Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2018, 02:51 PM #3271
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough
Gonna try this!
707OGBUSH970 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:47 AM #3272
HaHaHashish

"Visible sweat droplets inside?" Yes? No?

If there aren't any droplets of moisture seen inside the bag during the 24 hours @ 40C then the material was too dry to begin with and fermentation won't take place, all you are doing is making tubular brick weed. If the material was damp, not dry when rolled up and placed in a bag on heat and you don't see any moisture droplets in the bag then the moisture escaped and the material dried out and fermentation also won't occur.

Old 10-21-2018, 04:17 PM #3273
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really nice
i'm having some problem to keep the cobs in the right humidity range:they dry unevenly so i have to unseal and dry them often,they look and smell good but fermentation seems too fast.Good Sunday folks.

Big Nasty is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:17 PM #3274
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
The fatter one will tend to dry unevenly as it is unevenly rolled.

Even on perfect cylinders they dry unevenly due to different densities, that's why I think is so critical a slow, stepped drying in airtight jars. The right time is when you notice lots of crystals on top of the surface, and it stops being supple and cracks.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!
repuk is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:51 PM #3275
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really niceBig Nasty is just really nice
Hi Repuk,there are those white crystals(someone previously said are called plumes by cigars smokers,i can't find the post)on the drier surface.i'll let the third for another week and the first for 2,number 2 looks almost ready.the fattest one,well i might have exaggerated a bit ,i can't dry it properly,it's too wet and i fear it could rot instead of ferment.
Big Nasty is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 12:42 AM #3276
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
Hi Repuk,there are those white crystals(someone previously said are called plumes by cigars smokers,i can't find the post)on the drier surface.i'll let the third for another week and the first for 2,number 2 looks almost ready.the fattest one,well i might have exaggerated a bit ,i can't dry it properly,it's too wet and i fear it could rot instead of ferment.
They look great man yes drying slowly is a hard thing to achieve though you are talking about perfection.

Sweet Sue uses a dehydrator and friends who have bought and used them swear by them for sweating and drying afterwards.
I got one on ebay for $60 not the best brand and a little toy like but it works fine.

Get one they are the perfect answer to slow drying even for sweating they are unreal you can dial in the temps from 25c to 70c and even the cheap ones seem fairly accurate.

Just keep them vacuum sealed between drying and at room temps they wont go to far off the sweet spot. Until you can get them dried fully.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM #3277
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Malawi x Ethiopian cob oil

Not bad yield from 11g of a mix of two MxE cobs.
Smells so good it brings back memories of Africa. I used to love a greasy one skinner made with a dab of oil spread over a cig paper then sprinkled with small pieces of the same cob rolled up like a Swiss roll.
Two pulls and you were out of it and off for the whole night.
Thing was you needed 3 or 4 people to finish it. I could never roll them small enough for me alone.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 AM #3278
Cakeboy
IC Mag Supporter

Cakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura about
Hi guys

I have just harvested a few outdoor Aussie winteries headbanger and gorilla bubble buds so both are on the wide leaf side, they are both lightly seeded and I want to try and save the seeds if possible, I think I remember a post about how hot I can sweat em before it compromises the seeds but just wanted to ask. So can I say sweat em on a low ish heat say 35 degrees c and still have viable seeds when aged? Thx guys.
Cakeboy is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 11:05 PM #3279
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeboy View Post
Hi guys

I have just harvested a few outdoor Aussie winteries headbanger and gorilla bubble buds so both are on the wide leaf side, they are both lightly seeded and I want to try and save the seeds if possible, I think I remember a post about how hot I can sweat em before it compromises the seeds but just wanted to ask. So can I say sweat em on a low ish heat say 35 degrees c and still have viable seeds when aged? Thx guys.
Hi my friend I'm a fellow Aussie myself so we have that in common.
If it was me I would keep a few buds with seeds out of the cobs or try and remove as many as possible as insurance if you can.
Sure 12 to 24 hrs sweat will not harm the seeds and a short cure say one week would also not harm them.
The longer cures tend to hurt them I dont get good germ rates from 3 to 4 week cures.
But friends who have found seeds in cobs I gave them have germed them without issues. Just not guaranteed so insurance is a good precaution.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:24 AM #3280
Cakeboy
IC Mag Supporter

Cakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura aboutCakeboy has a spectacular aura about
Thanks tangwena
Cakeboy is offline Quote