What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

Kree73

420giveaway
True mate, although at the moment the summer is dealing with the heat side of things.
Next round I’ll have to use the whole tent (or I’ll run out of medicine) and this size led wont cover 1sqm , so I’ll probably end up combining it with the 400w.
If I had the cash, I’d get another led to run alongside instead... but I gave up my paying job to be full time carer for my little girl (well worth it, and the best career move I ever made) so I’ll probably work with what I’ve got.... and that will clear up any low-heat issues :tiphat:

Indeed a bundle o joy worth a bundle o love , I got some insulation i could come and insulate your walls and sort out something for the floor. We could knit a big scarf and a wooly hat for the shed :laughing:

Let's get it in the pipeline before winter . Make it as warm as poss . Don't forget the . Timer switch and fan heater combination . See if we can make a combination temp control thingy for you . :tiphat:

psyphish

Veteran
My mars hydro ts-1000 arrived to me lookn like hulk hogan gave it leg drop... I hadta bend back the outer edges of heatsink. Also my light looks the same as yours except my light dont say mars hydro in middle of board like yours does.. Hoping mine isnt sum knock off version. I contacted mars to tell them i had a hour of manual labor to do cause of damage that occurred to my light. The light works fine but didnt enjoy shaping my light back to how it should of been from get go.. I wood of thought that mars wood of refunded at least half of my cost considering i hadta wait 3 weeks for light that was damaged and now see that others had etching in middle of board...? Hell heres a example of a company that values its customers... Trc electric sells drivers to power my hlg quantums. I bought 2 drivers for 100 bucks. I got my packages from them and same thing as mars, one driver had a big dent in the outer casing..? I emailed tbem to let em know bout the dent.. Without asking me they replied back saying that they refunded my 100 bucks just to keep the drivers.. Both drivers worked fine just 1 looked like Mark McGuire took batting practice it.. But trc will b my go to electrical company for life cause they showd concern bout me and my order.. Mars got back to me a week later and said that they wood make sure to add extra styrafoam to their orders from then on....? Didnt ask if i wanted new one or even a partial refund?? The light is dam good and i like it but definitely makes me leary to place another order with tbem because of how they handled my first problem.. Then to see now that my light has no etching in middle of board makes me think it was sum generic version of the ts-1000? Sorry for long reply just little frustrated with them. Thx buddy good luck:

When you try to save money by buying chinese knock off lights, you can't expect the quality of the product / customer service to be the same. If you want real Quantum Boards just get the HLGs, Mars isn't doing anything new, they're just trying to ride the Quantum Board wave.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Couple of snaps... nothing that interesting yet until the buds show themselves I’m afraid.
We have lil white hairs appearing though, so it shouldn’t be too long.
The plants are stretching now too, so I’ll move the light up again tomorrow.
The branches aren’t bothered by being close to it, I can stick my hand right underneath without the heat being uncomfortable- but I got to try and keep the footprint as flat to the edges as possible.
Day 12 flower:

picture.php
picture.php

Kree73

420giveaway
Couple of snaps... nothing that interesting yet until the buds show themselves I’m afraid.
The branches aren’t bothered by being close to it, I can stick my hand right underneath without the heat being uncomfortable- but I got to try and keep the footprint as flat to the edges as possible.
Day 12 flower:

View Image View Image

Gonna be some hairy girls , I reckon they will be twinkling like diamonds in the sky by time they're finished :woohoo:

When you try to save money by buying chinese knock off lights, you can't expect the quality of the product / customer service to be the same. If you want real Quantum Boards just get the HLGs, Mars isn't doing anything new, they're just trying to ride the Quantum Board wave.
I agree to a certain point. I wasnt trying to save a buck by buying mars. I seen that the board was bigger than hlg's, it had mixed spectrum leds, it had 150 watts, and the added 660-665 nm reds is why i wanted to check the light out. It wasnt bout saving money. Im happy how it performs. Next grow wil b a side by side of, 2 hlg qb132's at 75watts each(150w) vs mars ts1000 (150w). Same strain , same everything. All tho hlg is more of known name, both lights came from same place in china.. So if u own hlg boards u bought cheap chinesse knock offs too my friend... Im not arguing any facts or being rude to u. I see what my plants look like under both lights. Both can grow good stuff but the plant under mars is more glitterd and stretched less when flippd. Its surprised me to c how good the mars is performing.. ...do u got pics of your hlg grow? I can send u sum of mine if u wanna see.. But nice to meet u too...

