What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this plant ready for harvest? (photos and info are presents)

Sasso

Hi everyone, first time I write here and third time I grow up cannabis outdoor.

I was asking myself if I did the right choice for when to start cutting off my royal cookies autmatic. The situation is this:

1) general info: outdoor, cloudy summer but direct sun all the day, 20 L pot, Biocanna plus soil and all 4 biocanna fertiliser following the high dosage suggested by biocanna, no flush. Water every time with fertilisers: everyday during flowering and 3 times a week during veg.

2) In the last 2 weeks, I keep a 25W led really close to the buds and leaves under the top in order to avoid yoellowing due to a period full of clouds and with not a lot of sunlight, but, as I only grow outdoor, I didn’t know that a 25W (really less) led could burn my plant. But it seems like that, it only caused a little of foxtails.

3) Also 2 weeks ago my plat looks to me ready, but she starts growing new buds from the matured ones. Now she finish the new grow but I do not know if this new grow is due to a light burn or is normal for this strain, also the little foxtails misleads me.

4) My plant now is green, with no yellow leaves (the low fan leaves are fallen weeks ago), there are a lot of matured flowers but also a lot of new ones that are finished swelling, but still with white pistils.

5) Under my scope trichomes looks 90% milky (against clear ones) and 5-30% amber (against milky ones)

My question: should I cut off now (because the new grow of flowers is caused by light stress and the plant is already mature) or should I wait another week or 2 (because it is normal that she puts out that new buds, and she is still green, so not fully matured).

I decided to wait another week and a half because 13 weeks (from seed to harvest in one week from now) are more than specified on royal queen seeds and she looks great, fat, sticky and smelly.
But I want to question here if my observation are right and my decision make sense to experts.

6) after 5 weeks of veg and 6.5 weeks of flowering I take the following photos:

Attachments

• image 16.jpg
    image 16.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image 15.jpg
    image 15.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image 13.jpg
    image 13.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image 12.jpg
    image 12.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image 10.jpg
    image 10.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image 9.jpg
    image 9.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image 7.jpg
    image 7.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image 3.jpg
    image 3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image 5.jpg
    image 5.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 15

Hashley

It still looks a little green but its close. As I get older I look less at the trichomes and more at the overall plant. I like to wait until all the fan leaves have yellowed and browned and/or fallen off. Ive never regretted waiting longer...and, as I am sure you know, the flowering times given in the breeders description is notoriously not long enough except in a few, rare cases.

Nice looking plant, btw. Good work

T

Teddybrae

It still looks a little green but its close. As I get older I look less at the trichomes and more at the overall plant. I like to wait until all the fan leaves have yellowed and browned and/or fallen off. Ive never regretted waiting longer...and, as I am sure you know, the flowering times given in the breeders description is notoriously not long enough except in a few, rare cases.

Nice looking plant, btw. Good work

Nice plant, yes. I look at the whole plant too. it is very close. I would take it now if I wanted to smoke soon ... otherwise I leave for another week.
Well done!

IMHO it isn't done. The pistils haven't browned or shriveled.

I agree with Tarzan. Keep flushing (or srart if you arent already. Give her a little longer and see what she does for you.

You could also progressively harvest the plant. Take some buds now and wait to take the rest. This way you can compare the effects.:greenstars::greenstars::clock watch: