What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Hella THC

i really love that paper clip rig shot holding the plant down ,just like me ..always a string shortage when u need some
:laughing: :yeahthats You should name this strain either "OG Paperclip" or "Office Depot" :2cents:

Seriously though man, it's looking real nice in your garden. Lots of dense foliage and tight nodes :yes:

I've been subscribed since page one, and I'll be here to see 'em finish :joint: Keep up the good work!

- Hella

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
veddy nice update bro...like the walk thru on the readjusting too...you always do give the tutorials real nice...thatnks for takin the time homie.
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Wow guys I totally missed my own thread here. Sorry about that, I was too busy cruisin the IC or something.

Dr.Dog
NO way, it can't be true, Dr. Dog changed his avatar. Get outta here. Nah I like it though, and thanks for the kind words about the update. Yah the crinkle recovered very well this time just as it did last time. You'd think though that after the first time it happened I would have been more inclined to keep the ppm's down until enough root structure had formed but I think I was just in a hurry to get things rolling. I will for sure not do it again though.

HellaTHC
You know I do have to still name this strain. Nothing that I've come up with for it has sounded very good to me. So maybe I will call it something to that effect. Because as it stands now its called Grapefruit x Godberry. If you or anybody has ideas for a name I'm game.

T
Thanks my man I just like to explain things sometimes. I really like the "real nice" part. Made me laugh a little.

L~B
Thanks for coming by, stop by anytime. I enjoy lurking in your thread by the way. It all looks real nice.

No pictures today folks.

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lmao bro o.k then~~~ you make some bad ass tutes yo...better? :D
see when i talk regular you mf's think im bein funny hehehe...i swear ...stop usin slang for 1 sec . and my homies are all over me for it :muahaha:
peace fucker.-T-

Mr.Bill

Nah, it's not like that. I just heard the voice in my head and it kinda had that country accent, you know, You do them tutorials Reeeaalll Nice. Not giving you no shit. Well maybe just a dab.

Later Fucker. ;)

Mr.Bill

So I was rifling through some of my flash drives when I came across this picture that I had manipulated oh, who knows when but I thought it looked cool so I'll share it with you. I don't know what beans these were either.
picture.php

Now on a couple of these profile shots it looks like she has some powdery mildew. She doesn't. It's dust that my fans had blown on her when I first plugged them in. They have no covers and they had been run for a good couple years before being boxed up uncleaned where they stayed for many months. I just plugged em in and let em go. So ya. Not mildew. Also these pictures range from Last Tuesday through Thursday.
picture.php

Finally starting to cover the net pot lid.
picture.php

A little closer in profile. You can see where I wiped some off with my finger, thinking at one point it was PM. Once I cleaned my fans it stopped appearing. Go figure. They were freaking filthy by the way.
picture.php

The roots on Wednesday I believe. They are much more substantial now.
picture.php

Doing their thing.
picture.php

Up close to the base. I love how you can tell it's growing around the hydroton. I had move a bunch of the pellets to be able to see that it's just one plant under there.
picture.php

So now that the upper growth has become more substantial. I can remove all the undergrowth from her, She looks much better with all that growth removed from when she was transfered from soil to water. And I can get some air movement going on underneath her expanding canopy. Even though she only stands just under 6" tall.
picture.php

I've just been taking my time letting the root system develop enough to flip this girl and get me some fresh nugs. Sooooo I topped her again. Now there will be ten upper shoots. At this rate I might not even hook up the screen. Nahhh, I most likely will
picture.php

Well that's all I got for you today folks. The mom plant is still just doing her thing. Still bondaged up. The new bend in the main stalk has most certainly become wooden at this point. Had a mishap where temps hit 91. Fan came unplugged on accident. But a little heat wrinkle was the only result. Uh yeah. Now that's about all I got for you today. Till then.

