What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

log-in difficulties?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
am i the only one having trouble getting on here? the last three days. every time i try to log in, the message pops up "you have exceeded your allowable failed attempts to log on" or something similar to that. then it advises me that "i must wait 15 minutes before trying again "(which makes no difference at all, same message) annoying. first time it happened, i got the message, but it still logged me in? go figure...:tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
No.
Do you think somebody is trying to hack your password? It would be a very slow process having a try every 3 minutes, but it's 450 tries a day. Maybe some PC somewhere is going through a 'top passwords' list.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
It's been slow and unresponsive for me a few times in the past couple of weeks too. I type in the user name and password, click "log in". The page just loads and loads, but nothing happens. Refreshing the page and/or waiting a minute or two usually helps tho, so no biggie. Never exceeded my failed attempts, so I dono about that.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
No.
Do you think somebody is trying to hack your password? It would be a very slow process having a try every 3 minutes, but it's 450 tries a day. Maybe some PC somewhere is going through a 'top passwords' list.

that was the first thought i had. second one was that i had stepped on someones toes (a moderator or someone that could block me out) . problem comes & goes over time. working fine (so far) today...:dance013: