What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite Strains: Legal Edition

So what are everyones favorite varieties of crops? Be specific in their type and why you like them. I feel I can only judge a few things since I haven't grown too many varieties of anything.

Anyway, I've grown many types of basil, and my favorite out of all of them is purpe ruffles, because it has a deeper, slightly unique but not wierd flavor compared to sweet or genovese basil. Also, it has a darker purple than the bland tasting dark opal. Side note on basil: waxy green types like sweet and genovese have the highest levels of essential oils, but purple varieties like purple ruffles and dark opal have higher antioxidants. Don't really know what that means, but I remember it from somewhere. I even like to chew on cinnamon basil and camphor/african blue basil, despite them not being intended for food.

I'd like to grow fuji apples, as they are my favorite apple due to their consistently dense, juicy, and sweet flesh, but I heard you need two apple trees. Anyone know of any dense and juicy self fertile apples? I saw one somewhere I think by itself and while it had hard juicy apples like I like, they were 1/3 the size of supermarket apples.

Last edited:

OrganicMeds

I love growing Chilli's, the HOTTER the better ;)

All herbs & spices also veggies & fruits, shit I love growing everything from Fungi to Cacti & lots of our native plants & tree's here in Australia.

Anything ethno related is a bonus :)

Latest posts

Latest posts