What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GN Collection - Khmer Gold

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello @ all,
I'm please to show some Khmer Gold images and the progress until harvest... many thx to the Real Gorilla dudes for making them available!
And many many thanks @Gypsy Nirvana for collecting these rar gem's!!!
Now I still looking for the legend GN Thai stick...
...these old beans are still viable :)
also everything I've read about it is true... crocodile style leaf's
immense stretch and so on... so I will flower her from a cutting...
while prepare a cut from the top I made a interesting discovery..
it looked like red blood... never saw that before...

Khmer Gold Blood
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

happy growin'
M.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Sorry mate I just noticed this thread wasn't unlocked it was moderated , my bad should be all good now..:tiphat:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Khmer Gold

Khmer Gold

hello,
a update from the flower room...
well she looks definitive different than other I know.
the flowers are more hard and look little like haze but not so filigran ...
resin is there and smell is more floral carrot ... she is now 10-11 weeks into flowering...
think 2 - 3 weeks more and she is ready...

Khmer Gold around 11 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

oaxacapulco

I'm quite good at germinating old seeds but my germination ratio with the Khmer Gold is about 1 or 2 seeds for every pack of 20 seeds. And then you must pray that those 1 or 2 very slowly growing runts will actually survive the first couple of weeks...
Good luck!

Sachiel

Hey MadMac,

How was your germination rate? How many seed did you use and how were they germinated?

I wood

I can’t answer for madmac but my germ rate was 20% using chimeras seed starting protocol then into sandwich bag with wet paper towel and kept at constant temp in a seed germinating machine.
First female grew balls on the bottom 1/3 of plant but remained female from there. Up potting too late caused it to stretch into a gangly mess with male bananas at most of the tips. Whoops.
Samples from 11 were just what I was hoping for, the rest of the plant is at 14 weeks now.
Oddly a clone expressed as pure male, guessing it was too much N in the dirt.

Second plant is solid male so far, will be used in at least a few crossings.

Third plant is solid female at about five weeks into flowering and bleeds red.
I still have about 35 seeds to work my way through and plan on reproducing the line as best as I can.

Sachiel

Hey I Wood,

20% isn´t too bad regarding how old these beans are... So I might pop them this way as well. Otherwise I might have to use TC again.
Would be interesting to hear if you can lock this red bleeding phenotype in future generations :yummy:

I was thinking about reproducing them first as well, and later, when I have fresh seed stock I am going to cross them to some wild ruderalis strains that grow here naturally. Maybe I can bring flowering down to the point were I can grow them outdoors...

Another thing, how big are the pots you use for these Ladys? My room is only 2m high, so I dont want them to get too big! :biggrin:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hey MadMac,

How was your germination rate? How many seed did you use and how were they germinated?

50/50.... used 10 seeds
3 males 1 runt and one nice girl...
sry no flower pics yet... was away long time...
M.:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not to derail the thread, but this is only the second time I've heard of such a thing happening and wanted share my experience with the same phenomenon.

Oddly a clone expressed as pure male, guessing it was too much N in the dirt.

This plant was selected by Phillthy while sorting Reservoir seeds Super Silver Haze x Chemdog.

According to Phillthy:

The plant was originally thought to be a female...

When the time came to flower this frosty haze queen, something odd happened...The plant was APPARENTLY now a male.

This odd male, produced some of the very best cannabis I've ever grown or smoked. World class. In fact, in regards to old seed, I have 3 different varieties sired by him, with under 10 seeds each. I have a thread going where I'm working through old seeds, trying various things to get them to germinate with little success. Once I've finally got it figured out, these few remaining seeds, from this freak male, are the end goal. I want to save that gene pool.

This plant below, when re-vegged, became a male.

picture.php

His offspring STACK hard and frost heavy:

"Lazy Lightning" clone via a Chem D/Sour D mom, grown by Fly by Night:

picture.php

Same clone grown by MeltingPot:

picture.php

Same male crossed to Larry OG, grown by Phillthy:

picture.php

picture.php

My point being - you should keep that odd ball male, regardless of it's behavior and see how it's offspring come out. You might have a unique stud on your hands.

dank.Frank

I wood

Sachiel
First plant started in a 3/4 gallon pot and was transplanted to a 2 gallon pot about five or six weeks into flowering(my mistake). Plant didn’t stretch as much as expected and topped out at about 3 foot tall.
Second is flowering in a one gallon pot and appears to be done stretching at about 3 foot also.
I think clones flowered small pots would not be a problem.

Frank
Thanks for the info on your female to male plant. That was a new one for me. I was up in the air as to whether or not I should use the confused ones pollen. I did like it’s effects and was leaning towards using it anyways but now feel more confident about it. It will be interesting to compare its buds to the bleeders.

Sachiel

Beautyful plants MadMac!

Could you give me some more info on your setup? Like how many Plant do you have on how much space (e.g. Plats/qubic meter)? I´m asking because I want to make an open pollination on those. I just want to estimate how many plants I can fit in my small cabin :biggrin:

Nice strains all here.

The one in beginning that bleeds Red was coolest ever.
Wonder if this is Medically good and so. Maybe the best.
Would be nice have those seeds fresh today and make some lab testing.

Maybe they cure Cancer ?
They can be very special Medically i can think.

Go to that place collect new seeds if they dont exist now.
GO GET THEM

And do Lab test.
This can be Miracle Medicine