What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most useful cannabis gear

Gry

From back in the 70s:

1.) Iso 2
2.) Mary Gin

The mary gin was a little device used to separate seeds from cannabis.
Seven bucks in the mid seventies, and it was a real nice thing to have.

Currently:
1.) Grinder
2.) Silicone bong

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just looked up that Mary Gin and they still sell them, from that era. I'm gonna have to get one. Thanks for that. Just separated over 600 seeds by hand two days ago. This thing is gonna save me some time.....I hope.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In the 70's, I always considered the most essential gear to have to be a pack of good papers or a nice, small pipe...Oh, and your favorite roach clip....:biggrin:

Of course, if you were sitting around with 4, 5, or 6 of your stoner friends, and you were ready to fill the room with some thick smoke,
an old Oat Willie was a pretty handy item to have!

Attachments

• power hitter.jpg
    power hitter.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 31

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
The Best Pipe in The World! Journey III Pipe!!! Not the II, not the IV!

[youtubeif]hYjUMAZGLT6U[/youtubeif]

product-image-267679998_1024x1024.jpg

Gry

Am reminded of a proto pipe, the no screens pipe of fifty years ago.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Another item of essential gear in the 70's, (at least in the early 70's) was a Frisbee in your car...
Lets face it, almost ALL weed in the early 70's had seeds, and we needed a way to get those seeds out, when we were on the road.:biggrin:

A Frisbee was the perfect answer because it worked great, and as long as you kept it clean, the cops just figured it was just for "Frisbee throwing".

We didn't need one in our living room though; we had much more high tech seed removal apparatus in our house...

It was called a "Double Album"..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Another item of essential gear in the 70's, (at least in the early 70's) was a Frisbee in your car...
Lets face it, almost ALL weed in the early 70's had seeds, and we needed a way to get those seeds out, when we were on the road.:biggrin:

A Frisbee was the perfect answer because it worked great, and as long as you kept it clean, the cops just figured it was just for "Frisbee throwing".

We didn't need one in our living room though; we had much more high tech seed removal apparatus in our house...

It was called a "Double Album"..
LOL :laughing:

shithawk420

Veteran
they still make them.my brother gave me one last year.honestly dont really like it though.way too hard to clean even with the poker.its has to soak in alcohol or the hits just suck.im not impressed

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway

The Journey III is a million times better than that nasty proto pipe. No brass smell, way easier to clean, and smokes better too! Try one!

Gry

lol, my daily use pipe is the classic 1.95 pot pipe from the 70's made out of lamp fittings.
I am old and live in the la area.

I get a kick out of being around people puffing on the digital devices and firing
my ancient bowl of hash. The facial expressions are priceless.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Howdy Gry, thanks for the reps!

Your new thread about essential toking gear from long ago is bringing back some fun memories!:tiphat:

Here's a pic of my first store-bought pipe..I got it in the summer of '69..when I was in high school.. I think it cost $4....

I wrapped the leather around it in '72 because it would get too hot to hold after a couple grams of hash with a group of friends!:biggrin:

Attachments

• old pipe.jpg
    old pipe.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 28

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
lol, my daily use pipe is the classic 1.95 pot pipe from the 70's made out of lamp fittings.
I am old and live in the la area.

I get a kick out of being around people puffing on the digital devices and firing
my ancient bowl of hash. The facial expressions are priceless.

Okay, I didn't realize this thread was about VINTAGE gear. BUT, the Journey III is no digital device. It's a great little pipe that cleans ten times easier than, say, Bud Green's pipe (I had one too bro!)

Just saying

Gry

Any thing you feel is neat would indeed qualify.

I thought the journey pipes looked like real nice gear.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Cool. I'm pretty old skool- bong, joint, bowl. One vintage item you had to have back then was your roach clip. The basic alligator clip was there, sometimes attached to a telescoping antenna, so you could pass the roach up to three feet without getting off your, uh, pillow. :)

There were highly decorated alligator clips, often attached to a tuft of feathers and clipped to the rear view mirror, where it would always be handy.

il_570xN.1177668497_3df8.jpg

Green Squall

One of those cheap plastic joint rollers. I like my joints perfectly cylindrical.
.7 give or a take with a hemp filter is how I roll. Pun intended.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Scissors with a good tip (I like cutter bees), rolling papers (elements are my current go too) and enough mason jars to contain the stash.

Dab rig, not really most useful but certainly used.