What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gelato -- name vs number

F

Frylock

(S-1) and feminising is the same thing lad... if youre assuming the practice of stressing a plant to make seeds is fems than that is a bad breeding practice as the progeny will carry the same behaviours.... now when you take two female plants either the same or of different strain and use whatever concoction to cause the female plant to reverse is sex by producing male flowers to breed to another female is INDEED a reversal program which is the more professional approach and is an (S-1) which stands for selfed/selfing by reversing the hormones of female hormones to male thus getting an androecious looking plant rather than your gynoecious plant... thats how properly made "feminised" as some call it but others call S1s... have a good day and never shun knowledge when taught blessed. Be

Feminized DOES NOT necessarily equal an S1 'lad'....

If you reverse sex of one cultivar and take that pollen from that to pollinate a different cultivar it is not an S1 but it is feminized.

:ying:

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran

If you reverse sex of one cultivar and take that pollen from that to pollinate a different cultivar it is not an S1 but it is feminized.

Right! S1 (first generation selfed) need male and female flowers from the same plant.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

:laughing::laughing::laughing: whatever floats your uneducated boats.... you can take a horse to the river but not make him drink... SMH

F

Frylock

Ok homie, i think the joke's on you though 'grandmaster' :biglaugh:

You should take your own advice....

Hookahhead

As others have stated... s1 or "self generation 1", is when a plant fertilizes itself or another plant of the same cultivar. This can be from throwing male flowers from stress, or intentionally reversing the plant. It's like masturbation, but you still got pregnant.

On the other hand, feminized seeds are created by reversing a female of one cultivar, and fertilizing a different cultivar. In both instances you will get all feminized seeds, however they do not equate to the same thing genetically.

Hookahhead

You're still wrong, whether you want to believe it or not...

S1 means selfed, as in same cultivar for the male and female. The genetics all derive from one specific plant.

Reversing a female is a cross, so genetics from 2 different parents. This functions the same as a F1, just with only feminized seeds. I believe I have seen this designated as R1 before, to designate that it's the result of a reversal. Normally it's just written as Strain A x Strain B Feminized.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You're still wrong, whether you want to believe it or not...

S1 means selfed, as in same cultivar for the male and female. The genetics all derive from one specific plant.

Reversing a female is a cross, so genetics from 2 different parents. This functions the same as a F1, just with only feminized seeds. I believe I have seen this designated as R1 before, to designate that it's the result of a reversal. Normally it's just written as Strain A x Strain B Feminized.

Ok maybe i was wrong on a aspect of the s1 system

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I resolved my wrong on spewing anymore. Just gonna let the thread go back to the way it should NO DRAMA peace

F

Frylock

I resolved my wrong on spewing anymore. Just gonna let the thread go back to the way it should NO DRAMA peace

I'm no master of genetics but what you were rejecting was pretty common 'level 1' kind of knowledge....

But noooo, you thought you were pretty clever didn't you? :covereyes:

Have a good day :ying: :huggg:

M

_mr.hendrix__

giphy.gif

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 - Gelato47 ie Mochi x Sour D Bx2 seeds soaking from Karma Genetics. We'll see what's in the mix. :joint:

dank.Frank

TheDarkStorm

I think burner an co labeled over 100 different gelato phenos which is usefull as a breeding tool..but how you can make ppl believe thers that much variation in a single line god knows..sounds like very clever marketing a way to sell evry different seed from a single line at multiple places at different prices making ppl believe that evry single seed is a completely different plant or smoke to the next.

howardsunny

I do not know the names of gelatos but I think you can also take a look for this information at such sources as AskGrowers and Wikileaf. I think you can find the required information.

stashpot

the main releases
i find it funny after 2 or 3 years all of a sudden cookie fam found other elite pheno's or at least released them with new naming and meaning i.e guava , mochi bla bla
33 and 41 thats the elite ones the rest just probably fucking s1's
haha naming them what they want like they are strains of their own.

Just like anything all they care about is few $.

Hopefull Stoner

what's bad about that in ur view. what type of stone did u experience. i know this is old but it takes tons of time to recon all the things i want info on to make decisions. thx

mexweed

Veteran
I've had the 33, good flavor can taste the sherbert, potent blissful euphoria but gained tolerance pretty quick

Last edited: