What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~NGB Micro Cab 175/150w MH/HPS - Durban Poison, Skunk #1, Fat Skunk, Secret~

=/ I was thinking about getting a dB meter from radio shack - testing the dB and then returning it lol. With my door closed on the cab, you cant hear it from the next room over. However, I think its because the cab works as a muffler. Theres ducting from the hood to the fan, then more ducting from the fan to the filter. So when both doors are closed it's relatively quiet. I did a little research on auto exhaust mufflers as I thought it was going to be a serious problem, but it turned out to be just fine. However, I was thinking you could probably make a small tube like deal out of wood to kind of copy the design of an exhaust muffler. I was thinking of making one out of wood and just make kind of a rectangular box and have the muffler design on the inside - which basically just forces the air in different directions.

Here: It's kind of a lot of reading, but I think with some wood and some silicon and some patience, it can be done. I don't know how well it would work with just moving air, but it's logical to me.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/muffler1.htm

Don't worry homies. I didn't get the bust or anything. Just haven't had internet access in a long ass time. Finally have something temporary for a few minutes and thought I would add that the bud sites are starting to fuzz up nicely. I'll post pics once I have access again, but it will be a week or 2 if I am lucky.

stevr59

glad to hear ur safe and sound and ur plants are doing well wish i could say that for mine one of mine is about dead all the leaf truned yellow and puprel stems and very slow growth the other getting yellow spots and the leafts look like there burned hell my ppm is 730 with a ph of 5.8 and there dieing doing the same thing i have done for 4 grows all i can think is my nutes have gone bad how can one plant in the same reavore have one defince wile the other show a nouter proublem and it had to hit me half way tru flowing but i did notice i got some kind of gnats coming out of the reaVORE may be this is what killing my babies gf will be moving back in this week so i got to shut down looks like i will be up dateing the box and grow a few tomatoes in it till they get use to the box then i will try my had at some chemdawg c-99 and see how they do.

lol. Well at least you got some going. I got the internet back finally so I'll have to post some bud shots. I flowered once they hit the screen and they're lookin like they're going to be VERY small. Tomorrow makes 5wks flower so I might as well post then. Nice to see you again!

stevr59

glad to see ur back my poor grow whent to shit and back i got the dreaed root rot one plant is dam near dead the other has proublems but at lest i will get a small harvest wich is on the 25 the rot had messed up my ph no matter what i do its drop to below 3.1 wich is not a good thing, but i know why it happen i took my mother plant wich was growing inna coffee can and it had slimy root so i put it in the rez with a clone and thats where i messed up.but any ways glad ur back and waiting on some jucy bud shots.

Here are my little babies - 5 Weeks Flower

Here are my little babies - 5 Weeks Flower

Well that's them. Tiny little tikes.. At least I took some clones. I'm excited to start the hydro up anyway.

Stevr- Luck to you fixing your root rot issues. Now you know why it happened, hopefully you wont have to worry about that again. Where you hidin' your pics at?

Oh. Most of the trichs are cloudy by the way. I dont know why since it's only 5 weeks and both strains I believe are supposed to be 8. At least the durban poisons are my own f2's and their parents took 63 days to mature so I guess we'll see how it goes. A couple of smokes on a small cut I took has proven to be VERY nice.

stevr59

lol what did you do to them there so small where all the fan leafs did you remove them or did they fall off glad you tok clones and i think you wil like hyrdo better sofar i have had no luck growing in soil them babies looks a lot like my out door grow wich i got to go see about harvesting today one plants has mold from all the rain we got the other day

Fucking mold. I hate that. Well hopefully it turns out well.

Yeah I thought I would pull off most of the fans. I figured the yield isn't going to be anything impressive so I would experiement with them. I did some reading once saying that fans are required to help get energy for the rest of the plant. Well mine is growing just fine. My theory is that the plant is putting more energy into the buds to fatten them up and they're certainly doing that. I don't anticipate i'll do it in the future though. My problem is that I just switched into flower too soon. The strains that I have aren't too stretchy so i'll have to fill the screen a bit next time - but at least now I know.

