What's new

Installing RO machine

bought a purewaterclub.com 150gpd ro machine. this damn thing has the worst instructions EVER! i tried but i just ended up breaking the saddle bracket for the drain hose. now i looked around and of course HD and Lowes don't carry anything like that.

my main question is this.....

on the input line should i turn the water off prior to using the self tapping saddle? no big deal i planned on it but also i wanted to know if i should be drilling the hole after i use the self tapping saddle? the instructions i have say to and it seems like it would make the damn self tapping piece completely pointless.

Molson

I'm not familiar with RO units, but if you look around the net on reef aquarium web sites you might be able to find some instructions.

Alternatively you could call an aquarium fish shop and ask them. Don't call PetSmart/PetCo, it's unlikely anyone there has set one up.

Good luck.

I thought the self tapping saddle made it's own hole. The type that I've used before for furnace humdifier simply clamped on the pipe and then made a hole when turned, this then fed the tube to the float valve in the humidifier. I don't know what your water source is like but I used to run some commercial units and they last much longer when the source was softened water as opposed to hard water.

Jake

Latest posts

Latest posts