What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R

• Thread starter GanjaLandscaper
  • Start date

Amynamous

If i were in your shoes, i would call the Mass dept of medical mj, and ask to speak with someone. Ask that question. Be sure to get the name of the person you speak with. Report the response to your landlord.

Also, in many states, the owner/landlord is required to give 24 hours notice to the tenant before entering the property. I would ask your landlord to respect this law, and provide notice before showing the property. That way, you could at least be home for the showing.

thailer

i have a friend going through this right now but his landlord has made him remove his garden. the landlord gave him enough notice to time the harvest with the sale of the house. maybe you can ask if he could not show the attic until you have moved already. did he promise to sell to someone who is interested in continuing your lease? you might want to ask about the laws about permission to grow on his property because even though people might not have the right to enter, he may have the right to shut it down.

mowood3479

Veteran
I’d let em in.
It’s fine. If ur landlord has okayed it just give him a key n make sure the lights are off

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's fine...

Have the realtor and prospective buyers take a shower and put on the tyvek suits naked like you do. Nobody goes in without taking care of bugs first.

;)

troutman

Seed Whore
Well for one thing you're legal so that's a major relief.

I think prospective buyers have a right to view the entire property as part as full disclosure,etc.

Maybe tell them all a bullshit story:

Ask them if they are legal to be around Cannabis. If they say no. Then tell
them it's probably illegal for them to be in the presence of your plants. :biggrin:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to say it man but you need pull the plug imo. Inspectors will want all in it as well as buyers and insurers.

Holmost

I lived in a condo in Singapore a couple of years ago. It was a long-term lease. When I was just about to conclude a rental deal, I immediately discussed all the conditions with the landlord. I said that while I rented an apartment, no one can enter it, because at the time of the lease it is my private property. I was convinced that everything will be that way, because Singaporeans respect the personal space very much. By the way in this condo One Pearl Bank Showflat/ also lived my friend, who could sit in the apartment for 4-5 days, was so busy with work. He ordered just food delivery and periodic cleaning. Several times the landlord just called him and asked if everything was ok with him, but not a word about coming and checking the apartment. Just a phone call and that's all.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
If it's just a couple of tents I wouldn't worry they are not going to look inside them, if they ask what they are just tell them they are portable wardrobes.

Stardog

I'm in Massachusetts as well and so far I've had an appraiser, the cable guy, and the well guy all come through either my cellar veg or everywhere as the appraiser did. Much to my surprise, I had no issues. I do have a med card but I was still concerned. The cable guy even had to squeeze behind my tent to see the main connection to the house.
The appraiser did ask me"off the record" if I ever sold any of the weed and I just told him that my wife would hit me with a shovel if I ever did such a thing. We all know that there's no such thing as "off the record" anyway. Still, you don't want to look like a major production facility. Aside from people from here I never let anyone near my grows, legal or not.

indagroove

Veteran
You're gonna have to show all spaces in the house, but you don't have to let them look in your tents (dresser drawers, etc..).

EcoNepenthe

My 2cents

My 2cents

Recently, I called my insurer in Boston to ask about their home inspection policy and my cannabis grow. After a couple of minutes on hold....I was told...no problem. How do you spell relief...PHEW! So now my level of paranoia is much, much lower. Still there, though. Not a fool.
But were I a renter/legit grower, I'd keep on, keeping on, but look to a possible new location. Start making tentative plans...cuz, ya never know. If new owners are cool...cool, if not, back to that backup plan if ya need it.
Ya got a tough call to make. I wish you well.
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:
Eco

Last edited:

Green Squall

I asked my dad about this since he's been a real estate appraiser in Massachusetts for the better part of his life. Basically, he said he's not a code enforcer and he's just there to do his job and get out. Each time has been in apartments and the landlord was always aware and fine with the grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts