What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
OK... went and took a pic... This is an Oriental Express that's been in flower for a couple of weeks... The bits of pearlite on top of the coco washed out of the promix that she was in before the coco transplant... All the younger palnts have spent their entire lives in coco... She doesn't look too big for her container yet, but well check back with her in a couple more weeks... she'll be a monster by then :D, the container is roughly 2 gallons...

G

nice bush!, looks like an awesome strain :D How long is the flowering on the OE?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
right around 8 weeks... She's fast for such a sativa, guess that's the trainwreck in her... another week or so stretching then those thai-like colas will start filling in...

peace h3ads , nice forum too. you should consider coco based nutes when using coco most major manufactures dont take into consideration that when first using coco it holds most of the p k as it gets older it releases p k . something like canna coco a b might be something to consider instead of the salty gh

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
100bucksaneigth said:
peace h3ads , nice forum too. you should consider coco based nutes when using coco most major manufactures dont take into consideration that when first using coco it holds most of the p k as it gets older it releases p k . something like canna coco a b might be something to consider instead of the salty gh
You didn't bother to read my post did you?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
If you read my post, and know that I'm not using coco specific nutes for a reason, then why advise me otherwise? No worries... Didn't start this thread seeking help, I can grow just fine... Thanks for the re-hashed advice I guess... I did already address the K issue and how I'm dealing with it...

Gen Hydro has been around a long time... good solid clean nutes that can be adapted to any medium... Alot of people are familiar and comfortably with the GH flora, and if you'll follow along here you'll see me adapt them to use in coco...

I started this thread to show how I'm doing my coco grow, Thanks for suggestions, but I've always liked to figure things out for myself...

jeez , all that or what , man i was just ralating a little 411 out to your neck of the woods i wasnt suggesting to change your whole game plan. i was just thinking g h and rockwool are so oldskool which is y i thought you made the switch (im guessing you use rockwool in the past) to the new skool . why do i even bother to explain myself my bad h3ad keep up the good work

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad, good to see you in coco! the lucas formula works great imo, im not all into npk numbers and stuff but i certainly appreciate you puttin the time into postin them for all the folks that do. i have been using the lucas formula for about two years with dwc at first then recently made the switch to coco. my plants have never been happier! gl and happy coco growing to you and the missus! :wave:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
100bucksaneigth said:
jeez , all that or what , man i was just ralating a little 411 out to your neck of the woods i wasnt suggesting to change your whole game plan. i was just thinking g h and rockwool are so oldskool which is y i thought you made the switch (im guessing you use rockwool in the past) to the new skool . why do i even bother to explain myself my bad h3ad keep up the good work
No worries... I thought you'd read my post... in the opening post of the thread I talk about switching over from pro-mix to coco, and modifying the nutrient solution I was already successful with to the new medium... That's why it seemed as though your suggestions would change my whole game plan, because they would...

No worries, I'm glad you explained yourself, Let me know that my purpose and methods weren't effectively communicated to you in my other posts...

Peace and Love, Man....

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
Couple more shots in the flower room...

Quite the forest in there. Looks like the coco is treating you good, that OE plant is quite the monster. take care, bartender187

G

Great plants there :D And I also have very good experiences with gh 3 part nutes, used them for several years before the switch to canna. And they can be adapted to just about any medium I found. Only reason I went canna is the ease of mixing two equal parts. Guess I´m lazy, but my plants looked just as good in coco with gh nutes. :kewlpics: for sure......

G

Moring Ms. G

WOW, that OE is just AWESOME. I don't think i've ever seen one so big in such a normal size container. Awesome job for sure. I guess you two got the OE dialed in about now, lolol. What a nice morning surprise for me. :) Is this plant about to be hit with some pollen soon? Sure does look like a nice yield from that one. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing and you take care.
Later,
BG

Latest posts

Latest posts