What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Mr.Bill

Welcome one and all to my corner of the mag. Not my first go round here so some of you know me and some don't. To those who don't, what's up. To those who do, I missed you guys. It's been too long.

So what's going on here besides the ramblings of a most likely mad man. Well it's time to get up and running again. So I threw some beans and called back a couple cuts of some of my goodness. Sorry T. The red eyed bride has to wait for me to dial my new box in. I'll be damned if I waste em. :noway: I have a number of strains in seed form and access to all kinds of cuts but in the end I went with all me stuff.

The first budders of the group will be my Grapefruit Diesel(clones). But we will follow the progress of the beans that I havent named yet as they reach sexual maturity. For now we'll call them "Crack you in the face with a skillet", or "the beans" for short. I'll get more into the genetics and what not when I have more time for nonsensicle issues such as that.

So what's the deal you ask. OK well I'm rocking a 400w electronic ballast(for now) in a Super Sun 2 fixture. The space I'm workin with goes as such 3.5ft. W x 1.5ft. D x 4.16ft T. Giving me 21.84 cu. ft. and 5.25sq. ft. and 8,571.42 lumens per sq. ft. I have 600cfm total pushing through the box and the aid of a 6500 btu air conditioner, also I have a big fat filter to keep the stink out, or rather, keep it in. I will be using the scrog method. First run I will use two plants to cut down the veg time but from then on it will be a single plant box. I'm looking to pull some good weights from this box. And you get to see me build it. Well not actually see "me" but you know what I mean.

We will get into all that stuff later though but for now lets get to some show an tell shall we. Before anything can go into the box we need us some plant matter.

Book 1 Chapter 1 "Crack you in the face with a skillet" aka "The Beans"

Getting started 0hrs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

24hrs(all had tap roots)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

48hrs(4 of five out the ground, or cube if you will, one was kind of confused on which way was up)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The confused one
picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Bill

cont.

cont.

72hrs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the Cuts(Run 1)
picture.php

picture.php

Next time from the Bug... The equipment, The build, Plant progression... Stay tuned.

C

cellardweller

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
well allllllllllright Mr Bill is back on track!

YwouldntI

wattup my old friend,good to see you posting again.looking forward to seeing you jam pack this thread with them classic pics you always snap.
peace bro...

P

Peat

Hey Mr. Bill! :wave:

:crazy: I just asked somebody the other day if they were you!
...they were not...:redface:

Just wanted to say thanks for the avitar. :respect:
I've recieved alot of compliments about it over this past yr.

It's good to see you
& , its good to see you growing! :headbange

:lurk:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Looks great. Can you tell me how you popped your seeds? I see they went into a zip lock and wait 24hrs. What did you soak the towel in and what was the lighting condition for the 24hrs?

Then did you soak the RW and if so in what and for how long?

I've been growing off of the same strain and clone clone for years. I'd really like to have all my new seeds make it.

Peace :joint:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thx for the heads up mate !!
i'll be around Lurking :wave:...Tagged !

Mr.Bill

Hey thanks for the welcome back there CD, much appreciated.

What's up Y went back to the old name huh? Or is it just me coming back on the scene? Anyway thanks for the encouraging words my friend I will try my best to not let ya down.

Hey there Peat. I'm glad you liked the avatar, to be honest I'm just glad to see some get used. It's funny wandering around the threads seeing peeps with an avatar that I put out there. Makes me glad I spent the time on them.
And thanks it's good to be seen again not to mention getting my grow on, feels oh so good. Thanks again for stopping by, don't be a stranger.

I sure can tell you how I popped my beans. Well, firstly I put my beans on a paper towel. I mixed a single drop of sea kelp into my syringe of water(just made it easy to shake up is why I used it. But you dont have to use kelp and deffinately not the syringe. But I would try to make sure your water is pH balanced although not even that is completely necessary. Then get the paper towel mostly wet, not dripping but pretty wet, plop it into the baggy(to keep the moisture in mostly) plop into a warm dark place. And within 48 hours bam you got tap roots. I do recommend scuffing the beans even though I didn't do that this time. Another way you might try is to take a glass of water toss em in it until they sink then plop em in a cube or dirt or whatever medium you choose. I recommend scuffing the beans with this method as well.