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol i know bro i just had to jab back hehehe...
nice lookin roots homie.flip that fucker yo we wanna see them buds start jumpin off.
peace my brother.-T-

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Shutterbug

man the plant looks nice and healthy again...i realy should try should try hydro myself one time...but i'm just scared to switch lol.....nhow untill i got more headspace its out of the question.....
good work on the health of the girl.....props mate !

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Lookin excellent Bill...whats up with the PM??? Maybe because ur doin the 'dro?? IDK...anyhow, Ill talk to u soon bro, peace

- Z

Mr.Bill

RNDZL
First congrats on the POTM nomination, you really raise some beautiful plants. Thanks for tagging along.

T
You too man congrats on the POTM nomination. I would love to just flip her but I don't feel that the roots are developed enough to flip her just yet. I think the lagging roots are do the the already present plant growth up top when beginning the new root system. But soon my friend. Soon. My calender says FLIP THAT BITCH Dec. 1. And it's underlined, so if not before that then surely on that date. So that's what I'm looking at. I'm not sure how much roots should be present before flipping as the DWC thing is new to me, but to me, more roots, more buds and fuller buds at that. Though with the growth I have now A screen will be pointless, most likely just some tying down will occur to get the brances spread out a little and of course one more topping, probably around the 20th if not sooner.

Core
You should give it go bro. It's really quite easy. And you don't have to kill your back lugging dirt around all day. You and T both, even if it's just one plant to give it a go. I was skeptical at first, and hell, I still am to a point, but it's been really fun to see the roots daily, and if your growing big plants like I will be its much better than having to have big tubs full of dirt to grow em in. I mean you can't get 5 gallons of roots in a 5 gallon container of dirt. I'm flying blind doing the hydro so if I screw up that's that, end of my grow, so it keeps me nervous. I won't be fully convinced until I take her down.

stonedu
Hey stoned. Thanks for the kind words. I was just funning around with the momma, if she didn't make it I had rooted clones so it was just a plus one for me that she did. As for my godberry x grapefruit mom I never had a doubt, she just needed a little tlc.

khaleel
thanks man. It's much appreciated.

Zeus
No PM my brother, just dust from my dust filled fans getting stuck on the already sticky leaves.

-----------------------------------------------
Started noticing some micro defficiencies on some leaves, bumped up the ppm from 250 to 400 24 hrs ago so that should stop that in its tracks.

hazy

Veteran
veg it big.
Nothing grows like dwc. I did a small bucket once and the day of harvest I opened the door and every leaf was droopy. Got root rot, thank goodness only the last day.
Nice looking roots.

Mr.Bill

hazy- For sure man, vegging it big. See it's stuff like that right there that keeps me skeptical, I veg this girl 3 months, make her huge, half way through flower, bam she dies. OH man I think I just woke up from a nightmare.:yoinks: I stay pretty on top of her temps though, her rez never gets over 65*f. So fingers crossed.

L~B- I'm trying dude, I'm trying. This will be my first run in any type of hydro situation like I said before so, just barely hanging in there really. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for minnimal screw ups. As hydro is much less forgiving.

---------------------------------------

So this weekend I was working on my profile a little bit(check it out and tell me what you think if you get the chance or the motive to do so) It's not done but it's coming along. Anyway it got me going through my old thread checking for pics to use as my new setup doesn't exactly have many good pics to choose from aaaannnnd I remembered how I used to put funny pics up in my posts, so I went trolling the net and found me some good ones, and at least for a while before I get bored I think I'll start doing it again. And bam
picture.php

Funny right, riiiighhht.

