What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kidney stones suck

R

Rab.C

i have been in hospital twice with kidney stone's and the suck big time
my stones passed after 4500 shock waves from Lithotripsy when she presses
that button your in it for the ride lol

troutman

Seed Whore
Had one a while back and didn't have a clue what they were.
Felt like somebody hit me with a baseball bat in the back.
Went to hospital and eventually it came out.
I think cranberries and their juice helps with them.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
If you want real pain: Gall Stones- it's like a railroad spike going though your back; coming out your chest.

I can't watch alien movies anymore: flashbacks :tiphat:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being ill in general sucks and kidneys suck extra.

Be well, shalom

X

xavier7995

this too shall pass.:cry:

Lol

Good luck. I first got one when i was 18 or so, scared the crap out of me as i didnt know what the hell was going on so went to the ER. I got them kind of regularly for several years until i completely cut out soda and tried to drink more water. Some were much worse than others. A guy i knew got them around the same time but he was hospitalized and had to get surgery as his was some monster golf ball sized thing .

Spent a year or two where it would feel kind of like peeing out some sand as my body passed them. There were a bunch just floating around in there but they slowly broke up and went on their way.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have never had them, but my father did a few times, and my mother thought he was dying, the pain was so bad. Maybe drinking too much beer flushes them out of me, or diet.

R

Rab.C

I Had a few visits and nights in hospital before i got the lithotripsy.
my doc gave me Pethidine too keep at home if the pain got worse
one night i had too take 5. and it was still the worst pain ever.

Green Squall

Being a gout sufferer, I fear kidney stones are in my future. The sleeping giant will eventually be awoken. In the meantime, I take 1000mg of tart cherry extract daily. Its supposed to stop urates from forming in the body.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I truly feel sorry for anyone with kidney stones. I have suffered sporadically for 25 years. I have never passed one, I just manufacture them. 3 x lithotrypsy. Hundreds of Oxis. And then I had one tested. It seems that a benign tumor on one of my parathyroid glands was creating an over-production of calcium which created the stones. Since I had it cut out, I have stopped producing them. I still have 2 small stones in one kidney & one in the other but now they just act like a weather barometer that tells me when we are having a big atmospheric change . . .

So get one tested!

T

Teddybrae

Fukn hope you don't find a cancer on your kidney when they go CT scanning ... hoping to find where the fukn stone had got too.

My doc gave me this far out anaesthetic for the pain and agitation. Which is only fair because I give him heaps of dope.

Lost a kidney. The other one began to work better. Still alive as you see ...

Aw fuckit ... I 'm logging off now ...