What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ø¤º°`°º¤ø Chemdog IBL ø¤º°`°º¤ø Zombie Virus ø¤º°`°º¤ø

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey bro Tr33 i'm kw31 and you have nice genetic to grow man for sure gonna be a great grow!! i see nice start i hope everything good , i can't wait for see how they coming soon mate sure i take chair and ready to watch!!!
Boom shiva!!

angel4us

ICMag Donor
that is stinky way to start!! i hate germing man, its like very tweeking on my nerves...worse than paranoi till those brats stand up and hollor. im going to need a chair for this show is going to end spectacular bro!

G

guest456mpy

Hi,
I've read your thread and I was wondering if you would be open for some suggestions.
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade.
H.G.

T

Tr33

always open for advice, criticism, etc...that's how we learn.

I've got faith 3 of each will survive! They look nice.

3 Rez are in FF soil, and the ZV are in my own soiless mix I've made for years.

pics later when I go back to the grow.

G

guest456mpy

Cool,

I see you have a degree in Botany so I'm just re-iterating what you probably already know.

The coco looks way too wet. A good way to avoid this is to prepare your coco before use.
I usually run some water through a sample to see how clean it is, salt wise. If the run-off is much higher than 500 ppm I flush it till it does with nutes at 1/4 strength ph'd to 5.5. Then I let it dry out so that the coco is moist but not wet. Then you can germ the seeds however you prefer only misting the coco top to allow the coco to wick the water down and keep it just moist. I treat all coco as possibly salt laden. I even check GH cocotek just to be sure. Easier to prevent than correct.

Make sure the is plenty of drainage in your cups.

When the seedling looks like it needs water, I give it a small amount. Don't get all the coco wet. This should eliminate the dampening off deaths you experienced.

The second thing is that more light is great during even the start of it's life. Your seedlings look tall and spindly. Ideally they should be short and bushy. All plants reach for blue light so using cool white instead of warm white also helps keep them short.

Most of the time my plants are less than 1/2 inch tall when they have their first true sun leaves fully developed and stack nodes between 1/8 to 1/2 inch depending on strain.

A gentle breeze from a small oscillating fan can help strengthen the stems.

I grew out the Rez Chemdog IX-III and it was outrageously vibrant and strong. Hope you get to grow some out, to me this strain looks so primative and primeval. very cool plant, not to mention excellent in taste, smell and potency.

Best of luck!

T

Tr33

Here's the photo update.

3 CD IBL are doing excellent

attachment.php

and

2 ZV arise and are looking great.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_3739.jpg
    100_3739.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 14
  • blue dream 6
    blue dream 6
    48.5 KB · Views: 19

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Most likely cause of pythium/damping off/root rot is overwatering or having standing water on the bottom of the cup or pot. I lost a lot of seeds this way.

Make sure there's fresh air in the germination room, avoid stale air.

Keep temps and medium slightly warm so water is evaporating off.

No standing water! 1/2" of perlite on the bottom of cups/pots helps with drainage. Some coco will block drain holes easily.

After 2-3 weeks seedlings will not be so susceptible to root rot.. just need to get there and you're good.

See the Mandala Germination guide in my sig

Greenmopho

Sorry to hear about the bad coco. I get great germ rates in RR plugs after a 1% peroxide soak.

Hope you can still find a nice female Chem D pheno in the survivors! If not, I hope you get a good male and make some F2s!

Best of luck, can't wait to see your results!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Nice proactive save TR33! Hope your rewarded with many ladies

pokergod

Most likely cause of pythium/damping off/root rot is overwatering or having standing water on the bottom of the cup or pot. I lost a lot of seeds this way.

Make sure there's fresh air in the germination room, avoid stale air.

Keep temps and medium slightly warm so water is evaporating off.

No standing water! 1/2" of perlite on the bottom of cups/pots helps with drainage. Some coco will block drain holes easily.

After 2-3 weeks seedlings will not be so susceptible to root rot.. just need to get there and you're good.

See the Mandala Germination guide in my sig

Thanks for the link, picked up some useful knowledge, I always use the paper towel method.

T

Tr33

Quick update, One survivor for sure.

Yeah, I'm bummed, but it's my fault that I used shitty coco that does not drain.
Cups with hydroton and Botanicare Coco in the past have never never failed before, it was this switch to cheaper coco that killed the little ones.
I have 1 Chemdog IBL alive. I am confident it will be a she.

Back to Botanicare products only. Best Coco in this Market for sure.

I will end this thread here, since this was a 99% failure, and I will continue the CD-IBL grow in another on the Rez forum.

Sorry for the downer people. errrr.
bowing out in shame, never have i ever failed on such a large scale. 1st time for everything.