What's new

A GRINDING QUESTION....ABOUT TRICH'S

RuralRoute420

THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THIS HEAR, SINCE EVERYONE HERE KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO KEEP THOSE TRICHS NICE. AFTER BEING SO GENTLE WITH NEW BUDS FOR SO LONG AS TO KEEP IT LOOKING SUGAR COATED, IS IT BAD TO THROW IT IN A GRINDER? DOES IT LOSE SOME POTENCY DUE TO WEED/TRICHS GETTING STUCK IN METAL GRINDER? AND BEING GROUND TO SHIT? WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER TO JUST SMOKE IT AS CLOSE TO NATURAL/WHOLE AS POSSIBLE? SCISSORS AT MOST? HIGH RAMBLINGS HERE...

cadillachydro

Haha... Now thats a stoney question... would it decrease the potency? Not sure, but i know even as a kid, when i could afford the kind bud, i always handled it with care, no baggies but film canisters and i always had those cool little foldable scissors on my keychain, remember those??? the kind you cant seem to buy anymore. Its just a special kind of comfort knowing your getting more down the pipe than on your fingers or rubbed off on the inside of a bag.

RuralRoute420 ,

Yeah I'de never put my homegrown in a grinder ,It would definatly mash all the tric-heads plus I like to keep my herb a little moist .

When I smoke import i'll use a grinder because its been squashed anyway so it fluff's it up nice,but not in my pal's crystal snatchin grinder.

Cadillachydo ,

I remember those little foldy sizzors, my mates though I was weird for havin them on my key -ring ,they're still sold round these ere part's.

HotCha

i think it would be better to let a cool metal grinder touch your kind buds instead of your hot, sticky hands.

my grinder rules, i don't loose anything.

Sizzors m8 it's all about the sizzors ,

Were not talking about loosing anything it's about not burstig the cutile's on the trichlomes because thats were the most THC is ,

My personal view is that sizzors are best!!
Erb kept slightly moist to keep the tric's fresh !!
So it does 't work a grinder anyhow.

Butte

Veteran
Well, when I pack a pipe or bubbler, I'm pretty careful, but my grinder is essential for 'cano bags. The way I look at it is this: yes, you're bursting the trichomes, but I'm packing and smoking them within five minutes, so the oxidation (and loss of potency) is limited. As for losing crystals in my grinder, I don't really see that. The inside of a high quality grinder should be machined well enough that there is very little space for trichomes to hide! Also, the only thing in my grinder is herb, so if I leave some, I'll pick it up next time...

4iiii'z

I like the shark tooth grinders
gotta a little plastic pocket grinder for 2 quid

imho > buds release more distilled thc, when they've had the shit ground out of them
the smaller the particle = the greater the surface area. innit

(*)^(*)

RuralRoute420

i do a little of both, grinder and scissors, depending on the mood i'm in and how much i have. grinders, i seem to go through more way faster. but i don't get as good as hit when i use scissors it seems, maybe sucking too much air. dunno. not too important, i just always wonder when i throw it in there. i have one of those aluminum grinders, and man, i gotta clean that thing every now and then due to gummy, sappy buildup around the edges, then it wants to catch and be sticky, and make it a bitch to grind. alcohol seems to do the trick. yes i still have some of those scissors, somewhere. the next best smoking utensil would have to be my "3-way smoking tool" that can go on keychain also, to clean bowl out. :lurk:

You would'nt belive it ,
I met some bloke on the train that had those little foldy sizzor's on his K-ring just for cuttin roach so it ain't fluffy like when it's torn ,but the bad part was he was smokin "dirt" as in soapbar ,
I tried to warn him of the danger's but he would'nt have none of it!!

CUNT told me the skunk was fuckin his brain up!!

Bullshit ,the cheap pikey so skint he can only buy adulturated eurobar .

D0nC0smic

yea a grinder will rub some of the trichs off, but thats why you get a grinder with a screen on the bottom so you can save the trichs that fall off for hash.

minds_I

Veteran
HotCha said:
i think it would be better to let a cool metal grinder touch your kind buds instead of your hot, sticky hands.

my grinder rules, i don't loose anything.

My grinder is the shiznit. No kief screen-just a 2 inch single billet aluminum grinder with magnets to keep the unit securely closed. you get a feel for the right cut and consistancy.

Besides-no matter how you bust up the bud-it all gets smoked. I think the trival amount of crystals lost to finger, scissor blades or grinders is trival to the amount that passes through my bong.

minds_I

G

I have a grinder but dont use it much have quite a few pairs of small scissors i use for trimming and cutting up to smoke. If i use the grinder you open it and smell its smells real strong fresh weed smell, I think that is the trics being crushed.

HotCha

i have the kif screen as well. you need really dry buds for it to work well. you also need to clean the screen regularly to get good results.

even the mexican buds i get yield nice, melty kif through the grinders screen.

i also like the way buds from a grinder burn. nice and even.

cadillachydro

the bad part was he was smokin "dirt" as in soapbar ,
I tried to warn him of the danger's but he would'nt have none of it!!
CUNT told me the skunk was fuckin his brain up!!
Bullshit ,the cheap pikey so skint he can only buy adulturated eurobar .
I just wanna say i thought this was a kick ass little thread... especially with funny stuff like the above!!! Good stuff.

comphashon

every time you handle cannabis you will lose a few trichs...the dryer the more you will lose...but

i picked up a space case titanium grinder a bit ago and it doesnt gum up as much as the alluminum ones at all...and it chops the cannabis(even the most sticky)to the perfect grind...i was so happy to here they had them i bought a few for friends...and everyone loves them!!!thanks space case for the alternative to plastic and alluminum!!!!
c

i grind up all my buds, the reason? because i believe it allows more air to pass through the buds...more oxygen=clearer headed high, less coughing ect.

2.5" metal grinder <<

p10116944by.jpg

^^I grind up similar sized nugs each time^^

It just smokes better, seriously try it out. Even when i bong it, grind the nugs.

TUTIDO

I personally like to do it all by hand. But I refuse to use rollers for joints and such too, not just grinders for breaking up. Something about doing it by hand adds character and quality to me, but take that from someone who's only sober for the first couple minutes of the morning...

minds_I

Veteran
^ Aye, I was once like you- young-brash, undisplined.

One day you may see the light.

Buahahaha

I understand- but the grinder does a wonderful job- especially for joints and bong hits- the consistantcy is just wonderful.

I too believe in the character and quality of a hand rolled joint-back in my day people took pride in the abilities to roll a good joint (not the cone shape, tobacco added,filter tipped, cigar wrapper things) and its burnablity and looks.

And for someone who is sober only in the morning-give it a good try and you will appreciate it I think.

minds_I

alGrenDh

Thanks for starting this thread, RuralRoute420. This is a topic I've been wondering about ever since my grinder came in a couple months ago. I only use it when I need alot of weed cut at one time, like friends coming over...need alot of smoke! Otherwise it's always film canister & scissors.

I've got the pollen catcher grinder model. Those little holes in the grinder, are you supposed to grind it until the bud all falls through those holes onto the screen or just until it's shreaded to your liking? I do it to my liking and some but not all, falls through the holes, but was curious.

I figure that everyone has their own way of doing things. I have found this way works better than any other way that i have tried.

I feel whatever way works best, that's what i'm going to do, i don't fuck around, as i'm sure neither do any of you. If you're gona do it, do it right eh?

ps- just this last weekend, i went home and got to kick it with a bunch of new and vet smokers...everyone of them came up to me and told me that the grinder made a big difference.

TRY IT!! :bat:

Latest posts

Latest posts