What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Always happens in week 5-6 in flower.

also its good to throw some info is better.

what meters? are the meters correct? what nutrient levels..ph levels and additives.... water frequencies and are there insects?

looking better than page one pics yet?

i flush bout 16 days before chop on taper down from potash and potassium and additives. 800-900 ppm max when flip to 12/12

When you say 800-900 ppm max when flip, is that preflip/veg?

I have blue lab meters(reading correctly). Using veg+bloom as a base, PH levels are in the 5.6-5.8 range when going out, a couple fungus gnats and I see a some spider mites here and there but nothing serious.

Calmag 3 Emzynes 5 Protekt 3 Vitamax 5 Bud Candy 7 Orca 0.5 Mommoth P 0.6 Snowstorm 1 Massive 1.5 MOAB 1 Yucca 1/4tsp/30gal Amino Acids 1tsp/30gal Humic Acid 1tsp/30gal Kelp 1/2tsp/30gal Phosphurous 1tsp/30gal Potassium 1.5tsp/30gal PH 5.8 EC 1600

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, blaring Ca deficiency. Don't apply Mg!!! You are also running out of P from all the K.

Hard, if not impossible to ever catch up from a Ca deficiency.

5.8 seems low to me for flower, in veg that's fine but I like to drift up to 6-6.2 that far into flower but I'm in coco not RW so could be different :thinking:

Dirt Bag

I have this same exact problem (in growstone). If it were a calcium deficiency, why does it only develop at week 5 or 6? We use RO, GH Flora, and Botanicare Calmag Plus. I did get less of this by increasing the number of flood cycles, but it is still happening. I am convinced it's a deficiency, but don't know how to remedy it. GH Flora doesn't really allow for adjustment of individual nutrients and I assume they're complete when used appropriately. Would really like to find a solution.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
How did this turn out I get the same issue in my hempys just curious. Peace!
I posted it before, but things tend to get buried if not enough attention is brought to them.

The reason every type of grow can have this problem is because we're all growing cannabis. Once cannabis stops physically growing flowers larger, the plant switches to oil production. At this point, the nutrient needs of the plant slow down dramatically.

Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator plant. One of the things these fancy words mean is the plant looks 'ok' when it's absorbing and packing away high levels of excess nutrient. At week 5-6 when most strains switch to mainly oil production, a heavily overfed plant will suddenly crisp up with nutrient burn.

You'll rarely see this happen with plants which are a light to medium green before this point in flower. You'll see it often with plants which are a dark green before the general 5-6 week point.

:tiphat:

Streft

I posted it before, but things tend to get buried if not enough attention is brought to them.

The reason every type of grow can have this problem is because we're all growing cannabis. Once cannabis stops physically growing flowers larger, the plant switches to oil production. At this point, the nutrient needs of the plant slow down dramatically.

Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator plant. One of the things these fancy words mean is the plant looks 'ok' when it's absorbing and packing away high levels of excess nutrient. At week 5-6 when most strains switch to mainly oil production, a heavily overfed plant will suddenly crisp up with nutrient burn.

You'll rarely see this happen with plants which are a light to medium green before this point in flower. You'll see it often with plants which are a dark green before the general 5-6 week point.

:tiphat:

Thank you.
I've spent hours trying to figure this out by searching forums and Google and led on this wild goose chase of what defecienty it is. What u said makes total sence and it always bums me out I get to this stage everything seems perfect then boom crispy plants I was abt to give up on growing. Thank u

Douglas.Curtis

Always happy to help. :D

The more balanced the nutrient is for cannabis, and you combine it with a full and natural pH swing in the root zone, the less nutrition you can use and still maintain rapid growth. ;) Less really is more with cannabis. :D

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I never go over 700 ppms using General Hydroponics, ( Flora Series) with Grodan blocks, and thats counting Cal-mag too! I have no problems all the way till finish. HOWEVER I never use plain ro water without nutrient solution through the whole grow, until the last 2weeks.

Dirt Bag

I never go over 700 ppms using General Hydroponics, ( Flora Series) with Grodan blocks, and thats counting Cal-mag too! I have no problems all the way till finish. HOWEVER I never use plain ro water without nutrient solution through the whole grow, until the last 2weeks.

What ratios do you use? I really think we're over feeding at:
ml/gal type
5 micro
2 grow
7.5 bloom
2.5 liquid Kool bloom
2 Calmag plus
picture.php

picture.php

We experience this problem across all strains in varying degrees at about the same time.
We use RO and CO2 with strict climate control. All other environmental factors can be considered ideal.
I was convinced it was longterm light burn and raised the lights to no avail (other than taller plants).
I increased the number of flood cycles (from 4/day to every other hour) and growth increased exponentially but this issue remains.
Any advise is greatly appreciated ya'll.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I use GH Flora as well, at the ratio of 1:2 Micro:Bloom. The ml depends on what the plants want for the environment, all the way up to 8:16 at max. Dark green is never your friend during flower, most strains produce clean cannabis with a medium green, others are genetically a very light green.

The rest is minimal

1ml Floralicious+ (dropped to .5ml after week 4)
1ml Pro-Tekt
.5g/g Epsom (only when I first mix my flowering res and I don't change it out till 5 days before harvest)

The key point is when you see the transpiration rate dropping a lot in one day. That's when you know you need to dilute what you have going. :)

(mites? wtf? that's not mites, it's classic overfeeding)

Dirt Bag

I use GH Flora as well, at the ratio of 1:2 Micro:Bloom. The ml depends on what the plants want for the environment, all the way up to 8:16 at max. Dark green is never your friend during flower, most strains produce clean cannabis with a medium green, others are genetically a very light green.

The rest is minimal

1ml Floralicious+ (dropped to .5ml after week 4)
1ml Pro-Tekt
.5g/g Epsom (only when I first mix my flowering res and I don't change it out till 5 days before harvest)

The key point is when you see the transpiration rate dropping a lot in one day. That's when you know you need to dilute what you have going. :)

(mites? wtf? that's not mites, it's classic overfeeding)

Thanks. Wait, you don't change out your reservoir nutes until 5 days before harvest? One batch beginning to end?!