What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses a vaporizer...

RB56

Veteran
Damn it. I'm really split between buying Arizer Extreme Q and upgrading my 10-year-old computer. I can't do both. :1help:
That's the vaporizer I probably would have bought if I was as certain I'd like it as I am two days after starting. How much computer upgrading can you do for $239? Put Ubuntu on the computer and it will seem like it's new ;)

SetHeh

@RB56, new 3 GHz P4 processor, 3x 1 GB RAM would cost me approx. €130 (~ $150). I already have Ubuntu (Openbox WM). These upgrades would be useful for digital painting.

Yesterday I saw some videos on Youtube about Arizer Extreme Q and it looks so cool, that's why I'm so tempted to buy it. Right now I'm leaning a little bit more to the Arizer side. :) I'm thinking I can sell some weed to get more money. Last outdoor season I had 10 plants and I still have so much weed left I don't know what to do with it. I need to empty those glass jars for upcoming harvest. :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
extreme Q is a really nice vape, have been using it for the last 2 years. whatever you do, you should get it! :wave:

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
The Extreme Q is a very nice vape.

I would highly recommend the Vapexhale Cloud. It uses an 18.8mm joint like the EQ, but you can move the unit around and use it with glass pieces. It hits identically as a bong would, just vapor.

djonkoman

Veteran
I have an underdog(and a vaporgenie, and a purple days as backup that almost never gets used), really convenient, easy to get high from small amounts, has a bit a feel of a joint/one-hitter but with vapor(the stem you hit/puff from looks like a one-hitter, you use the vaporizer almost like a lighter, you stick it on and inhale)
and it also fits a bong without much modding(a sleeve of silicon tube that came with it around the stem and it makes a perfect seal with a 14,5 mm joint)
right now I'm puffing on some hash. I like that I can choose between puffing from it like a joint, take bigger one-hitter like hits, or take a bonghit by just grabbing the bong next to me and putting the stem in the downstem.

H

hard rain

I bought a volcano a couple of months ago. Have wanted one for years but always put off by the price. I love it. The effect is only slightly different to smoking. More heady and high effect, although I do still get the couchlock feel. It feels very clean compared to smoking. Less smell in the house and the lungs feel like they are working better.

The taste is different from smoking. Differences between varieties seem less apparent with vaporizing than smoking. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, I am sold. Volcano for me has been worth it.

RB56

Veteran
@RB56, new 3 GHz P4 processor, 3x 1 GB RAM would cost me approx. €130 (~ $150). I already have Ubuntu (Openbox WM). These upgrades would be useful for digital painting.

Yesterday I saw some videos on Youtube about Arizer Extreme Q and it looks so cool, that's why I'm so tempted to buy it. Right now I'm leaning a little bit more to the Arizer side. :) I'm thinking I can sell some weed to get more money. Last outdoor season I had 10 plants and I still have so much weed left I don't know what to do with it. I need to empty those glass jars for upcoming harvest. :D
Sounds like you've given this some thought. ;) If the computer upgrades give you the ability to do some things you can't do now, they would win for me. A vaporizer just lets you do something better than you can do it now.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i just make my own out of an adjustable temp soldering iron a tin and a glass jar with a pipe that goues under and up to the top of the jar.. sure it looks like something you would find a crackhead tooting in the darkness of some alleyway, and it is possibly why i dont use it ever but im happy and it works well enough..

think im addicted to the whole smoking ritual anyway, the preparation and tactility of rolling a joint and sharing it,, its shamanism but im not sure most growers or tokers comprehend that so it just becomes an act..

dddaver

Veteran
I got a Vapolution (glass on glass...cool) a few years ago. No fan on 'em though. I think it was about $80 back then. I think they go for about twice that now. Has no temp readout either. You can use it plugged into a house socket or car lighter/power though. I usually just start at a lower temp, increase it after a few tokes, and finish when it tastes like burnt popcorn. Usually good for 5-7 tokes.

I like how bud tastes with vapes (especially Blueberry, yum), but I think some strains just shine more and better effects had when combusted.

I have to confess, I have been just hooked on a light-bulb vape since I first made one. But they do combust a lot and end up with a lot of smoke. Using it also makes you feel like kind of a crack-head too, holding the bulb over the flame. The bulb I use now is pretty old, about as old as the Vapolution, very tempered glass. I shattered the first one I made. I even went so far as order a little alcohol burner cause the candles I used invariably left a lot of soot on the bulb.

I went through my last grow just using the bulb, but I'm back to Vapolution, much easier on the lungs. I also cut way back on use. Just Saturday evening, conserves bud and I get more done and just feel more alert. Before, when stoned ALL the time, I would always think. "Yeah, I'll get busy and do that tomorrow." Then next day stoned again and think the same thing.

Way better, FOR ME, this way. A man just needs to learn his limits and get his priorities in order. I was just over-doing it.

RB56

Veteran
I'm gonna have to discuss getting Da Budha w/ Seamaiden.
We used it heavily on Saturday, Sunday and lightly on Monday :D Still solidly pro. You really need to grind the weed for the best result. Ordered a grinder, using a coffee grinder in the meantime.

Cleaning the equipment requires that you replace the screen. Think it comes with 10. Consider them an ongoing consumable.

RB56

Veteran
So almost 2 years later and I just put the da Budha in the closet. Bought a second Arizer Solo - one for home, one for work. It's a little more finicky than the da Budha, but the Solo gives more control, wastes less and is a lot more discreet. Easier to keep clean, too. Have several months of moderate use on the fist Solo without issues. Wouldn't be great for sharing.

S

SPG.

RE:Title..(s)
Yea..
"Assosiation..." Plays A-part.

Takes a while to Re-adjust Imo..