What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro Q&A

Iamnumber

Hi,

I have a technical question and made an executive decision to start a Q&A thread here - hope its cool.

Product - old mars hydro 300w full spectrum grow light. 3 fan version.

Looking from bottom, I can see that leds look like they are firmly attached to a BOARD of some sort.

From top I can see the aluminium PROFILE.

Q1: How are the board and profile attached to each other? What would be the best option to remove the profile / how/ instructions/pointers?

The product is bit too noisy for my taste. improoving cooling will also extend the mean time between failures (I have single burn out led in 2 units I have used) I will at very least exchange the fans. If possible - I might exchange the aluminium profile too.

Q2: If I remove the old profile - I guess heatconducting paste would be the recommended solution to attach new profile. Can you advice me on cheaper, nearly as good option? Would applying moderate& constant downward force to profile be doomed to fail for some reason?

Thank you in advance for time taken and answers/pointers given! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts