What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other stinky plants.

pugnacious

Im doing some research on other stinky plants that might possibly mask the smell of marijuana incase of a leak or issue. Id like to plant these outdoors on the property.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
My pops always planted Marigolds and Chrysanthemums around the garden perimeter as organic insect control. I don't know if they worked for bugs but they sure had an odor. Take a whiff before your buy, I'd hate to recommend something even stinkier in the house than mj.

scented geraniums. easily grown and propagated. the plant it self smells, not the flowers. there are many scents/strains, but the ones i've got is are lemon and strawberry geraniums - very strong especially if there is a breeze or something to rustle the leaves.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Allium Tuberosum or 'garlic chives', are really stinky. They smell a bit like old time skunkweed, and easily overpower cannabis if there's a patch of them.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
i dont know of many (if any) other plants that i can smell from 50-75ft away on a nice sunny day in october when harvest is comin up....im sure theres some, but around here outside at that time of the year the only thing still goin strong is cannabis.

at night, Solanaceae plants (Tobacco, datura, brugmansia) can become exceptionally fragrant (they are mostly moth pollinated, so at night they open up and become fragrant), but thats mostly at night

Latest posts

Latest posts