Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > My Blueberry Cheesecake Test Grow Forum Diary Thread

Thread Title Search
My Blueberry Cheesecake Test Grow Forum Diary Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2018, 10:54 PM #31
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brunch View Post
Very frosty and healthy mate, lovely work

Edit: what was the male used, forgive me if it’s been mentioned?
It's actually a blend, I had 20+ males from 7 or so strains total, and it was my second attempt at collecting pollen, I quickly felt overwhelmed by the process, so simplified it and just made one blend of them all. They are all good genetics that I look forward to exploring, will have some fun pheno hunting in the future with these and will always be fun trying to guess who the dad was. The % is based on amount collected which depended on the amount and size of males I had for each strain.

30% Lime Gorrilla Bubble (GG#4 x Sour Bubble *Lime Pheno)
20% Strawberry Gum (Strawberry Cough x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
10% Mandarin Kush (Mandarin x Biker Kush)
10% Deadheaded Dragon (Deadhead x 3 Headed Dragon)
10% Gorilla Haze (SuperSilverSourDiesel Haze x Gorilla Bubble)
10% Cookies n Gum (GSC Forum Cut x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
5% Atonic Dragon (Atonic x 3 Headed Dragon)
5% Dream Lotus (Blue Dream x Snow Lotus)
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:56 PM #32
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Nice selection of donors... some good things to be found

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286
Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos#1 run 2-
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 AM #33
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Man those look killer !! The pheno hunt from that mixed pollen should be a blast. I'll be watching.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:56 AM #34
TheBlaze

TheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud ofTheBlaze has much to be proud of
Some pretty plants in this journal. Looking forward to your next update.
TheBlaze is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:46 PM #35
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys,

Here is day 34,

on day 30 I pollinated the 2 best plants, one organic, one in promix, just the lowest popcorn nug or two on each branch.

Organic Soil

Promix/PBP

This is one I haven't taken a picture of yet, it has smaller buds but I like the structure and the look, and of course its pretty sugary.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:39 PM #36
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Nice colouring on the branches, Blueberry's genes showing off thanks for the lovely pictures, you have some gorgeous ladies around there, extremely frosty as if they were all covered with a nice layer of snow
Is the smell starting to develop? I mean, do you already feel some specific smell or not yet?

You ladies must be now more than 40 days into flowering, we are really curious to see how things are going , any picture update would be highly appreciated

Take care,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
Thanks guys,

Here is day 34,

on day 30 I pollinated the 2 best plants, one organic, one in promix, just the lowest popcorn nug or two on each branch.

Organic Soil
View Image
View Image

Promix/PBP

View Image

This is one I haven't taken a picture of yet, it has smaller buds but I like the structure and the look, and of course its pretty sugary.

View Image

Old 11-06-2018, 06:32 PM #37
PaulieWaulie

Yup, 2 weeks on the dot are left, was planning to take em to 9 weeks. Will get some pics of em in the next couple of days for you guys.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:34 PM #38
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Looking gorgeous mate

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286
Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos#1 run 2-
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 06:57 PM #39
PaulieWaulie

DAY 51

Besides being busy I was also not posting updates because there is something that went horribly wrong with this run. The buds just never packed on weight and filled in after the stretch. I have had this happen on the last run with some plants as well, and on this run it is several strains, and also on the organic soil as well as pro mix. It breaks my heart as I have spent months and months vegging, and then 2 months in bloom and they are loose airy small buds, when you squeeze there is nothing there really, and many have not done much in the last 2 weeks as far as growth.

Its not the media since it is happening in pro mix and in organic
it is not the strain since it is happening on multiple strains
it is not the environment because later runs are normal
(Day temps 75-80, night temps 60-65. Humidity 40-60%)
It is not the light since they are brand new 1000W HPS hortilux bulbs over a 4 by 4 area @ 24" from canopy.
It is not air movement as I have 500 CFM exhaust for the bedroom, and one 16" oscillating fan per 4 by 4 area.
I also assume its not a major deficiency because plants looked healthy at flip, and had a good 2 week stretch.
I also don't think it is over fert as when they looked a little dark green, I fed straight water, and lowered nutrients to 500 ppm every watering, which after my 200ppm tap is only 300 ppm of nutrients. Again no yellowing / no deficiencies ever showed signaling an issue.

This leads me to one common denominator in all these cases that I had never put too much thought to.

I would veg all of these plants, have healthy veg growth, but then had some problems schedule wise wasn't able to flower, or had some unhealthy ones, then a month later or so I cut back the unhealthy or lanky growth, fixed the issues and revegged for a quick 2 weeks. And I always thought that all those months of veg time would build up the roots and then when I revegg just a bit of growth on that network of root mass and thick base stem, I would get all that flowing into just a few of those tops. So I thought cutting back a lot and having just a bit of growth and then flipping would be good. But then I still get a big 3 week stretch where it has lots of tops in the end.

So I'm thinking this cutting back is very stressful even though you can't tell immediately. And then it puts all its resources into getting it back during flip, instead of getting ready for flower production. and all that root mass that I thought mattered, clearly doesn't with this cutting back and quick reveg stress.

Anyways, enough of my rant, this is the common denominator.

I apologize for screwing up again, leading everyone on with those nice early shots. But they did not materialize. 1 plant has a decent main cola. Good news is I have clones of all of them, and will veg and flip those properly this time with no stress, no cutting back. just 6 weeks of solid vigorous healthy lush growth preceding the flip. I actually put 1 bbch into flip 3 weeks ago. and I have another that is vegging nicely and will be flipped in 1 week.

Will turn all the loose larfy airy material into BHO, not even going to bother trying to trim them and salvage flower.

Again this strain has potential, I see it, am excited to see it flurish, not the strains fault at all, this is happening to my goji og just the same, and has happend to my scotts OG previously.

Sorry for letting everyone down. Just have made a disclaimer to everyone, after 2 years at it, I am still the worst grower on icmag.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:58 PM #40
PaulieWaulie

I did make a post about this issue a few weeks ago, for more pictures of the issue a few backs go here. At the time I thought it was a problem with the soil mix, but throughout the discussion, I realized that this has happened before, and not just in organic soil mix.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=357148&page=4

1 members found this post helpful.