What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow On: 30 Years of Sensi Seeds!

Skip

Veteran
Congratulations to Sensi Seeds and Ben Dronkers on their 30th Anniversary!

Sensi Seeds, one of the oldest seedbanks still in existence is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a special exhibition, "Grow On: 30 Years of Sensi Seeds!" in their Hash Marihuana Cáñamo & Hemp Museum in Barcelona.

Founded in 1985 by Ben Dronkers, Sensi Seeds became the largest cannabis genetic seed bank in the world, enabling recreational and medicinal growers alike to get access to the highest quality of cannabis genetics.

From the late seventies until the mid-eighties, Dutch philanthropist Ben Dronkers traveled the world, seeking out the best cannabis seed varieties. Focusing on regions famous for their ancient cannabis traditions, Dronkers established an extensive collection of Indica and Sativa seeds which was to be the starting point for Sensi Seeds. Together with friends, he initiated cross-breeding projects combining the genes of different cultivars to develop new, now legendary, cannabis hybrids.

Through large collages, unique items from the Sensi Seeds archive and the museum collection, this special exhibit will narrate the story of a company that has been at the pinnacle of the global cannabis world for decades.

The exhibition will run from Oct 9th thru May 1st, 2016.

Sensi Seeds is also a longstanding vendor at ICMag.com

Organisation: Hash Marihuana Cáñamo & Hemp Museum of Barcelona
Address: Palau Mornau’s ground floor. Carrer Ample, 35. Barcelona
Dates: Friday, 9th October 2015 to Sunday, 1st May 2016
Exhibit hours: 10.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.
Entrance: free admission to the temporary exhibition; please check our entrance prices to visit the permanent exhibition.

Click here for more info.

picture.php

Last edited:
R

Robrites

Old ones do it best
We whisper to the ladies
Feel the need for seed

Congrats.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
imagine how cool it would be if they pulled out some 30 yr old genetics to celebrate...lol :D

nabzter

Big fan of sensi seeds myself as beans supplied by them have never failed me. Well done sensi !!!

purple_man

Veteran
dang man!

is it really 30 years since them boys raped neville and the castle???

would love if they could restore the germination and keeper rate per pack, they had in the early 90s ...

still big ups for still releasing regular seed stock AND offering the good old strains...

blessss

Glad they still exist - wish their inventory was less stale. They are like an old rock band - their old riffs aren't what they used to be and their new riffs aren't as good as the young guys do it. Much respect for old lines like NL#5/Haze. Truly legendary.

B

Baked Alaskan

Back in the 90's I grew nl#5 from Sensei Seeds. All very uniform, short, and potent. The thing I remember most was the resin heads were golden and fell off very easy, great for dry sift. All the best and thank you to Sensei Seeds!

Maybe the best.... many growers saying shit things about them without even growing their seeds...

Happy that they don't care and go on offering their classic dutch strains....

Advice to all GG4 shit growers: Go buy yourself a 10 pack of Super Sunk and enjoy the confusion level that it provides... you will be not able to speak in a normal way afer a blunt of SS.

That's the thing i like in dutch people in general: They just dont't care of new hypes, they just look for quality and once they find it they continue to provide it for decades.

cheers Sensi :tiphat:

Python thrust i agree except for the Super Skunk part, substitute that with their Skunk#1...

Id advise this younger generation to check the pedigree on their favorite new generation seeds before knocking Sensi Seeds cause your likely to find out Sensi is somewhere back in the line and probably responsible for all the things you like best about your new strain.

In all of my experiences with Sensi Seeds ( and ive had many..)the common thing has been consistency their seeds are so uniform they come out almost like clones....

Stonehedge out!:tiphat:

Aota1

I'm working with a newer farm here in Oregon and their rep told me they hired one of Sensi Seeds top geneticists and moved him here to oregon. I haven't seen much yet but he says they have a lot of interesting varieties in store.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I've been a fan of Ben and his crew for decades. Spent many happy hours in the Sensi coffeeshop and the museum in the Dam. Glad to know he has a museum in Barcelona also.

Last edited:

Happy Times

I'm working with a newer farm here in Oregon and their rep told me they hired one of Sensi Seeds top geneticists and moved him here to oregon. I haven't seen much yet but he says they have a lot of interesting varieties in store.

How’d it pan out? Man Sensi was nice back in the day

jayd

I've been a fan of Ben and his crew for decades. Spent many happy hours in the Sensi coffeeshop and the museum in the Dam. Glad to know he has a museum in Barcelona also.
early 90s the sensi coffeeshop in dam and rotterdam was the best places around. used to love it in them , big menus and quality products.

TheDarkStorm

I believe its 35 years ther celebrating this year....the 30 year celebration was 5 years ago.
Congratulations on 35 years.