I agree to a certain point. I wasnt trying to save a buck by buying mars. I seen that the board was bigger than hlg's, it had mixed spectrum leds, it had 150 watts, and the added 660-665 nm reds is why i wanted to check the light out. It wasnt bout saving money. Im happy how it performs. Next grow wil b a side by side of, 2 hlg qb132's at 75watts each(150w) vs mars ts1000 (150w). Same strain , same everything. All tho hlg is more of known name, both lights came from same place in china.. So if u own hlg boards u bought cheap chinesse knock offs too my friend... Im not arguing any facts or being rude to u. I see what my plants look like under both lights. Both can grow good stuff but the plant under mars is more glitterd and stretched less when flippd. Its surprised me to c how good the mars is performing.. ...do u got pics of your hlg grow? I can send u sum of mine if u wanna see.. But nice to meet u too...

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
There is a Mars hydro discussion thread, which could save blocking up my test thread...

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
:good:Looking good fella

Cheers mate, she’s definitely nice and bright... shame it won’t replace a 600hps because the heat difference is huge.
One of my locations is running a 600, and heat is regularly an issue... ideally I’d buy another of these leds and bang em both in its place.
All the best mate :tiphat:

S

smixa

Day 12 flower:

View Image View Image

Great result! The experiment is progressing well :tiphat:

Kree73

420giveaway
Sorry, that was a reply to a troll quote.... everything else was cleaned up!

I certainly hope so, they are smelling pretty good already :tiphat:

Oh I see . Let's hope the trolls stay under the bridge . Smelling good I am glad to hear :dance013:

Ruby_Abu

Day 12 flower:

View Image View Image

It looks pretty well. How do you think about the TS1000? Was my reflector 192 out of date? :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
It looks pretty well. How do you think about the TS1000? Was my reflector 192 out of date? :tiphat:

Thank you :tiphat:
It’s hard to say.... seems very bright in 1/2 sqm space, I guess I’ll know more when the buds appear :biggrin:

GGNo2

Cheers mate, she’s definitely nice and bright... shame it won’t replace a 600hps because the heat difference is huge.
One of my locations is running a 600, and heat is regularly an issue... ideally I’d buy another of these leds and bang em both in its place.
All the best mate :tiphat:

I get you, if the temperature is 20c outside then my 6 x 600w is hitting 30c in the tent. That's with 10inch extraction and 8 inch intake bringing in outside air. Luckily I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from crop so I should avoid the real heat of summer fingers crossed.

I'm only looking to grow 2 plants in a small tent after this so I'm hoping this kit you're testing does great for you because it would be ideal in the corner of my bedroom. :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I get you, if the temperature is 20c outside then my 6 x 600w is hitting 30c in the tent. That's with 10inch extraction and 8 inch intake bringing in outside air. Luckily I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from crop so I should avoid the real heat of summer fingers crossed.

I'm only looking to grow 2 plants in a small tent after this so I'm hoping this kit you're testing does great for you because it would be ideal in the corner of my bedroom. :tiphat:

I expect it will handle a 2 plant tent perfectly mate, but I suppose we’ll see with the bud development.
Have you tried desk fans flat on their arse on the floor of the room? It pushes all that cool air from the bottom and the heat up to the top ... I nicked the idea from the vertical growers, seems to help loads

There is a Mars hydro discussion thread, which could save blocking up my test thread...

Oh ok im so sorry to block up your all so important test thread... Its funny that your the only one that can talk bout your mars ts1000...? What kind of discussion or thread is this anyways if not bout mars ? A thread is just that... A discussion... Why start it if ur gonna bitch bout others with same light u got free and are testing? Was sharing my info with u to help u out... Only difference is, i bought mine and im not gonna get my pantys in knot if another grower with more experience with the same light ur testing, is trying to help. Once again sorry 4 trying to let u no that its a pretty decent light regardless of what others say that dont own one. A grower can own the best light on market or that money can buy, but if the grower dont no wtf theyre doing, how much help is that light ?Now i wont block up your important thread any longer.. Was just trying 2 help until ur disrespectful post