What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO is mind boggling

G

Heres a little BHO i made with some schwagg weed that was real cheap.I only used a little bit and got a nice amount back.I used King Butane with my O' kief tube.I took a pin and whipped tha little bit of the oil in the middle of the pan,is this "budder"?If budder is more potent than BHO,how does that work if its just whipped BHO thats reheated?Or is that not the way to make it,im not sure.But its real creamy and buttery looking, tastes the same though and whacks you the same,either way yer stoned :bat: .Heres some pix.Peace and stay safe, DancesWithWeed :respect:

Budder? :joint:
:joint: the schwagg :joint:

:joint: before whipping :joint:

:joint: my Nightmare Before Christmas Budder Face,lol.

G

The tube :joint:

:joint:
:joint:
:joint: after i make the oil,i doubleboil it to purge,then i scrape it up with a razor and take a flame and heat it again,then i spread it out thin on the pan and let it set for 24hrs,its usually pretty well purged by then.

Last edited:
G

beautiful pics DWW, really mind blowing, yer absolutely right about that. aint budder tho.
is this "budder"?If budder is more potent than BHO,how does that work if its just whipped BHO thats reheated?Or is that not the way to make it,im not sure.But its real creamy and buttery looking, tastes the same though and whacks you the same,either way yer stoned
as i understand it 'budder' is synthesized thru the process of isomerization.
youd need to follow an isomerization tek for that1 DWW... ie: link! :wink: be well

Last edited:
G

Thanks Bro :wave: ,i was wondering what the deal was.Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed

jimbob420

not true budder is just what you made but further refined by disolving it in ISO and evaping over again and maybe even running the liquid through a carbon filter. But the shit you just made is just as good, dont bother adding more solvents to it...just keep heating and stiring until it is solid

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Great job, that looks like some pretty clean stuff. these kind of threads make me want to try it out myself, lol. up to now i've been more then happy with the bubble hash. my bubble hash teacher says that bho has allways got some rest of butane in it no mater what you do. that has kind of put me off trying it out. but i love seeing the beautiful pics of the stuff...

jimbob420

how can there be butane left in this?

and any little amount that could be would be immediatly burnt up when I put the heat to it since tane boils away at room temp.

People who hate bho obviously havent smoked the right shit

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
There will always be the naysayers about BHO. I've smoked the stuff 10+ years and i'm still alive
:joint: Me too,my third eye bothers me every once in awhile though,lol.I learned about it a long time ago,but didnt make it much because the yeild.But if done right(purged)with high qaulity butane its pretty damn sweet,but i do have to agree that no matter what theres prob some residue left but thems the breaks, i like it every once in awhile though.But my fave is deff Bubble for sure,two different animals there and its all about preference :joint: .I like to mix bubble with Kif and BHO put it in a doob of SourBubble and go blind for a couple days,its mind boggling :bat:,lol .Peace and stay safe all,DancesWithWeed. :sasmokin:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
FullyMeltedDome said:
:joint: Me too,my third eye bothers me every once in awhile though,lol.I learned about it a long time ago,but didnt make it much because the yeild.

actually one can get anywhere from 3-6 grams from one oz of buds, which is pretty good i think. i get over 20 percent on quite a few well grown strains.

jimbob420

I never weigh shit cause i aint got a scale but I would have to agree that I can get at the bare minimum 3g and up to at least 5 or 6. Will have to do some measurin

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
don't get me wrong i'm very tempted to get it sorted out and try it. just looking at those incredible pics makes the drool factor come into play.

i do know one thing though, the guy who told me about the rests, has probably smoked some of the best bho out there and he claims to allways be able to taste the bho rests. anyway i think i'm gonna have to start experimenting. up to now i've allways looked at bubble hash as the ultimate concentrate. but some fine oil for special occasions sounds like good fun to me.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
jimbob420 said:
how can there be butane left in this?

and any little amount that could be would be immediatly burnt up when I put the heat to it since tane boils away at room temp.

People who hate bho obviously havent smoked the right shit

Butane is a hella lot better than iso but unfortunately chems dont work like that. They dont remain completely seperate until combustion fortunately removes the toxic and leaves the oil. The toxic shit binds to the oil similar in the way iso does preventing 100% complete evaporation.

If you can taste it, its in there. Thats why iso, ethanol, butane, and bubble all taste different even when working the same strain. Bubble is probably the taste base you want to judge from since water/ice doesnt add any taste.

G

verite said:
If you can taste it, its in there. Thats why iso, ethanol, butane, and bubble all taste different even when working the same strain. Bubble is probably the taste base you want to judge from since water/ice doesnt add any taste.
in other words, yer pullin way more impurities from the plant tissue itself when makin oil with any solvent
bubble and dry sieve (kief) are the best bet for the average joe, imVho.
if one wants some nice smokin' oil, BHO is superior to any liquid solvent for mere ease, alone!
as a side note, im pretty sure impurities can be removed with some not-so-novice procedures

Last edited:

jimbob420

put any but the finest bubble on a screen and hit it with a lighter and there will be residue left on the screen...put buddered up bho on the screen and light it up and it will melt more so than bubble and leave absolutly no residue on the screen... The residue Im talking about is the black carbon like shit that comes from burning plant matter. You will get that from bubble and dry sift almost every time(you can avoid this but it takes LOTS of time dry sifting over many screens to get a small amount of good stuff and lots of lower quality shit) I never have had this experience with bho. If it is done right there is absoultley no plant material to burn left in the mix. No matter how small you make your screen in micronmeter there will always be some contamints that will come through this is obvious since the 25 micron bag sometimes comes out GREEN and it is smaller than the 73. I guess it really just depends on how much you mix your bubble bag mix but the more you mix the more the quant and less the qual. BHO IS THE SHIZZNIT

comphashon

carbon is a biproduct of burning...if you light your oil on fire you will get carbon...the only way to avoid carbon is to vape...like HMK oil/hash ti-vape...no flame =no cabon!!!i have been ti-vapin my dry sift and rosin for months now and there is no black shit in my pipe at all...if i smoke a bit in a reg bowl...tons of black shit....anyway people will smoke what they want ...but i cannot recomend using solvents of any kind(even water) as they change the taste and effect of the hash...nor can i recomend smokin(bud) out of a pipe...as the cabon will get you...

rosin is the best oil i have had ever...and no solvent!!!finally a choice!!!!
c

jimbob420

its ok to light pure "oil" with a lighter since it isnt really oil and is just gland heads and Im sure using a ti-vap thingymajig will make it better but if it is already pure there is no carbon to be made. the carbon is the byproduct of burning leaf/plant material...if your shit was pure you would have no carbon....if you are throwing dry sift on the ti pad and getting nothing left on your pad then you either A) have some really really kick ass super sifted kif, or B) are getting that ti-pad so fukin hot that you are just vaporizing everything including the carbon. Where does the carbon go that was present in the material when you were burning it? If you took the same sample and split it in half then burned one half and ti-vaped the other and the burned one has carbon in it but the vaped one doesnt and there is no residue on the pad? Where did this carbon go? I dont know but I think I will stay away from smoking anything except the purest oil or bubble hash(73 only) with a flame and use everything else for the vaporizer.