What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC4 - Call for Entries, Reviews and Letters

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
It's been a long, long time since the International Cannagraphic released a magazine. Our previous magazine editions were released in 2004 and 2005. Now it is time for the rebirth of an all-new International Cannagraphic eMagazine - IC3!

Subscribers will get the first look at materials from our amazing photographers, journalists and writers when IC3 is released very soon. We are polishing the code, proofreading the pages, triple-checking our facts and making sure that this will be the best new beginning possible for our eMagazine.

At this time we would welcome any letters to the editor about the Cannagraphic, and the world of cannabis. Writers and photographers looking for someplace to show off their best work will find IC3 a great place to get recognized among other cannabis lovers for their creative genius. Artists, poets and videographers with an eye for the world of cannabis are also welcome to submit material. If it doesn't make it in time for IC3, then we can make room in IC4 and beyond!

Now is the time to stand up and remind everyone of the gains and advances made in the last decade, and move onwards towards a better understanding of the many benefits of this plant.

Please contact me via personal message here at ICMag if you have something you would like to share with our viewers!

I am looking forward to seeing your comments and creating many more editions on a regular basis into the future.

Happy Growing,
~Payaso

Skip

Veteran
We are also accepting product reviews. So if you know of a great product, have used it yourself, and like writing about it, you can write a review of it for the mag. Please include at least one good photo of the product (more would be nice).

Payaso

Veteran
Not printed, an eMag that can be read on your computer, tablet, pad...it works great with touch screens.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a topic I'd like to write about... when is the deadline to make IC3?

woolybear

Veteran
Regarding product review photos - would hi-quality pictures from the vendor work? As opposed to shooting our own pictures.

thanks

Payaso

Veteran
Howdy all!

To answer your questions...

~Infinitesimal
I have a topic I'd like to write about... when is the deadline to make IC3?
- If you miss IC3 then it can go in IC4 or another... we would like to offer this eMag on a regular basis with fresh material every time!

~Wish Doctor - You'll see it soon!

~woolybear - vendor photos are usually great we just credit them so everyone knows who shot the photo - and the vendors like to present their wares in their own way.

See y'all soon :)

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I like what I'm reading and really need to get on my horse and do a write up on these cookies already. I've been waiting though because I have a photographer friend that's coming over to document my work and I wanted to coordinate with her so I could give you both at once Pay.

I really REALLY like the idea of reviews. I recently tested a product from Aptus called Fasilitor that's possibly the most expensive additive available in the US. I got it for stretch control as it's not a PGR, but it didn't work at when you're double dosing a product that that's msrp is 677 a liter then I think people deserve to know. On the flip side the Fasilitor is an amazing product for almost everything beside stretch control.

BTW Payaso is there any chance I could get and IC Poet tag? As you know I'm an incredible cunning linguist who's not too shabby at cunniligus, just a taste...dunduntiss.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
say P....
what about a article each month to focus solely on a private breeder....
one of the next up and comings....
seedbay specializes in these prvt breeders....
we should have a article each issue....from a new one
whether written by the breeder...
or gathered by a reporter...focusing on these articles...via pm's and conversation w/ "said" breeder of the month....
would highlight our new breeders and send some LUV to seedbay via the attention

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was wondering if the size limits on the photos could be bumped up a bit for the emag. I find that by the time I reduce/crop/fumble my way down to an acceptable size, much has been lost. I know that many of my peers here don't seem to have that problem, but I haven't figured out how the hell they are doing it yet!

Skip

Veteran
I was wondering if the size limits on the photos could be bumped up a bit for the emag. I find that by the time I reduce/crop/fumble my way down to an acceptable size, much has been lost. I know that many of my peers here don't seem to have that problem, but I haven't figured out how the hell they are doing it yet!
If you're resizing images to be included in the eMag, make sure they're at 96 dpi, as that is the default resolution we are using now for it. This way the shots won't lose any resolution in the final output.

BTW, this thread is for the NEXT ISSUE, I guess we're gonna call it IC4, since IC3 is pretty much in the can as I write this.

We're hoping to release it by Monday, if not sooner!

This will be the first IC Mag designed for e-book format to be read on tablets as well as computers. It is touch-screen compatible, in standard .pdf format, although we will probably provide the e-pub format too for those who need it.

Last edited:

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Skip

Would you prefer that 'products' be limited to a commercial one or would you also be interested in a process, i.e. using Comfrey extracts?

Just curious as usual

CC

Skip

Veteran
You can submit any kind of article for the mag of interest to icmag's audience.

What would you use Comfrey extract for? Does it relate to cannabis?

WishDoctor

yes comfrey is cannabis related for soil and outdoor growers, it's used in fertz, compost, stabilizing soil, and mulch.
We use the leaf extensively in our gardens to amend and condition our soils, make compost, mulch.

Skip

Veteran
Skip

Would you prefer that 'products' be limited to a commercial one or would you also be interested in a process, i.e. using Comfrey extracts?

Just curious as usual

CC

yes comfrey is cannabis related for soil and outdoor growers, it's used in fertz, compost, stabilizing soil, and mulch.
We use the leaf extensively in our gardens to amend and condition our soils, make compost, mulch.

Well I guess CC means to show how to process comfrey into fertilizer. If you have some special process, let's see it... :)