What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Things that just ain't right!

iTarzan

His contempt for objective truth is the rejection of democratic accountability, an implicit demand that his supporters place undying faith in him. Because the only measure of truth he accepts is what he claims at any given moment, the power his supporters vest in him is unlimited. Sound familiar?
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.
In the United States, under our Constitution, a free press is a check on politicians of all parties. If we are to demand that other countries respect the tradition of a free press we must also practice that here at home.
Let the people know the facts, and the country will be safe.

People who endlessly cry when things don't go like they wanted.

People who throw the game board all over the room when they lose.

People who take their ball and run home because they aren't winning the game.

People who cheat but instead of saying sorry they cheated they complain that somebody pointed out they were cheating.

Woman who complain they are treated like sex objects while they are wearing an outfit with their tits hanging out.

Far left and far right.

Here is another one for me...

People who don't realize that independent, democrat and republican politicians are all lying, greedy scum and just drone on and on about one side or one person.

M

moose eater

Compressed partial bales of Pro-Mix that weren't properly resealed, and left open in lower humidity, so that when you try to break them apart, it's almost like grinding sand stone...Put -THAT- in a 4-cup measuring cup!!!!!:moon:

The bank processing charges to your card in about an hour, but taking 3 days to process a refund. how's that work, again??:moon:

The utility company setting their interrupt fuses tightly enough that they don't trip properly a lot of the time, allowing the power to strobe for a millisecond about every 30-40 seconds, over and over, each time the transformer interrupt/fuse ALMOST (but not quite) blows to the off position; an experience for sensitive electronics devices akin to a 4-point stretching rack combined with a bed of nails.:moon:

UNCOOL!!!! And probably related to the loss of two digital timers the other day. Then it tripped my refrigerator GFCI reset today...

But their recording when you call in the trouble ticket tells you "Our right-of-way clearing project is in full swing.." but you KNOW damned well that they haven't properly maintained their right-of-ways EVER... and the repeated outages are proof.. But they pay the board members of this 'co-op' over $600 each, just to show up for a local meeting!!:moon:

wasgedn

Here is another one for me...

People who don't realize that independent, democrat and republican politicians are all lying, greedy scum and just drone on and on about one side or one person.
all compromised by elite scum....

check
docu
THE KILLING$ OF TONY BLAIR
its on the open...or this read...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983669/The-insatiable-greed-Blair-Inc.html

------------------------
not from uk but anyways its everywhere the same......but surely we have no money for any socials and culture...
many people in 1st world doesn't even kno what real food is anymore...unbelievable but true...
eating chem industry rubber sugar and this finished meals...you cant eat that sht, but some people only kno this as food....

wasgedn

i had plagron lightmix on first grow....such poor stuff when i remember back...
yep its lightmix ..anyway a poor substrat....

M

moose eater

Last I checked, Alaska's population was some place between 720,000 and 770,000. Bound to drop some as the State heads down the tube further and further, in light of the economic down-turns currently in the grist.

I can't recall whether the latest license plates still have, "The Last Frontier" emblazoned on them or not.. Things I've lost touch with, simply by not noticing what was, versus what is.

But I read the local Fairbanks newspaper on-line yesterday and today.... (newsminer.com)

Talk about things that aren't right!!

Guy with mental health issues and a serious meth history kills his 59-year-old mother, stabbing her, then decapitating her, and when the cops get there, he tells them he's "the father of the universe," and his "mother was a werewolf" and he "had to do it." Some poor bastard had to find -that-, and will probably spend the next 20 years trying to make the images go away.

Another older woman gets into a fight at a low-rent down-town hotel, and gets stabbed, later dying. Thus far they're seeking witnesses. Someone apparently heard enough to call it in, but not interested enough to check to see who was doing what to who?

A guy down in the Mat-Su area drives off the road, and when he gets out of his vehicle, slips, lodging some part of his body under the vehicle, and apparently spends enough time under there to sustain frostbite (in a much warmer climate than mine) requiring medical attention. How many people drove by and didn't stop to check the vehicle for injured folks?

An older fellow in Fairbanks somehow gets his head stuck between his shower and the framing of a multi-family dwelling, and spends 3 days (!!!) there, without food (he had bottled water nearby, apparently) occasionally banging on the walls for the neighbors next door to hopefully hear and respond. They apparently either didn't hear him, or didn't care to respond.. The fire dept had to cut through the exterior of the building to get him out through the exterior studs, as removing him the same way he went in "was taking too long."

Our species is slippin' folks. I think reading the newspaper might lead to drug use.. In fact, I'm -certain- of it..

wasgedn

they have people get separated from each other ...everyone is in his box watching tv or stuff...

M

moose eater

Knowing a person's freezer is empty, offering them good, recently frozen meat to help them get by, and they ask, "What kind?" as though they're not sure they want it..

Reply: "The kind you eat when you're broke, hungry, and your freezer's empty.. and someone offers you good food... THAT kind.."

Waiting for that same person to make good on numerous promises, but the only items they typically remember to bring in their preparations for tasks are the ones that further their -own- immediate objectives...

And you STILL offer them the meat, because it's the right thing to do, though now you (mostly quietly) shake your head a lot in occasional disbelief... And you already know that addressing it any further will bring nothing productive to the issue..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
When I was a kid, and my Mum cooked a meal for all of us kids and put it on the table, we ate it happy to have our tummy's full, we didn't question what it was and whether or not we liked it or not because it was always nutritious food, and we were hungry.

These days kids get waaay too much choice, which I believe leads to bad nutrition and eating disorders. Why does a kid need to be asked 'do you like this?....or do you like that?' Its food, and they need to eat to be able to grow.

The same goes for myself. I always get asked 'Do you like this?....or do you like that!' blah - blah - blah!...Godammit!, If I'm hungry I'll eat almost anything! Food is needed.

M

moose eater

When I was a kid, and my Mum cooked a meal for all of us kids and put it on the table, we ate it happy to have our tummy's full, we didn't question what it was and whether or not we liked it or not because it was always nutritious food, and we were hungry.

These days kids get waaay too much choice, which I believe leads to bad nutrition and eating disorders. Why does a kid need to be asked 'do you like this?....or do you like that?' Its food, and they need to eat to be able to grow.

The same goes for myself. I always get asked 'Do you like this?....or do you like that!' blah - blah - blah!...Godammit!, If I'm hungry I'll eat almost anything! Food is needed.

There were times when I was younger that my mother and siblings lived on very little extra resources. My mother came from a long line (hundreds of years) of farming folks in the mid-west, and she would prepare a lot of home-made grub. Some of it incredible, and some not so much.

Beef liver fried with onions was a particularly brutal experience when we were youngsters, and the saving grace was that we were permitted to bathe it in catsup/ketchup. There were times there was a sea of ketchup or steak sauce over the liver, but it got eaten.

Years later, I came to appreciate decent beef liver, provided it was cooked properly.

There's times I'm a snob for fish, weed, etc., but when I'm out of what ever it is being offered, and I'm in need, the proper reply is, "Yes please. Thank you." :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There were times when I was younger that my mother and siblings lived on very little extra resources. My mother came from a long line (hundreds of years) of farming folks in the mid-west, and she would prepare a lot of home-made grub. Some of it incredible, and some not so much.

Beef liver fried with onions was a particularly brutal experience when we were youngsters, and the saving grace was that we were permitted to bathe it in catsup/ketchup. There were times there was a sea of ketchup or steak sauce over the liver, but it got eaten.

Years later, I came to appreciate decent beef liver, provided it was cooked properly.

There's times I'm a snob for fish, weed, etc., but when I'm out of what ever it is being offered, and I'm in need, the proper reply is, "Yes please. Thank you." :)

Funny....I always loved liver and onions, even if the liver was tough, there just never seemed to be enough of it with all my ravenous siblings around the table with me. We were grateful for whatever was thrown on the table for us, and the faster you ate, the more food you would get, till it was all gone....I never, ever saw food being thrown away in my Mothers house....

wasgedn

twitter
732 of Australia's largest companies paid zero tax in the 2015/16 financial year. While companies ExxonMobil and Glencore pay no tax, they've been attacking workers' rights, pay and conditions. This is a national disgrace. #auspol #ausunions
picture.php

its all a joke and the masses are to dumb in the meantime...and i am a nuts conspiracy guy...

wasgedn

people would have to go on the streets like in GDR back in the day with zero violence...
people did tear down the wall and eastblock this way...
nowadays it looks utopic with all that hippster children...

wasgedn

in EU people did vote for not using glyphosphat....agriculture minister did give a fck and let it pass and did get a lot of money...100% illegal..but the law stands now...
now they doing new petitions ...people dont kno they give a fuck...

St. Phatty

Rocketman64

What do you think is common place or at least tolerated and shouldn't be? I am all for freedom as much as the next guy but think in some cases things aren't permitted that should be and vice versa.

I should be able to look at and enjoy whatever I want. I think prostitution should be legal as well as milder versions like you being able to go to places to get cheap erotic thrills (but not like lap dances where it only works one way) for a fee and be able to do whatever you want there that is non-violent. Overall, the lass laws the better. Pursuit of happiness in all forms as long as it is not violent or overtly threatening.

I do however agree with laws that seek to limit distracted driving like too much obstructions on/near windows and such. Along that line of thinking, I think flags belong on or near houses, on private property or government land. Somewhere stationary in other words.

What is with all these big noisy trucks with 2 huge flags as long as the bed of the truck waving in the wind or a thousand smaller ones? The Civil war is long over, and flags from both sides are symbols of oppression to me and I should not have to see these aggressive displays of arrogant dopey hillbillieshness everywhere I go! And when I am looking elsewhere and these trucks catch me by surprise, I have almost gone off the road on a few occastions. This is a driving hazzard and distraction for both the driver and passing vehicles and should not be allowed because a Dump supporter Clletus Billy Bop Heehaw kickenbooper wants to rub it in.

This has to be one of the most racist paragraphs I've read in a long time. Crap like this wouldn't be tolerated for one second if things along this line were said about African Americans in this country. I shouldn't have to see half the shit I see on a daily basis but I don't go around spouting this kind of hate and intolerance. I'm not sure why you get all upset about people driving around with flags on their trucks, sounds like you have no tolerance for anybody that behaves any different than you. Go take a look in the mirror. I'm betting there's plenty of people that don't like the way you look or act but they tolerate you anyway. RACIST PIG

Borderliner

This has to be one of the most racist paragraphs I've read in a long time. Crap like this wouldn't be tolerated for one second if things along this line were said about African Americans in this country. I shouldn't have to see half the shit I see on a daily basis but I don't go around spouting this kind of hate and intolerance. I'm not sure why you get all upset about people driving around with flags on their trucks, sounds like you have no tolerance for anybody that behaves any different than you. Go take a look in the mirror. I'm betting there's plenty of people that don't like the way you look or act but they tolerate you anyway. RACIST PIG

reread post several times and not getting the where you get racist pig. racist is a word so overused it means next to nothing now from what can tell

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
reread post several times and not getting the where you get racist pig. racist is a word so overused it means next to nothing now from what can tell

I concour.

However,
I also see how rocketman can subconsciously insert images that aren't implied and coming to his conclusion.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Why do Americans break their population up into racial categories, based on what continent they might have come from hundreds of years ago? Are they not all just 'Americans?' because they come from America?... Why the need for stating they are African - Americans?, or Asian - Americans?. and why not 'European - Americans?' when they are white folks?

It's usually pretty darn obvious where most racial groups might have originated from in the first place, just by looking at someones face, so why the distinction?

I just don't think that all these named divisions help unity in the slightest.