What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Scrappy-doo

Thanks Greengrassgrow yeah and she smells awesome too! This is my second run with her and I'm real impressed with how much more the terpines came out on the clone run compared to seed run. Definitely has a nice sweet blueberry smell and I know she's nice and potent too. Little too floppy for my taste but nice yielding and frosty.

This is my last run with her though, gotta make room for all the new stuff coming in. I made a bunch of F2's for the future. The blue lotus is a nice line. There's a lot more blueberry smelling plants than dj's current stock which is odd because I think the same mother was used.

Looks like I'm gonna be able to bring my other garden into this thread so there's some good stuff on the way.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Blue Lotus are pretty plants though. I see that leaf shape combined with the coloration - and I can see the influence of DJ blue genes in that mix...

The leaves have "this" look to them...you know...that look...

picture.php

(Carolina Blue)

That's a strong tell for me when looking for good genes within the DJ lines...

The DJ Blueberry Club cut credit to, 420247: (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4850635&postcount=34)

picture.php

You start to see a pattern in what to look for. But anyway - it's kind of cool how you can clearly see the blueberry coming through that particular pheno of the Blue Lotus - even the coloration suggest blueberry...hahaha.

Pretty plants..even if you aren't keeping them? :respect:

dank.Frank

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice BlueLotus Scrappy and thread too, ive enjoyed checking it out over time

No where near the blueberry experience Frank has but i wanted to second the observations about the bb genes showing. The leaf tell tale trait and coloring have appeared in most bb plants and crosses ive run. This blue cheese i ran is a good example like above
picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Larrydog is for sure a winner! Got to smoke some of the Larrydog and she is great smoke! She is also really pretty in the bag as well and nice pungent chemmy smell. Props Gwb for making the cross and selecting that girl and scrap on the grow! Loved it!

Scrappy-doo

Thanks everyone. Sorry no updates lately, I visited a friend to grab some fresh cuts and left my camera there. I tried to take some pics with my phone camera of ecsd and GG4 before harvest but they were pretty grainy. Got my camera back now so I should be able to get some pics up soon. There's a forum cookies I'm getting ready to take down in a few days.

Scrappy-doo

Girl Scout Cookies - Forum Cut- 70 days:

Not sure why the leaves got all crinkled, whether it was lack of food in her soil mix, warm temps during lights on, or just that she had a nice long flush, but the rest of her still looks pretty :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Four8205

Those nugs look dense as fuck. Can't wait til after harvest! Really appreciate full plant shots, too many 'select nug' shots out there.

Scrappy-doo

Yeah she has super dense nugs that weigh out very well. I expect about a zip or maybe a little more from her. She's in a 1 and a half gallon container.

Scrappy-doo

This is a plant I got from a friend that was supposed to be a killer plant I found from seed a few years ago, but there must have been a mix-up. This is definitely not her. She actually smells just like one of the plants I found around the same time from a pack of chrome mixed seeds and culled. Smells like a blueberry hybrid. I'll be killing all clones of her. She's ok enough, but seems average.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man -your GSC looks PROPER. Seems like she just finished herself off. Nothing wrong with those leaves looking that way. I PREFER to have some leaves basically falling off like that at harvest. Then I know there isn't much left in the way of excess in the flowers...

:respect:

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Thanks Dank Frank! Good to know it's not looking like something I did wrong. Usually I don't see leaves twisting like that in a flush so I wasn't sure. I'm more used to them just turning yellow like my last pics above.

I have a question for ya though... any tips on how I can help expedite the fading process? I have some girls in my other garden that are having the opposite problem. They're in late flower and not fading very much. I have them in 5 gallon containers and there's probably still plenty food in there. Not used to growing in containers that large, guess I might need a lighter mix next time. I'll get some pics up of them later tonight. They look great, but it seems I'm gonna have to delay harvest till I can find a way to starve them for a while.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just quit watering them...

Roots need water to live. If the roots die - it forces the plant to seek nutrition for it's reserves...ie the foliage...effectively achieving the same end goal as "flushing"

I always quit watering completely about 4-5 days before chop...as you can't really "flush" an organic soil.

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Well, bad news. The stealth garden had to get shut down a few weeks ago. Building failed inspection and everyone got evicted. So, I moved everything to the other garden which was about to be rebuilt bigger and better, but now there's a new problem. The new spot just lost half of it's power. Electric company came last night to see if it's a problem on their end. Apparently it's not, so they need to come in and check the main breaker which means the landlord needs to be called tounlock it. Then they are gonna come into the apartment to check every outlet.

So, now I have to clear out the new apartment. Fuck fuck fuck. Got nowhere to stash my girls. This place is way out of my neck of the woods in a big city.

If I were smart I would kill everything and clear it all out. But I can't lose everything. Got a lot riding on this. So, what Im gonna do is rent a uhaul, cut everything close to done, and load up the truck with the rest. All gonna have to be done in the middle of the night. Gonna get a power pack, connect an ozone generator to it, park the uhaul on the side of the road, and keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly.

I'll clean everything up and take out the trash tonight, get the truck tomorrow, load up tomorrow night, call landlord and power company tuesday morning.

Risky, and stupid. Hopefully it pays off. No risk, no reward. Wish me luck. See yas on the other side.

Latest posts

Latest posts