What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PM ROOT DRENCH?

CrushnYuba

So i have this out of control depp. Just bit off more then i could chew and the plants got out of control. It's way too packed. I just flipped them and i saw a couple spots of pm. Because of how packed it is it's going to get worse. Unfortunately it's just to packed to even foliar spray. Everything is trellissed and my walkways are gone.
Has anyone used eagle 20 or anything else as a root drench?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Try Activonate, shits expensive though. like others have mentioned, there is no real way to kill it. just ways to slow it down. maybe burn sulfur. Im kinda in the same boat. i sprayed Actinovate and did a root drench with it sprayed once with green cure, and burnt sulfur once

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
E20 will get rid of it all. A light foliar and youll never see it again.

CrushnYuba

Yea but like i said i can't foliar because it's too packed. I will probably just burn sulfur because it's really not bad, i was just hoping someone knew if eagle 20 could be root drenched.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Packed or not it will work bc it is systemic. The pm will die. Getting it on the leaves period gets in into the plants. Make sure ph is 5.2-5.5(ideal for foliar uptake). It will work.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Packed or not it will work bc it is systemic. The pm will die. Getting it on the leaves period gets in into the plants. Make sure ph is 5.2-5.5(ideal for foliar uptake). It will work.

I thought u wanted high ph like 8 + when trying to attack pm? with a sprayer

PdxFarms

If I remember right, eagle 20 needs to be ph between 5.5 and 6. But it's been a while since I've used it... Because it worked so good.

Even with a packed canopy, you can manage some sort of foliar spray. Pump sprayer, even if from the under side. Plus is systemic.
And gets as much air flow in there as you can.

Start some defoloation as well. Thin the side branches and insides. All those things will help

CrushnYuba

Yea.. I know it's systemic, that's why i was wondering if it would work through roots. Been using it forever. When i say its to packed i really mean it. It is physically impossible to get to plants without crawling under the trellis. Which ever poor soul that works at my ranch that i asked to do this would get more in their face then on plants. They got respirators but no rubber suits. Its a 20ft x60' continuous scrog, Lol.
I always use a little eagle 20 when they are babies and i never see pm. Just never got around to flipping them with everything i got going on.
I might be able to just get a nozzle of an atomizer above the canopy and it might make its way around, but it's already getting a little late into flower for e 20.
Thanks guys

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if its too late its too late. I wont spray it unless i have 65+ days prior to harvest. And i havent had to spray it in years. Once it was gone it was gone. I sprayed everything one time w it here and there a bit when it was a problem. But yeah if its too late, no bueno.

TnTLabs

I. The human health effects from the combustion and inhalation of myclobutanil have not been evaluated
Tolerance levels and toxicity studies for myclobutanil on edible products should not be used for evaluating the safety of myclobutanil on marijuana. Passage of pesticides into the bloodstream varies considerably between inhalation and ingestion routes of exposure, and the application of high temperature is known to alter the chemical composition of myclobutanil. Unfortunately, very little information is available to evaluate myclobutanil in the context of tobacco use, as Eagle 20 and myclobutanil-based fungicides are not approved for use on tobacco plants in the United States (6,7). Myclobutanil is approved for use on tobacco cultivated in China, however, and a 2012 study has demonstrated that 10% or more of the active pesticide remains on tobacco leaves up to 21 days after treatment, with residue present from 0.85 parts per million (ppm) up to 3.27 ppm (8). Using tobacco as a model for pesticide retention, it is probable a considerable amount of myclobutanil may remain present in cannabis weeks after fungicide application.

II. Inhalation of pyrolized myclobutanil residue could expose cannabis users to hydrogen cyanide
As noted on the Eagle 20 material safety data sheet(3), myclobutanil is stable at room temperature, but releases highly toxic gas if heated past its boiling point of 205°C (401°F) (3, 9). Disposable butane lighters, commonly used to ignite marijuana during consumption, produce temperatures in excess of 450°C.

III. Myclobutanil is co-extracted with cannabinoids during concentrate production
Studies of two other conazole fungicides, tebuconazole and propiconazole, have demonstrated that these chemicals are co-extracted during production of essential oils (14). Moreover, the process of extraction, treatment, and concentration can cause tebuconazole and propiconazole pesticide residue to accumulate at levels 250 times higher than the starting material (14). Myclobutanil is highly soluble in many of the solvents used in cannabinoid extraction (ex. ethanol, butane, and carbon dioxide)(15,16), and unquestionably co-extracts with cannabinoids during concentrate production. The process of removing residual solvent and increasing cannabinoid concentration very likely increases levels of myclobutanil, and other chemically-similar pesticides.

Conclusion
The Colorado Department of Agriculture has identified and published a list of "minimum risk pesticides" that pose little or no risk to human health (18) and are allowable for use on marijuana during cultivation. Eagle 20 (myclobutanil) is not on this list, but the absence of regulatory oversight has contributed to its widespread use in marijuana cultivation in Colorado.

Federal guidance is unlikely, given the legal status of marijuana. It falls on Colorado to build on the guidelines issued by the CDA to implement more stringent regulation, including pesticide residue testing, to prevent tainted product from reaching the open marketplace and consumers.

https://www.coloradogreenlab.com/blog/eagle-20-and-myclobutanil-in-the-context-of-cannabis-cultivation-and-consumption

Latest posts

Latest posts