What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afgooey...

nomaad

Veteran
Not a fan... its got decent medicinal properties in that it makes me very sleepy, but in general I am not impressed with this strain at all. I have heard it does better inside than outside and I will say that it did better in my black box than it did in the full summer garden... but its not something I would ever grow again.

sneakinman13

Veteran
Not a fan... its got decent medicinal properties in that it makes me very sleepy, but in general I am not impressed with this strain at all. I have heard it does better inside than outside and I will say that it did better in my black box than it did in the full summer garden... but its not something I would ever grow again.

not sure who's goo you grew out... but the cuts floating around in northern cali are out of this world weed... so dont give up on her if you havent had the reall deal yet... not saying you havent. but after reading your post i feel we had dif cuts.
later

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Yeah I am not sure if you might have actually had the real deal. Opinions are like...

I, for one, am super excited to have this strain back in my garden. It has been way too long since I last had her. WHAT A FLAVOR!

I also really loved the bubblehash sample I had gifted to me. Out of this world good.

But then again, we all like different things.

I cant wait to have this plant rotating with the others again.

sneakinman13

Veteran
wel i just saw your outdoor grow nomad. props first of all. and thats weird that you dont like your goo.. maybe she just didnt like your outdoors??? idk ..
all i kno is most goo i would pick up out there was just top notch shit that had flavor and smell for days.... i LOVE goo. personaly

nomaad

Veteran
I have compared my goo to several grass valley commercial monocrops (if that ain't the real goo, then there's no such thing)

its the same thing. goo. grass valley goo. afgooey. same thing.

nomaad

Veteran
wel i just saw your outdoor grow nomad. props first of all. and thats weird that you dont like your goo.. maybe she just didnt like your outdoors??? idk ..
all i kno is most goo i would pick up out there was just top notch shit that had flavor and smell for days.... i LOVE goo. personaly

My dad used to say "That's what makes horseraces."

Its funny because I came across the following, and my opinion, shared with many before ever seeing this blurb was almost word for word the same:

attachment.php

trybud

I love afgooey but i recently let it go too. excellent weed but mine came out airy and light 2 outdoor seasons in a row(this year was just turd plants, last year was fires/smoke) my opinion is once you ran it a few times the thrill is gone. the cut is easily attainable again so thats a big reason i dont have it mothered up too. im up in the north yuba/nevada county area so im willing to bet i had the real cut too........

D

danny karey

I wish some body would use it in an affy cross.........I think it could work.

Danny

nomaad

Veteran
I love afgooey but i recently let it go too. excellent weed but mine came out airy and light 2 outdoor seasons in a row(this year was just turd plants, last year was fires/smoke) my opinion is once you ran it a few times the thrill is gone. the cut is easily attainable again so thats a big reason i dont have it mothered up too. im up in the north yuba/nevada county area so im willing to bet i had the real cut too........

it sure wan't light and airy for me. in the black box, when it was getting that July sun, it was seriously dense. Hermed because of high humidity in there and came down at 50 days... dense as fuck.

the full season plants did not nug out as fat, but the buds were dense. Had they been as fat as the black box, they would have yielded to an insane degree.

dman16

some afgooey i harvested about 3 weeks ago, clone cut floating around the Colorado medical scene.
DSC01431.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

middle one is my afgooey in this pic.
DSC01439.jpg

msd828

What's the difference between afgoo and afgooey?

And anyone looking for afgoo cuts in norcal can get them from oaksterdamn

jawnroot

What's the difference between afgoo and afgooey?

And anyone looking for afgoo cuts in norcal can get them from oaksterdamn

I believe they're the same thing. I hear "afgoo" and "afgooey" used interchangeably to reference the same strain. Goo, however, is its own deal.

Nice i love Afgooey i used to see Clone of it alot when i lived in Denver I WISH I KNEW IT WAS CLONE ONLY BEFORE I MOVED TO FOCO i would have got some lol now days i cant find them :(

Str8Dank

i've had this cut for over a year and just grew it for the first time. i only let it go 56 days but man it's still a keeper! super easy plant to grow and throws weight. running half a room of this strain now. the only thing i'm changing is i'm running silcia blast since these girls did not hold their weight well.

afgoo---8-weeks-macgo.jpg

this cola was on a plant with 4 colas. this one was the biggest and weighed in just shy of a zip on a 3 ft plant.
afgoo---8-weeks-cola.jpg

afgoo---8-weeks.jpg