On to the guts of it. First up is what it's looking like, got both the mom and flowerer in this first shot. The gf x gb mom plant has been showing more awesomeness. I've been keeping her about 2 1/2 ft from the lights to get her to stretch a little bit for training purposes. And you know what, she just won't get lanky for me, her nodes continue to stay just a few cm spaced. Crazy. I wonder how her stretch is going to be? Also the flowering grapefruit diesel plant just got some more underbrush removed.
picture.php

Yah I'm that serious about my molassis. ;) Here's the grapefruitdiesel a little closer. I left a few of the undergrowth shoots to see if they will stretch up to the canopy giving me more tops. Some have, some haven't, the ones that haven't will be dealt with later this week.
picture.php

And here she is from above again right after trimming. A little more thinned out and looking real clean.
picture.php

A few days and she's already filled right back in. After this last trimming she has really started to take off, I think it comes down to the canopy and the root mass starting to equal out. I mean she has pretty much doubled in size in the last 5-7 days or so. Sweeet.
picture.php

Speaking of roots heres this weeks root shot. I'll be honest it kinda sucks though, I didn't feather out the mass of roots for the pic so they are essentially all wadded and tangled up, but they are about as long as the little section that isn't all jammed up. The brown is just stain from the nutes.
picture.php

Thanks for stopping by. Till then.​

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good fom here bro,love them time shots of when she fills back out...keep that chit comin bruh.
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Long Time

Long Time

Wow what's up guys, it's been a minute. So much has happened. Well where to start. Hmmm. Let me think about it for a minute. Ok, bowl smoked and have thoroughly thought it out. So, first, had to get my move on again. Someone saw a little something that they shouldn't have. They didn't fully understand what it was that they saw, but before they put 4 and 20 together I scooted. Couldn't get hung up on some bullshit so close before I got my card.

Any so I pack everything up, got me a truck, loaded it up and moved, in one day and all by myself, even the cab. :tree: Unnnfortunately for me my new place was not ready, so I had to wait 6 days for it to be available. And for my bubble bucket plant this meant staying in a box in the truck in 35* weather for six days, with no bubbles. Yah its gonna be an ouch story, don't doubt it.

So that catches us up to the picture portion of todays post I'll keep on explaining along the way of course. :smokeit:

So I get in my new spot and the first shit I start setting up is of course my cab.:elf:

This is how I first set it up. This is how I first planned to set it up when I started making the cab. Too bad though that set up won't work like this. There is too much pressure creating a back flow out of the ceiling level intake. I switched it around with the 6" booster fan up there and still backflow. So until I get another Wind Tunnel fan this design is going to be on hold.
picture.php

So THIS is how its setup now.

I have a 6" booster fan sucking the air from the ceiling into a 6" to 4" sloped reducer. Then through to the Wind Tunnel
picture.php

From there it gets blown into the hood. On the other end of the hood is a 6" to 4" reducer with a 4" booster fan pulling the air from the hood around and pushing it around a bend.
picture.php

After the bend its a straight shot up to another 4" booster fan blowing out of the cab into the carbon filter. A couple of f.y.i.'s Not pictured is two 4" Worm Gear Clamps added to the picture below, one on the fan exit and one on the exit of the cab. Second f.y.i. the two 4" booster fans are wired together so only one plug.
picture.php

Looks something Like this.
picture.php

Then I added my last 6" clip on fan to cover the canopy.
picture.php

I need one more 6" clip on for the other side.
picture.php

I added the 10" high velocity fan to the floor to push the cooler air through the canopy and to mix the lower and upper air in the cab. And I added 4 x 42W cfls to add a bit of mixed spectrum to the scene. It all works very well this way. So much air moving around in there, and it's being exchanged so quickly that lights on temperature is only one degree above ambient.
picture.php

O.k. So that does it for setting it up part of these posts. I got two more posts yet to crank out. So hang in there.
:thanks: :eggnog:

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on bro was wonderin when you was gonna get back with us,glad ur ok and got out of there like a smart mf yo,no time to wait for mf to do their math,by time they catch up w the equation u long gone,good move.nice job to keep her alive in them conditions too man idk if i coulda done it,shit i doubt i could.cab looks good,plant looks like it handled the battle pretty good from what i can see.dud i gotta rethink my trim room plans,i need mad filtration in there while i do scissor work,any suggestions how to set it up proper?
ill be waitin for them next couple posts brother.peace-T-

Latest posts

Latest posts