Now as far as the cubes I rinsed them for maybe 30 seconds under running water, then soaked them for a minute or two in some water with a little lemon juice squeezed in it. I then squeezed out some of the water since they were so water logged and planted. I hope that helps ya Hydrosun and I too really hope all your new seeds make it as well. Let me know how it goes for you and what method you choose to use to germinate.

Core my man you made it. Glad you stopped by, lurk away, your always welcome here.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

~No updates~

hazy

Veteran
Hey hey SB. I'm looking forward to some great pics of the "Crack you in the face with a skillet". Also to any nonsensical issues you may talk about.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mr bill hows things mate :yes:
glad to c u rollin again

got my seat ready
:woohoo: :respect:

Mr.Bill

hazy - I'm hoping for some good pics to roll through here. I'm a little out of practice with the mj pics, but hopefully will get em fine tuned by the time it really counts. There should be some entertaining conversations before this thread is all said and done. Hope you join in...

m@rg - besides being crazy busy and it being crazy nice out things are going well... Well sort of.

YwouldntI - Thanks for the bump buddy. I know I been sluffin on the updates but I'll get there. :joint:

-------------------------------------------------------
Ok where to start... Ok well we will start with the bad stuff first.

So two of the babies tap roots were damaged as they came out of the cubes by rust deposits on the pan they were in. But they recovered quickly and have only fallen a few days behind where they should be so they should be ok.

I had to delete some pictures off the camera real fast the other day so there is a gap in the growth. But that's ok too because we all seen tons of little baby plants so really your not missing too much.

Now the really bad news is that the gutted entertainment center that I was going to use as my grow space(I'll put in a pic of it in the post), broke beyond repair before I could put the back on and give it the support it needed, so now the all the wood I bought, hinges, screws and what not are all going to waste... Not to mention the fact that I am now without a growbox... Worry not though, I have a way nicer cabinet on its way... But it didn't come cheap, I assure you. And it will still need some converting to make usable. So I'm falling farther behind...:mad:

Now for the good news. Both my clones are rooted. I kept one for a mother(already in its pot). And the other will be for my first grow(It's rooted but the roots haven't penetrated the cube yet). I still need to grab up some hydroton clay balls and my nutrients but I'm not stressin that as I can grab up what I need at any time, 20 minutes tops(yes, I am lazy, don't doubt it).

Well anybody feel like seeing some pics, or would you rather I continue to ramble on an on an on... Thought so.

A week before the new pics
picture.php

A few days ago

Planted mom
picture.php

Now this little one just stopped growing for a few days. I have no idea why, it just stalled out for a minute. So it's the farthest behind.
picture.php

These all came out quite indica in appearance. So we should have us some quick flowerers in the bunch.
picture.php

picture.php

See the damaged leaf tips from when the tap root was damaged.
picture.php

And here as well
picture.php

I just liked this pic
picture.php

The group
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Little fatty leaves.
picture.php

What they are currently vegging under(4 x 20w 5500k cfls, which will be upgraded in size as it is needed)
picture.php

The group again(overall status = healthy)
picture.php

picture.php

And lastly we have what I "WAS" going to use as my cabinet(mini veg cab included. Oh well, two tears in a bucket right...
picture.php

Well that's all I got for now folks. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave comments, questions, critiques. I accept all feedback. I'll do my best to update sooner than a week:noway: but no garuntees :nanana: later.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Looks like an interesting grow. What's up with that mutant in the last set of pics that is barely a seedling, but has a huge (and dying) fan leaf coming out of it? :laughing:

