What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Proper Sulfur levels in substrate

Carnegie ENT

I have been having problems with too much sulfur in my plants. I have been doing soil samples with Soil Savvy test kits. My sulfur is coming at 48 ppm in the test results. The test (not calibrated for cannabis) says optimal range 6-12 ppm. I have had some major problems with sulfur and sulfates. It's in everything. I'm switching and modifying my nutrients to delete all sulfates and regulate the sulfur so I don't get a deficiency. I'm a licensed producer in Oregon. I have a perpetual system and harvest once a week. I do samples on my substrate (sunshine#4) every week. I do the second week of flowering to see where I am at and what the nutrients are pacing for the rest of flowering. I need to get an accurate optimum ppm for sulfur in my substrate so I can keep things in balance. Your help would be appreciated.