What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeder description trichrome development

Dispatch87

When a breeder describes the nature of the high for a particular strain is it when the trichromes are mostly cloudy with very little amber ?
For example I’m growing auto blues from mephisto and it’s a 90% Indica hybrid. The effect is described as a body stone with a slight buzz to the mind. Does this mean that the effect described was measured at mostly cloudy trichromes stage with very little amber ?
Any help on this subject is much appreciated.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's a really great question. There is not a definite answer though, as everyone's preference is different.

I would just take breeder descriptions with a grain of salt and monitor your own plants maturity with a loupe.

More clear trichs is a more up but shorter effect and more Amber is a more lethargic effect.

If you are growing to relieve pain go as Amber as possibly for that knock out stone.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Common information on the net is 30% to 60% amber trichomes. I call bullshit and haven't appreciated anything past 15% amber since I started checking. Who knows what the breeder thinks.

I cut at various times with all new genetics. Too early and your yield is lower, length of efficacy is much shorter and the cannabinoid/terpene profile is weak. (green) At 5% - 15%, the yield is maximum, the efficacy time is maximum and the terpene/cannabinoid profile is full and robust. After 15% the flavors and aromas get muddled (overripe) and the effects become sleepier. (Life is awesome, stay awake for it!)

You want to relieve pain? Get pain relieving strains and stay awake and functional by harvesting them on time. ;)

Dispatch87

Great info guys. Nothing more solid than the knowledge shared through experience. Ive got a fairly large grow and haven’t let the trichs amber too much in the past. I’ll mess around with the harvest timings this time to see what works for me. I like the uppity high during the day so I’m functional at work and something to really knock me out at night so I can sleep early and not be all fucked up the next day.

Cheers for all the inputs

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When a breeder describes the nature of the high for a particular strain is it when the trichromes are mostly cloudy with very little amber ?
For example I’m growing auto blues from mephisto and it’s a 90% Indica hybrid. The effect is described as a body stone with a slight buzz to the mind. Does this mean that the effect described was measured at mostly cloudy trichromes stage with very little amber ?
Any help on this subject is much appreciated.

The best people to ask are the breeders themselves or their testers.
They should have the ability to tell you exactly how their grows were conducted such that you can nearly replicate their grows.

Latest posts

Latest posts