What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~ART Returns To His Roots~~

B

BaBaBooeyVT

nice job ART i just got the some cabinet to do the same for the summer do to heat in my other area whats been your temps in the cabinet ? what been you temps outdoors in your area?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
There is a 5 degree split between ambient air and the temperature of the cabinet. So if the ambient air is 70 degrees F, the box is right at 75F...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I'll be updating within a day or two. I got to some batteries for my camera... I got a confirmed female. An Orange Bud. Also it looks like I may have gotten 2 Sour Diesel males and possibly one female. I'll be waiting a few more days to confirm them all. I want them to show me preflowers naturally so I can easily clone them and then flower. So I'm thinkin I'll be cutting the light back in 4 or 5 days...
That means I've got to start thinking about my vegegation cabinet. I can root the clones in my DIY RubberMaid box...
I had a bottle of Clonex Rooting Gel but I lost it. I have to get more but it's expensive!! The economy is KILLING me. I've found that Clonex Rooting Gel and thier Rooting Hormone used together gives me 90% survival rate.
I have (what I believe to be) a good method/thinking on taking clones. I consistantly get high rooting rates. I will be doing a little how-I-do on this thread when it's time to take cuts... Everyone have a good day.

~~Art~~

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
UPDATE

Okay. As promised, here is a full update. First off, let me bring you completly up to date from where I left you.

TRANSPLANT TO PRESENT

I think the recovered from the transplant nicely. I've been feeding them with full doses of Fox Farm Grow @ 2 teaspoons per gallon. They like that.
Here is a shot of the group all labled.

You can really see the difference in each strain in this picture. The Orange Bud clearly stands taller and displays a more Sativa dominate leaf structure than the MasterKush and Sour Diesel.

Here is a close-up of the Sour Diesel. I love the vigor and obvious odor from these plants!

IT'S A GIRL!

A Dutch Passion Orange Bud has shown me she is worthy of a space in my cabinet. The first female so far.

AROUND THE ROOM

So feel free to ask me any questions or offer your critcisms...
I've subtracted 10 days from my grow time because I was always refering to the day I wet seeds and the plants didn't all peek up until a little over a week later. So after 32 days in the vegetative state, they are starting to show me thier gender. Thanks for everyone who has stopped by!

~~ART~~

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
So I killed all my males last night. Actually, I kept one Sour Diesel male alive and moved him to the DIY veg. box. So I'm left with four plants. 1 Orange Bud female, 1 Master Kush female, and 1 Sour Diesel female. Also another Orange Bud that hasn't shown me anything yet. So, the important thing is that I got at least one female from each strain, but I would like it if that Orange Bud is a female as well so I can flower 4 plants. So I'm waiting on the last Orange Bud to show me (probably by the weekend) and then I'm going to take clones, transplant into large and deep square pots, and flower! Ask me something.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Hydro - That funk you smell is probably the Apollo you're tokin'...lol.

Raistlin - What's up? Welcome.

I can't wait to flower these suckers! Just gotta wait to get some Clonex... By this weekend.

What's up flow master flex. I don't think I stopped by here before... Nope. I'm interested on how your master kush turns out. Happy growing... I'll check back through:wave:

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Me thinks you are right Art,
and there will be apollo at the Nugs and jugs party. :jump:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
ShutterBug - Thanks for buzzing by. Stick around but don't reproduce in my cabinet and try to eat the bottow leaves that don't get any light!

Hydro - I can't fuckin wait man! Ohh I'm thinking about that Apollo right now. Crisp, clean, smooth, sweet, finishes with a dank smell, and makes you stare into space and forget what you were doing. I hope can look back and ACTUALLY remember this trip!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
D Rock - What's poppin? Thanks for rolling through. Things are going to get real interesting right about now....

I've Decided To Get Out of the Seed Collecting Business...

And Get HEAVY Into The Growing Business...

I just can't help it. It's ingrained in me... :redface:

So I've wetted down 67 seeds!

