What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the concentration of GH nutes?

crazycanuk

I've finally converted to hydro and love it!! Just placed my first order for GH 3pt system. My question is, how many gallons of solution am I going to get out of a gallon each of GH? My only experience is "eyeballing" a pint container of hydrofarm 7-7-7 into an Emilys garden.That pint would probably get me through a half dozen EG grows but I'm wondering If I'll have enough to do multiple 10 gal Bubbler grows -KC

BigPapa

I started with an 18 gal bubbler for 2 weeks and switched to 2 15 gal bubblers.I started with 1 pint of each and am well into a quart of each now.If you follow the recommended mixtures and change the solution every 2 weeks,you'd better get some quarts.I'm looking at gallons now:)Good luck,BigPapa

You might find one of the big syringe type measuring things useful. Generally the mixture is in the range of 5-15 ml/3 gal depending on the plant stage and nutrient. I didn't read the instructions on the GH bottles. A big mistake.

Even if you only but a qt. of each nute, you'll find out it'll go a long ways.

You'll want to get a ph/ppm meter. Vey helpful.

grower54

I've been using the GH 3 part for a few years now and they work great for me. I've found you use 1/2 as much "grow" as the flower and micro nutes. For me (1 plant at a time) I use 1 pint grow and a quart of flower and trace. But thats me and I run my ppm at around 950- 1050. Hope this helps

krusty

you guys...lmao

just follow the damn directions...they are there for a reason...

dont need to use half strengths or double or whatever...

jsut read the side of the bottle and stick to GH's recipe for succcess:)

of...its the 3-2-1 formula

here incase yas dont have label or some shit..

VEG
Gro 3 tsp/gallon 396 ml/100litres
Micro 2 tsp/gallon 264 ml/100litres
Bloom 1 tsp/gallon 132 ml/100litres

Bloom (or we call it Budding)
Bloom 3 tsp/gallon 396 ml/100litres
Micro 2 tsp/gallon 264 ml/100litres
Gro 1 tsp/gallon 132 ml/100litres

peace

krusty

(the edit was i had lm instead of ml)

Last edited:

BigPapa

Yeah,I follow the directions,but I gradually work my way up.At the end of vegging,I find that the ppm runs around 3000.Pretty high by some peoples standards,but the plants seem quite happy.If they're happy,I'm happy.BigPapa

DeToX

Yo krusty

i think your GH recipeis wrong or some thing.. or may be the U.S. stuff is different than the europe shit

on my bottle it say's

Grow 1.5 ml/l this would make it 150ml per 100L
micro 1.0 ml/L this would make it 100ml per 100L
Bloom 0.5 ml/L this would make it 50ml per 100L

krusty

newp...

deetox i checked and i ahd the lm ml thingy mixed up...but my amounts are right....wierd,,

peace

krusty

anyone else add to this??

seeyouaunty

Not sure if this helps any, but this is what the directions say on my GH micro bottle. I bought it in New Zealand.
The grow and bloom bottles just have some numbers for different types of plants :-/

806GH_feeding.jpg

no-one

yep thats the same as the bottles i use in australia so either canada use a differant strenght gh or krustys formula is wrong in comparision to bottle ratios!

krusty

220GeneralHydro.jpg

well since krusty is never wrong:)

looks as tho we have different bottles here bois...

mine was made in california...what does yer label say???

this might be the reason why i see better results then what some of the others see...

i heard a bullshit rumor that BC (not even all of canada) got a different GH product because it was well known that BC was like a marijuana industry here...

as in GH sent plants specific nutes here...

i call bullshit...and i fully still think its bullshit....i just think you guys got some ole stock over there:/

or if it is made somewhere else....then yer concentrations might be different..

one thing for sure...if i was you guys...iw ould try out a batch at my levels to see what happens...

also i start offf with 230 ish ppm straight water..and mied propperly i end up with 1450 ppm after nutes....so aim for this range...(1200 ppm) .....if it was me i would try it out..cause...well its been known for a long time the 3-2-1 formula..and none of yer amounts show 3-2-1 yet mine shows it in both veg and bloom stages:/

peace

krusty

DeToX

well mine's different then both them and mine was made in france
:confused:

At the top of my micro bottle it say/s flora micro 4 - 0 - 1 and 2-1-7 on my grow bottel ..could some one tell me what this meen's

Detox, the 123, 222, 321 are just the proportions of the 3 part mix. Once you calculate how much you need for the amount of water you have, its a nobrainer to do the rest.

My bottles (made in CA) are gro 2-1-6, micro 5-0-1 and bloom 0-5-4.

Do what Krusty sez, its easy and you'll be pleased with the results.

Smokemon

ya might also check around for a thread at OG or CW for Lucas' formula.He ran 0-8-16ml per gallon(no Grow) in flower and veg ,and everyone at CW running bubblers used to swear by it.One less nute to buy.Different strains might need a little tinkering,but My A11 and C99 always ran quite nicely at 0-5-10ml per gallon in veg,and 0-7-14 in flower.I change my nutes weekly though and start with r/o water.

Click for Larger Image

pic of bud from last A11 I grew at 0-7-14 before I shut my garden down last year,wish I'd been able to keep a momma around,it was a great strain.

Last edited:

krusty

cc- i think what he is talking about when he mentions the 2-1-7 (our bottles have 2-1-6) is the Nitrogen Phosphorus and Potasium contents...well actually i KNOW this is what he is talking about...hence me the man and all:)

lmao

what yer refering to is the ratio....3-2-1 as in 3 parts gro 2 parts micro and 1 part bloom for veg growth and reverse it for flowering (still keep micro at 2 parts of course)

but CC is right..the 3-2-1 formula is the best...stick to it and it will alays do you good:)

peace

krusty

no-one

after seeing the canadian bottle it leaves me with the question, dose the canadian lable have mj specific diretions on it and austrailian bottles have general plant directions or are they actualy differant strenghts in the bottles?

krusty

a bit of both...

our bottles have ..

gro 2-1-6

micro 5-0-1

bloom 0-5-4

but also i was told im PM that the bottles you guys are ussing is the OLD labels i guess we ussed to have for our gh products in the early 90's:/

so ya i think in other areas of the world they forgot to change the labels to the 3-2-1 method that is wlel knonw to be for marijuana:/

peace

krusty

no-one

on the australian set i have it's

micro 5.0-0.0-2.0

grow 2.0-0.6-5.0

bloom 0.0-2.0-3.0

so i would seem the concentations are quite diferant from oz to canada!

no-one

now this opens another question to me! is the 3,2,1 formula we all seem to use and advise to use suitable for all countrys? r we givin people shitty advice cause their nutes r totaly differnt ratios to ours and vice versa? anyone with canadians nutes should be fine but what about the rest of the world? dose general hydroponics recomend differant mixing formulas for diferant countrys in regards to mj cultivation or do we just end up with the garden variaty nutes and formulas! like dont get me wrong i like my gh but somthing smells here!
krusty you rekon u know people at gh! why dont you ask them wtf their doin to us in the rest of the world?