What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Greenhouse

FreedomGrower

Veteran
not mine but a nice one in cali

Attachments

• greenhouse.jpg
    greenhouse.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25

Abzon

My 8x8 Greenhouse

My 8x8 Greenhouse

I had some clones that I was just trying to keep alive with some overdriven Fls. Decided to try a clear roof on my old shed and was going to replace the sides with clear twinwall poly sheeting.
Went to Lowes to look for some and they were replacing their's
:woohoo:So I got 6 sheets 6x22 feet . :woohoo: FREE Double what I needed to finish. It is faded but that just makes it less transparent so a big plus for security.
Just pulled out the old sides slid in the new looks like they came that way.
I still need to set it all up one the roofline.
Pictures are on my profile

Updates to come

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I had some clones that I was just trying to keep alive with some overdriven Fls. Decided to try a clear roof on my old shed and was going to replace the sides with clear twinwall poly sheeting.
Went to Lowes to look for some and they were replacing their's
:woohoo:So I got 6 sheets 6x22 feet . :woohoo: FREE Double what I needed to finish. It is faded but that just makes it less transparent so a big plus for security.
Just pulled out the old sides slid in the new looks like they came that way.
I still need to set it all up one the roofline.
Pictures are on my profile

Updates to come

Good Find; And the price was right too.:)

Abzon

Finally Done

Finally Done

Okay I took out the clear panel and replaced it with the free polycarbonate added a fan I got from a central air unit combined with a plug in thermostat controller. Cycles on and off at 85*
I also added a drip/mist watering system.

The girls love it, grew a foot in a week.

2 Legal Co

Veteran

If it came out like you planned. Pleas do some more detailed pics. ,,, it looks like the one I'm about to play with. :laughing:

Is there going to be enough light inside? with the corrugated panels?

Abzon

There is plenty of light in fact too much I had to put sun screening over part of it and add more vents. The only problem I have is early flowering, I turned off the supplimental lighting too early. I turned them back on but who knows I esttimate that they are over 7' tall being supercropped twice and are showing no signs of slowing down.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
By the way, how is the shed orientated?

I was wondering if those panels would let in enough light? But I've heard that the 'pigments' can be deceptive, when it comes to light transmission.

I ended up with polycarb panels, but they are the cheaper ones... single layer formed, instead of corrugated. Ended up getting them at Lowe's, as Homey Depot turned their lumber section into 'nursery' storage area. Couldn't even get to the rack. Say nothing about getting materials out. Just weird.

Cookiepie

Yes 2'' all the way around an 3/4'' down the 3 sides for stability and if you can see i used industrial velcro for the sides so i can "roll" them up

Abzon

I had a couple problems
HEAT even with the fans on 90º+ inside on a 80º day. It's 110 today so back to the design board.
Before the heat girls got so big I had to transplant them into the ground outside. Now they are happy to be in the sun.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I had a couple problems
HEAT even with the fans on 90º+ inside on a 80º day. It's 110 today so back to the design board.
Before the heat girls got so big I had to transplant them into the ground outside. Now they are happy to be in the sun.

They do absorb the heat, that's for sure.

I've had to install a small evaporative cooler in mine to keep the temps down and the humidity up.

It's to be expected I suppose.... the sun is one big assed light. lol

Not complaining mind you. My electric bill for this quarter was just under $85.00. I'm good with free lumens, just have to figure out how to use them efficiently.... and get rid of the heat. lol

Abzon

I dont think my electric bill has been $85 ever lol more like $225 monthly 12 months a year. I am planning on getting solar installed next year 20kw to offset everything used now plus 50% .
Should run a lot of fans.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I dont think my electric bill has been $85 ever lol more like $225 monthly 12 months a year. I am planning on getting solar installed next year 20kw to offset everything used now plus 50% .
Should run a lot of fans.

20kw? Yup, that'd sure take care of either one of mine that's for sure.

Have you got it all figured out and sourced yet? Sounds like a project.

Latest posts

Latest posts