I've germinated 4 NYC "Piff". These seeds were collected from LARGE amounts of Piff over the course of about 3 years. They are extremely RARE and hard to find... These four (and I'm almost certain one is cracked) were found spread out over about 30 pounds of piff. One was found at the bottom of a 5 pound brick, the others 2 came from nugs.

Also germinated a little over 30 of some really good outdoor weed I can get... I asked a buddy who deals in it to give me some seeds. These will be going outside. Even though they will be out a little late, I figure the more the better outside. And I'm really trying to overgrow this area...

Some Reggie Miller. AKA Regs AKA Rugular Weed. These too will go outside. But there are four seeds that I got from an incredibly DANK batch of sticky Jamacian heads with FAT red hairs. Popping about 16 of these.. These plants are for the hood. Too bad I won't be telling anyone. :nono:

I'm cracking 3 Fat Bud seeds. This is a tentative name and will probably change. They are 3 seeds I found in a little nug of some really high grade and NL smelling chronic. It was VERY triched out, but the grower didn't know WTF he was doing...

The 3 Frankie's seeds you see labled are from a buddy named Frankie that sells dank. They came from some super dank that he sells...

The 3 MG beans are the same deal. A buddy that deals has some sick herb. They came from that.

So basically, my intentions are to sprout all these, let them grow a bit, put the outdoor bagseed and the Reggie outside, sex all the dank bagseeds, and grow them inside...
Also if I can pull a healthy male and female from the NYC "Piff" seeds I'm going to make a cross... At the least I will be keeping a clone.
I can't wait! I think I'm gonna have to fire up the 600w!!!

GoneGrowing

Damn ARTofMAKINGfire, what happened man, you've gone crazy with all them beans:smile:, crazy lot of beans you're about to pop. Where are you gonna put'em all? Sure as hell gonna get crowded in you closet if they're going in there, but you're gonna put a 600w up or what? No matter what, you're heading for a damn good time, lots of different stuff to choose from, sounds niiice. Some exciting beans amongst there,good luck getting'em all popped :rasta:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
GoneGrowing - Don't worry. I've got the space problem figured out. In my head at least...
I'm going to be adding a vegetation cabinet. Most likely an identical sized cabinet but with 2 or 3 shelves. One for seedlings, one mothers, and possible another for rooting clones. Regardless, I'm going to start them in seedling trays, then into party cups. I will get more than half of them outside to sex so I'l be left with probably less than 20 plants for inside. So in addition to the vegetation cabinet, I will eventually set up a second flowering chamber which will hold the 600 watt HPS and will be built to my specific needs out of plywood.

Frank - Ohhhhh yeah. NY dank to the fullest and a lot of different varieties... And you can't forget the "Piff"! It's gonna be sick.

asher1er

Veteran
everythings looking good Art, keep the pics coming! ima try your germ method soon after the long weekend as i know i'll be to banged up to remember to check up on them :bashhead: :joint:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!

This is a tool I use alot in my trade. I just got a new one so this one now gets a place in my grow room. It takes PERFECTLY ACCURATE surface temperature readings. You just point, and there is the temp...

Here are the ambient temperatures of the intake air.

Here is the sheet metal temperature on my 250MH...

You can see how accurate it is. This is the rerturn temperature.

And the supply temperature. Slightly cooler. Outside temperature don't really requre the use of the AC today. I just turned it on to show you temperature differential. This unit will still pump out this temperature air on a 90 degree day...

I also can use this to hit the tops of my plants to see EXACTLY what temperature they are experiencing. No more heat stress EVER AGAIN for me!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I transplanted the Sour Diesel IBL, Orange Bud, and MasterKush into large square pots for flowering. I'm going to let them get thier feet under them, take some clones, and then adjust the photoperiod. These plants have been vegging for about 50 days from seed.

I also kept another Orange Bud alive that I believed was a male because I was going to clone it and use it's pollen to get some Orange Diesel seeds. But after 4 or 5 more days, she showed me pistells and after thourough examination there are no male preflowers at all on her! So tonight she gets transplanted into a large square pot and flowered with the rest. I'm real happy because now I'll be able to really fill up that canopy and see what the 250w HPS can do!
I'll post some pictures of the transplant tonight... The girls are looking real STRONG.