any regular cheap heating/cooling thermostat work?

do you have any form of ventilation in or out of the fridge/freezer?

i have a 31 cu/ft upright freezer i want to covert for clones/mothers/veg. i just want to keep my light out of the flower room without having to construct anything right now since it's all temporary. i considered cutting holes in the freezer for ventilation and using the compressor and cooling unit in a home bar as my keg chiller.

G

The thermostat I use is an electronic home thermostat...the kind that runs your heating & Air.

As far as ventilation I have 1 30cfm computer fan blowing air out of the back of the fridge through a carbon filter.

I hollowed out the door and made an intake from the bottom of the fridge. I use 2 20 cfm computer fans for bring in intake air to my chambers.

The fridge idea works really well, the space is crammped but if you need stealth this is a great way to go.

I think I have maximized my space available, I hold 2 mothers with a cloning area in the bottom half and a flowering chamber for 2-4 plants uptop

maggot420

Thanks for all the info... Moving on with the freezer idea so I might have a couple of questions about wiring a thermostat to my freezer.

I tried to fire it up a little bit a go and it clicks. Probably, gonna have to get a new compressor first...

G

Ok Boyz,

I have decided to start some Indigo , Skunk #1 & Shishkaberry to go with my Apollo 11 & NL #5 clones in my grow fridge.

This will just be a little experiment for me. I have built an overdriven floro fixture and added 4-24" overdriven bulbs to my flowering chamber. my top chamber is only 26" wide x 19 inches deep. so this fixture basically completely covers the top. When these lamps are overdriven each bulb puts out approx 1.7 times the light of a normal fixture, add 4 of those overdriven fixtures and does anyone think these would put out enough light to flower sick buds?

I watched a Grow Show episode on www.Pottv.com called the sun cell grow box where they flowered plants in a huge box with nothing but floros. The buds were so tight it was amazing. not to mention no noisy fans or heat from lamps these floros. they are effecient, quiet and virtually heat free. Is this too good to be true?

Of course for vegging I'm using cool white bulbs and when I goto flowering I'll add Warm bulbs for that stage of growth.

Any Input on what you think and if it will work. If I can get these floros to perform well and produce a harvest of plenty I'll be ready to take stealth growing to a new level. Those HPS create too much light and require noisy exhaust fans.

Anyway here are some pics of the plants I have started

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
what's up!!!

what's up!!!

hey sharp_pain

That is a very cool little set up you got there!! How are the other clones doing?
I'll be subscribed to this :D

Keep it growing!!!

G

Hooked_ON-Grown - Thanks for keeping up with my grow.

Here is my latest update.

I've added 2 White Widow clones to my aeroponic setup. I'm now holding 2-White Widows, 1-Apollo 11, 1-NL#5(which is about dead I took too many clones and it suffered) I also have 1 Shiskaberry that was started from seed sex currently unknown.

Click for Larger Image

I also started 3 Indigo Seeds(Vancouver Island Seed Co.) & 3 Skunk #1 Feminized Seeds (Dutch Passion Seeds)
I started these about 13 days ago and they are doing really well, these babies will be for my outdoor grow.

Here are the Indigo Babies

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Here are my skunk #1 Babies

Click for Larger Image

The Skunk #1 & Indigo will be placed outside for the Outdoor season once they get big enough. I've also decided to put my Mazar Clone into soil and it will be going outside in my specialy selected plot with my indigo & Skunk #1. I have heard alot of people say the feminized seeds suck. It has scared me and I think I may select a plot miles away from my mazar & Indigo for the skunks incase they go hermy.

What do you all think?

I'm really crowded right now in my small space trying to get both my indoor & outdoor ready for full veg. Once I get my Indgio & Skunk #1 outdoors I'll be growing out a shitload of seeds I have leftover. Those will be phase 2 of my outdoor growing this season.

As for my growfridge, I'll just be flowering the Apollo 11, 2- white widows & the shishkaberry, so 4 plants total. I've decided this morning that my NL#5 lady is done I cut too much off her attempting to clone and she has suffered. time to put her out of her misery and make room for my producing plants.

I'll keep you guys informed!

Last edited:
G

Everything looks badass dude, I am gonna keep my eye on this thread, I see great things in the future :cool:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeild?

yeild?

hi, looking good, i was wondering how much you yielded during the last 270w grow?

G

My last grow with the Northern Lights #5 started out just to sex and locate mothers. I decided to flower the entire batch and ended up with 4 1/2 ounces of cured, dried buds. I have 1 mason jar left, I think 1 jar holds maybe 1 1/4 ounces.

my system wasn't tuned in for that grow and I had on/off problems that effected ultimate yield. This time around I'm shooting for 6 ounces

P.S. No time for beer when I have unlimited quality buds!

krusty

sharp_pain - have you ever asked yer ole lady ..

"Hunny can you grab me a bud out of the fridge?"

sorry...had to ask

peace

krusty

G

haha I don't drink beer. A joint is less filling and tastes GREAT !