What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~My First 400 watt grow~

MAD DAWG

When I chop mine I will let you know what the root mass was. I went from a solo cup right into a 5 gal pot. It was in the solo cup for about 3 weeks. I have no idea other than what already has been suggested smokinbuds. But if I read or see anything about it I will let you know. You all got me interested in taking a look at the root mass of this one when I chop.

About the scope, glad I could be of help to you. They are cheap but get the job done. They have plenty of magnification. If you get it, it takes 2 AAA batteries so make sure you get some of those if you don't already have any.

I'll be interested in watching your new grow. I would be pretty paranoid about starting more since others may know like you were talking about earlier. But of course, you know your situation a lot better than I do. I'm just sayin....

You have a good week too.

ToughGirl

Those spots on the leaves is blight. It's a type of fungus or virus, I assure you. I own a greenhouse and we deal with it all the time, although everyone on these forums always thinks its a deficiency. I'll bet if you check those leaves (before they get crispy), you'll notice the damage is on top of the leaf, and not on the underside. If that's the case, it's not a deficiency, it's a virus (which is common in bag seeds since it is usually carried from it's parents on a genetic level). It's too late into bloom to worry about it now, those leaves will dry up and you'll be able to just pull them out.

I spray my plants with an organic fungicide when they are in veg, maybe once or twice, then they are on their own when budding. Since I started doing that I've never seen that problem again. Fungicides are often overlooked on MJ forums, but when humidity it high and things are damp outside it poses a threat to all plants from tomatoes to cannabis.

I got high off my own supply!!!!

I got high off my own supply!!!!

ToughGirl- Thank you so much for the information. I`ve never seen such brittle leaves, today before I read your post I was in there again thinking WTF? I know leaves die off at this point but this is extreme. I dont ever want to go through this again. Lights are off now but tomorrow I`m going to see how the bottoms look...may be too late though as most are almost fried or gone (pretty bare plants) I will try the fungicide in veg next grow...can`t hurt! I really do appreciate you stopping in to help. :thank you:

barth- lets see...I started in little square pots, then moved to not much bigger pots lol (I used what I had in the house from my houseplants) I didnt like the pots they vegged in at all I think they were too small...another lesson I learned ;) although I did not have a root binding issue in those little things...so I dunno. Went from there into the 5 gallons which I dont think they needed, but could have possibly needed a lot earlier? I think I should`ve went bigger sooner...
so...yeah. What you did sounds like what I should`ve done, and will in the future. Like I said before, made a lot of mistakes in veg and wasnt as caring as I know I should`ve been. I do like your transplanting schedule, sounds about right!

Mad Dawg- cant wait to see those roots...how much longer you got? Oh I am still rather paranoid, The good thing is those who know know its about done, and will be under the impression I no longer grow. I am still erring on the side of caution though...havent started them beans yet! Might wait a couple weeks, at least if I have a grow when I move I am moving right upstairs, so not far for them to travel and no prying eyes. ;)

And a little smoke report... :D That little 4 banger didnt yeild much but damn is she good! Be a week tomorrow drying, today it was nice enough to smoke and I got absolutely baked (hard for me to really get "high" anymore so I`m thrilled when it happens) I still cant believe I grew it, and it was great. What a feeling to smoke your first harvest. I wasnt seeing much frost, but my scissors and fingers were gooey like crazy...taste could improve but by no means bad or hay-like. I am so freaking happy. and stoned. LOL

Thanks to you all for stopping in!

Just an update at the end of this, my first succesful 400 watt grow!

I went for the chop, smell was overwhelming and I am too damn paranoid right now to chance anything... I am guessing an ounce per plant when dry and I am very happy with that considering the issues I have had. I do want hit 2 per plant next time though!!!

I feel lost without them! Feeling the empty nest syndrome over here! I got the tent down, everything is done til I move... I do think that is my safest bet. Now I am going to spend some time watching all your grows out there, planning my new room and reading lots more. Oh, and smoking my own bud!

btw... The root balls on the 3 girls were very large...not like the FIM`d plant at all. Need to get new camera before the next grow, my ex-partner took his back so I am camera-less for final shots :(

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with tips or compliments, and I am looking so forward to sharing the next adventure with you all. :) :thank you:

barth

Good going ~smokinbuds~! Sounds like you are a smart woman not continuing to grow until you move. Must have been hard to do but is def in your best interest. I have enjoyed watching this grow.