What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

|FCG|Frank's 1st Grow: Royal Haze | Area51 LED, CO2, Bubbleponics

|FCG|Frank

After a month of research and LOTS of reading, I will soon begin my first grow. I am very excited. I'm a medical user who suffers from a chronic IBD. Before MM, my illness affected my daily life so considerably that I had to change my job. MM (with the help of immunosupressants) has put me into remission and has literally made the disease manageable to the point where it is extremely manageable. I've invested a bit of money in this first grow, but I won't be selling anything. I'm looking to maximize my investment by getting the most potent buds I can out of the plant. After getting much advice and considering my situation, I decided to grow a sativant dominant strain and went with Royal Haze. I only vaporize and will now be able to afford baking edibles.

Unfortunately my seed order was seized at customs so I had to re-order. This will delay things but I should still be starting this grow around Christmas.

I am hoping to provide as much information as possible to make this grow journal as noob friendly as Roseman's thread was. Most medical users are struggling to get quality marijuana to find relief and nobody is better served then themselves. I will also be posting a lot of pictures. Lots of them. Some people don't like to read but they like pictures. And that's A-OK.

I hope I can count on your help if stuff goes wrong... I'll be posting at least every two days.

Here we go:

Grow Room..........Gorilla Grow Tent (2’x4’x7’11”)
Strain...............Dinafem Royal Haze
Lights..............Area 51 LED (A51-60+A51-90=280W)
Medium.............Bubbleponics
CO2................Yes
Maintained [CO2]...1250-1500ppm
CO2 Source.........Bottled
Controller.........Sentinel CHHC-4
Maintained [rH]....55-60%
Vegging time.......~3 weeks (max growth before 12/12: 26”)
Flowering..........70-80 days
RO filter..........BRS 5 Stage RO/DI 75GPD
Water PPM..........0PPM
Nutes..............GH Flora Gro/Micro/Bloom
Supps..............Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, (Aquashield)
Nutrient monitor...CW PPM/Ph/Temp 24/7 meter
LST................ScrOG
HST................Fimming
Odor control.......4” Phresh-filter (scrubber)

I got an extra airpump to oxygenate that water real good. I won't be using all the outputs obviously, but I'll add an extra 14" airstone plus an air curtain as well.

This 300GPH pump will make draining very easy. I'll empty the bubbleponics directly in the drain with a 40' hose in less than 2 minutes. I got an extra 6 gal reservoir to fill with 0PPM water (I make my own). I'll use the pump to transfer that new water in the bubbleponics. Should be easy.

A CO2 bottle paired with the Sentinel CHHC-4 controller will be maintaing the CO2 concentration in the tent between 1250ppm-1500ppm. The tent is "sealed". Aside from 3 oscillating fans moving air around, there is no active intake/exhaust as to not waste CO2. I approximated that it will cost me 3¢ a day to run CO2 past the initial investment into the controller and regulator.

Graduated cylinders and beakers to measure nutrients properly.

In another thread, a fellow bubblehead went on a rant on how he hated rockwool so much. It was quite colorful and vivid, and I thought only someone so passionate about this hobby could feel so strongly about such a futile thing as rockwool. He suggested rapidrooter plugs instead. I looked it up and people were saying nice things about it, so I thought... why not?

I got pH4, pH7 and 1000ppm solutions to calibrate my nutrient monitor.

The Sentinel CHHC-4 can also control humidity. At first I didn't know I was getting it, so I got a humidifier with a built-in humidistat. But since I did get the CHHC-4, I'll let it control everything. I'll be maintaining humidity in the 55-60% range 24/7, except for the last two weeks of flowering, when I'll switch the humidifier for a dehumidifier and bring down humidity to 25-30%.

Here's the A51-90

Day9-FCG.jpg

Day8-FCG.jpg

Day10-FCG.jpg

Day11-FCG.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Frank

|FCG|Frank

Today I got my seeds AND my bubbleponics. I will be getting the CO2 stuff + PPM controller only next week, but I'm still ready to germinate.

So I did!

day2-fcg2.jpg

day2-fcg1.jpg

Once seeds have sunk to the bottom and they open I will put them in the rapid rooters.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hey what happened here? no more updates?

we're interested in seeing what became of this led grow.

hope all went well.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts