What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seed Bank Thread?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far still only nanners on the one plant and they were no big deal. Very tricky under buds though. I think the hermi fear even on the cherry pie stuff and ogkb stuff is not bad really from my experience. These plants were horribly abused for 2 months due to grow room building issues. Everything that could have happened bad to them did and probably several times. Plants turned out gorgeous despite 90+ temps at time, almost dying from underwater several times, and terribly root bound at all stages. Veg was the worse abuse I have ever done to plants lol. Still got insane female numbers on 12 different packs of stuff. All only gave me like 4-6 males...was sort of blown away by this and then had serious over crowding issues as a result. Worst grow I have ever done as far as plant health in 15 years but knowing how much damage weed can take and exactly what all the problems were and how to fix them helped.

My Valley Girls are starting to fill out and I have one keeper plant with the rest being pretty nice. Can't wait to run all these with no forced abuse due to pos contractors :p Had an electrician set me back a month and an AC tech that fucked up the split install and left me with no AC for 3 weeks.

Over all happy with my purchases and the end product.

oti$

As far as herm issues, I've grown 20+ pie face phenos over the last couple years and just this week experienced my first hermaphrodite. I've had some of the worst grows in the past year with very high temps to severe pest infestation to severe low temps and even bad light leaks without a late flower nanner until this week's full blown she-male in a grow with near perfect parameters. I've grown a lot of seeds from a lot of breeders and this is probably only the 2nd true hermie that I've had. Statistically, and in relation to other's experiences, I feel like I should have gotten more over the years. Maybe I'm lucky, but I think more often than not it's grower error that brings these about.... alongside these last few pie faces im currently growing some ojsdkb which, if I'm not mistaken, pretty much ended franchise seeds due to a shit ton of herm issues, so we'll see if my lucky streak continues.

calisun

5 kirkwood seeds, got 2 males and 3 females. One female had nanners. All three females produced some great bud. All pheno's were pretty simular in smell and taste. Two lanky ones and one short one with bigger buds but the structure of the lanky ones were better and yielded more.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As far as herm issues, I've grown 20+ pie face phenos over the last couple years and just this week experienced my first hermaphrodite. I've had some of the worst grows in the past year with very high temps to severe pest infestation to severe low temps and even bad light leaks without a late flower nanner until this week's full blown she-male in a grow with near perfect parameters. I've grown a lot of seeds from a lot of breeders and this is probably only the 2nd true hermie that I've had. Statistically, and in relation to other's experiences, I feel like I should have gotten more over the years. Maybe I'm lucky, but I think more often than not it's grower error that brings these about.... alongside these last few pie faces im currently growing some ojsdkb which, if I'm not mistaken, pretty much ended franchise seeds due to a shit ton of herm issues, so we'll see if my lucky streak continues.

After putting my plants through absolute hell for 3 months I agree now. I got insane female ratios (best in thousands of seeds popped) on every seed lot this run and 2 minor herms out of a ton of archive cookie crosses. Every plant should have had intersex issues with the environment they were subjected too if they were a bad lot.

Scrappy-doo

The Docta himself said there is some hermie tendencies in the dosidos f2's. Didn't say anything about the hybrids.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I heard the same thing about the F2's. I have no bothered with the straight Dosidos line at all as my interest tends to be away from OGKB phenos with only a little influence.

Scrappy-doo

I had only one ogkb pheno in the pack. That one oddly enough didn't show any herm tendencies at all. All but one are drying now. Some dank plants in there for sure. F3 hunt is gonna be fun.

I

Ignignokt

OGKB BX1 had some viable male flowers on most, but usually low down and squished between the flower and branch.... i had one that was a little more prolific with the bananas though.

Some beautiful plants but if you REALLY despise any male flowers, these aren't for you.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
anyone run the Holy Roller gear.....?
I've done a pack:4 males, 7 females, 1 herma... Big yeld, easy togrow(no too nuts!) and complex terpene profile... 3 types of smell:haze a bit balsamic but classic haze like nl5 haze, amnesia or ssh.. No frankincense... Sweet/cookie(the low yelder..) and the my keeper putrid halytosis:really strong smell of dead/shit, but no when burn and taste very good.
65days of flo the cookie, 70 halytosis, 75/80 haze

whoreable

chop chop tonight, day 60 give or take a few.

the top colas could go a few more days and so could the bottom but I already see a ton of Red trichomes and worry about them loosing potency...

i will post some photos if i can grab some decent ones

Darpa

Does anybody got issues with germination rate of Archive seeds from Attitude SB. My germination rate on the Sweeties ((White x Tahoe OG) x Cookies) x Face Off BX1)) is pretty bad (about 50%). At $321.60 for 12 seeds it's kinda disappointing. I usually have a germination rate over 99% from 4 years olds seeds I made and that I kept in a control environment... Is anybody have similar issues with Archive or from Attitude? Is there some kind of garantee from the SB or the breeder when such situation happen?

whoreable

Day 3 after cutting, 3 days ago I threw one small popcorn sublet into a bathroom dresser after accidentally trimming it off the main stalk.

I touched it and it was firm as a rock! :woohoo: so I tossed it in my bowl and smoked it. It was actually pretty tasty, very marshmellow/medical soap dank flavor,I know this will improve when fully cured and dried but good signs :tiphat:

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Does anybody got issues with germination rate of Archive seeds from Attitude SB. My germination rate on the Sweeties ((White x Tahoe OG) x Cookies) x Face Off BX1)) is pretty bad (about 50%). At $321.60 for 12 seeds it's kinda disappointing. I usually have a germination rate over 99% from 4 years olds seeds I made and that I kept in a control environment... Is anybody have similar issues with Archive or from Attitude? Is there some kind of garantee from the SB or the breeder when such situation happen?
I've germinated stink bomb, holy roller and sour face from attitude, all 3 100%germ rate.