What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~ART Returns To His Roots~~

tngreen

Veteran
awesome pics man! very vibrant colors on those first buds with lots of resin, great job! love the pics with the lone seed as well, very cool. can't wait to see the finished product.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
This was the mess in my RubberMaid veg box.

And this is what I turned it into. That's 50 clones. About 30 UK Cheese, several cuts from both Uptown Hazes, (that's them to the left in the same seedling tray), and various other females that I put outside. Hopefully, I'll get those Piff to root, but I' keeping the plants until I know for sure. They both female.

3971DSCN00031.JPG

The Cheese is in the small pot recovering for the next clone session.

Here is Orange Bud #2 right before the chop. I took this one down at 58 days. The other I want to let go.

Sugar leaf.

Peace.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Yea my bad. I just caught a hermie on the Sour D and when removing it, it opened. Releasing the pollen on my finger. I just wiped it on a few of those single pistels right at the internodes. And it looks like it worked...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
So the plant I chopped it still hanging. I let it go another day or two before I sweat it in the jars... It's gonna be some AAA nug and the othe ORange Bud pheno is gonna be even sicker! I can't wait. I'll post some finished pics and when I chop the others...

thatguy

Nice! Glad the beans only happened where you wanted them! Selfed, too! More SD for you!

I was thinking of doing something similar if my piff-like OD plant herms on me. Hence why I asked.

I almost bought some of the Orange Bud when I bought my beans. Went for Strawberry Cough instead. Still waiting to pop them.

At least now I'll be able to form an opinion on it before I decide to buy some!

All the best,
TG

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I thouroughly pissed off.

I have 2 amazing areas to grow. And nothing is ready. I have 15 Cheese clones, but I need 25 to fill the room. I don't want to start some while the rest of the clones root. The canopy would be all out of whack and I want to dial the Cheese in. So I have to wait at least another 2 weeks to let more Cheese clones root to get the magic 25.

I also have the small room. I need 6 plants for that room. So I'm thinking to start 6 Cheese in there so I at least have something going and then bite the bullet and wait for the rest of the Cheese clones to root.

I really fucked up this go around. I didn't plan ahead and didn't know when the big room was going to be finished. But now it is 100% operable and waiting for plants.

Arghhh. Also, I took several clones of the Piff, but I didn't label the MOMS! So the clones are useless, I'm gonna kill them and take new ones. It sucks because I wanted to start flowering them under the 250 as I know it's gonna take 100+. Oh well, I'll run the Piff next time without a doubt.

Oh well. If I do put some Cheese under the 250, I'll post some pictures...

It's either plant the Cheese now, or label the Piff moms and take cuttings from them, wait for them to root, then flower the Piff? What should I do?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
LoL. I just read the first line of my previous post.

I'm not and couldn't possibly be pissed off!

Look at the problems I'm worried about.

Who could be upset?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Dry, cured shots...

Sour Diesel IBL.​

Chopped at 65 days. Could have went another week. 43.4 grams dry.

3971sourfin.JPG

3971sourfin2.JPG

3971Sourfin3.JPG

Dutch Passion Orange Bud​

Chopped at 64 days. Right on time. Microscope shows me a perfect mix of trichromes. 32 grams dry.

3971OBfin1.JPG

3971obfin2.JPG

Dutch Passion Master Kush​

Chopped at 65 days. Could have gone another week. Stinks to high heaven. 39.7 grams dry.

3971kushfin.JPG

3971kushfin2.JPG

3971kushfin3.JPG

I also had another Orange Bud that weighed 30.1 grams dry.

So 145.2 from a 250 watt Metal Halide.

.59 grams/watt.

Ehhhhh. Oh well. It wasn't SOG, and not dialed in. Excuses, excuses... :violin:

Next time, I will probably be running 6 UK Cheese clones. Fox Farm's Ocean Forest again. PBP Grow and Tiger Bloom. Under the MH again.

That's all for now... :joint:

See you soon.

~Art~

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
sounds like you have some great problems to deal with art!

the buds are all lookin frosteeeeee and dank. Keep up that good work

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Okay. Back to business.

This is the 600 watt room.

Lined with plastic.

Planted in Fox Farm's Ocean Forest with added Pearlite.

Containers are rose pots. 7" square pots. I believe they hold a little over a gallon. (1.2 gal)

Fed them PBP Grow @ 10ML a gallon. 2 cups each plant.

Here they are...

3971600cheese.JPG

3971closecheese.JPG

The S99 and the Apollo 11 are up front and labeled. The rest are Cheese. Making 25.

Here's a little Cheese. Nothing special yet.

3971lilcheese.JPG

And here is the 26th plant. "Fat McGat" It is a bagseed from NL type weed. Very dank. We will see what she turns out... First time being flowered.

3971fatmcgat.JPG

Here is the top side of the space with oscilating fans mounted.

3971uptop.JPG

Temps are now perfect. I can get them down to 72F with the light on. I cut in a second intake the same size. Basically, I needed DOUBLE my intake.

Advice for a newB trying to bulid something or get a room going. It reminded me that VENTILATION IS KEY. You need ALOT of intake. And don't worry, as long as you run an extraction fan 24/7, you will have negative pressure and smell will not leak out.

I ended up using slinding doors with slats you can see in the pics. I used three sections for each intake alternating the direction the fins allowed air to pass. I painted the insides black to absorb light and they are 100% lightproof. Allowing air to pass, but no light.

Last thing is that I stapled down plastic so that any spills won't seep into the wood and possibly cause mold/mildew problems.

I don't want to let them go for longer than 10 days vegging. So action will happen quick.

Peace. :joint:

peterpan

Veteran
yo Art, so this is where its going off. Everything is looking great, will be keeping and eye on the new room and grow, again looks great. peace