Mr.Bill

I got one cut with several nodes and split it in half. One to flower out without waiting for 6 weeks to just sex beans. The other one I used as a mother plant which is that "mutant" with the dying fan leaf. I just haven't removed the fan leaf because It still has a little life in it. It will fall off on it's own accord I'm sure. And yes, It is very small at the moment. But it won't be needed for quite some time, so it's just fine. The bigger and nicer of the two clones is much larger in comparison.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I got one cut with several nodes and split it in half. One to flower out without waiting for 6 weeks to just sex beans. The other one I used as a mother plant which is that "mutant" with the dying fan leaf. I just haven't removed the fan leaf because It still has a little life in it. It will fall off on it's own accord I'm sure. And yes, It is very small at the moment. But it won't be needed for quite some time, so it's just fine. The bigger and nicer of the two clones is much larger in comparison.

Makes sense now...just thought it looked kind of wild. Good stuff going on here, I'll be watching. :joint:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alright yo,nice update.too bad about the cab,but i know you have something up ur sleave thats gonna prolly be way better anyways...the little ones are lookin good to bad about the rust deposit but it no thang but a chicken wing hehehe you got it all under control just lke a playa should.as always some nice shot in there bro.
peace...

Mr.Bill

K.J - It does look out of place of sorts. Glad to have you along and glad to have you speak up and come along.
T - Yah, losing the cab really did suck but I am getting a nice oak cabinet roughly the same dimensions. It just doesn't have the veg area built into it. Just more splinters, bruises and work I guess. I do have a bunch of would lying around now, I'll probably just build me my own veggie box. Just more splinters, bruises and work I guess. Waste not want not right? And thanks for the positive comments about the pics. I'm feeling a bit rusty on the mj pics, so that makes me feel a little better.
Dr.D - Hey glad you made it my friend. Was wondering when you'd make it my way.

No new pics today. Sorry. Up tomorrow. Pics of what's going in the box.

Mr.Bill

Whats up folks. A little later than I hoped on the update but I'm getting there. **(edit)Ok so I got most of the shots. I forgot to get a couple of the shots for this post, the missing shots are the tools, a shot of the super sun 2 hood and the fire extinguisher. I'll throw them in this post on my next update. Sorry about that.(edit)**

Well I went to go grab my "new cabinet" but it was fucked up and looked like shit so I had to not get it... At this rate it might just be best to grab me a IKEA wardrobe and have em overnight it. I'll figure something out. I still have another week to get it figured out. I was gone for a couple days and almost killed my plants. Yes they still in their beer cans that I "borrowed" from the neighbors recycling. Ok I gotta jam soon so lets crank out this post...:yeahthats

6" net pot bucket lid
picture.php

5" bubble disc
picture.php

Air pump
picture.php

Fan... This thing is so quiet. Very nice... Very nice
picture.php

The stats
picture.php

Booster fans
picture.php

Power cords
picture.php

So I don't catch fire
picture.php

6 to 4 inch duct reducer
picture.php

4" duct
picture.php

400w digital ballast
picture.php

Timer(I have 5 timers and didnt feel like picturing them all so yeah)
picture.php

airstone(for when the cuts are little)
picture.php

My vegging nutes. Decided to go with the floranova. Just had to stay with the organic.
picture.php

The 24 hr bubble(Yes I know the water level is high)
picture.php

Closer
picture.php

Under the net pot
picture.php

2 hr bubble for pH balance after adding nutes... check
picture.php

hydroton
picture.php

soaking
picture.php

and finally my dying clone has a home to stretch her roots... finally
picture.php

and again... apparently with a much higher f-stop setting..
picture.php

Till then.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice brotha,you just showed me how to set up the bucket lid set i had bought like 2 years ago lol....now maybe someday my lazy stoner ass will get to messin with it.lookin forward to seein the results and the turn around she makes in the next few days.
peace-T-

Latest posts

Latest posts