I got a few more beans ready though. I used pontiacs wick cloner method with my rapid rooters. It's turned out to be way, way too eazy. The rapid rooters are designed to hold in just the right amount of water and I just put them on the wick system so they just take in the water when they needed it. Other than taking off the 2 liter bottle thats cut bottom being used like a humidity dome, the only maintenance i've had to give was adding more water to the mini-reservoir it sits on. I'll have to take a pic of it. I was really just experimenting but its doing so much better than I expected it would. Plus the rapid rooter plugs give a nice foundation for the seedlings and promote root growth. I'm planning on making the holes in the hydro swc tub soon and just putting the plug right on top of the hole. I know it will work just fine. I just hope that my air pump is going to produce enough bubblage when i'm ready. Thanks for stickin around man. Keep it green! :wave:

stevr59

man your grow looks just like what i just pulled from out door my 2 clone didnt do well at all but all is good they just when in the mix i am making canna butter with all my old leafs and 2 fresh but over ripe buds so thats at lest a 1/4 oz of buds along with over 2 oz of leafs and a pound of buter now that shouild kick some ass

Aww shitty man. Sorry to hear that. I haven't made a successful batch of butter before. Never had enough buds to try and make it worth the time and effort except once and I didn't have a legit recipe so it didn't work. I'm sure that butter has some serious potency man. So congrats I think lol. Feel better man.

stevr59

all is well. got a lil sick to my stomic just pull my butter from the freezerand all loks good just did a lil in my grits wil see what happens. but back to busness at hand now that you got a grow under way have you seen any other ways to improve on this box?

Well first of all if I were to remake the thing, I would make it taller at least 6" taller and I would probably widen the wall of the utility room and the mother room. I would extend that wall into the flower room by another 2-4" at least as well. By making both of these adjustments you should be able to fit a little more equipment in the utility room and also have more space for the mothers. They're pretty cramped in the veg room. Well I don't have any yet, but I know they will be.

stevr59

yep i was thinking the same thing. but all so upgrading to a 250 watt cool tube inproved ventalation, quiter fan ,wish i could do a flood and drain so i dont have to worrie with rez temps. but not anought head room for that only proubmes with a swc is one keeping the temps below 72 and if you get root rot on one plants it messed up the other wich is what i am fighing now the one with the rot keep fucking up my ph. can adjut it to 5.8 and the next day its back to 3.1 wich cuses nute lock out so my better plants is showing signs of low calcum. didnt know why my ph was dropping so bad and was telling lucas my proubelm and he said root rot and he was dam shure right. and a nouter inpromve ment would be to come up with a nute doser and a ph doser so i dont have to do it ever day. ohhhhhhhhh wach the pics dude a local grower got busted the day becuse of his pics check out my thread in the secruty foroum

Underground Man

Oh well DP, I am sure that next run with hydro and clones you will have a completely full screen. How are your clones doing?

In my scrog I trimmed the fan leaves that were blocking budsites on other branches, but left ones that blocked budsites on the same branch. :wave:

stevr59

man its all most 8:eek:o and the butter is still kicking my ass took a tlbsoop full at 12 with a baked poatoe holly shit man i am so dam fucked up its like i am not high but at the same time i am not on this planet. if i close my eyes i start seeing things and open my eyes and i am normal its fucking weired man and i got a hole ponds of this shit made sitting in da freezer i am not the one who's so far a way
when i feel the snake bite inter my viens
never did i want to be here again.
and i dont reamber why i came

stevr59

sorry to keep hoging ur thread but i cant help it lol i just ate some more and fixing to go smoke one man what a long nites its going to be .
μίσος αγάπης όχι

LOL. Those lyrics just came out from under a bud or something. No worries on hoggin the thread. Anybody is free to say what the like on this pad. Ps. I think your issues will be resolved if you can get a really good cool tube setup going. Also, if you go back to NGB's post - the reason the 250w wasn't used in his setup is because of the wattage being wasted. I probably wouldn't bother with adding more light. Im going to add glass to my air cooled hood though and make another hole to really cool things down in there when I get a chance. & Thanks for the security tip.