What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ventilation for 4x4x7 tent

Pakman

Hi all, I'm moving house soon and will be setting up shortly afterwards so I want to have everything planned and ready to go.

The tent is a 4'x4'x7' and I'll be running a 600w hps with air cooled hood.

I'm thinking something like fan>>hood>>filter if that will work well? Anyways I'm just a bit uncertain about what sized fan I will need.

I'm currently looking at a Can Fan RK150S which is rated to 271cfm, with the tent being 113cf. On full speed, no filter, this fan will replace the air inside the tent more than twice a minute if I'm looking at it correctly?

So the question is, what's the best setup, and will this fan with carbon filter sufficiently exhaust the tent?

Thanks guys.

Pakman

Thanks Switcher, I'll give it a look shortly.

Also, while on the subject of ventilation, is there any need for an air cooled hood for a 600, and while writing that I also thought, is it compatible with a 1000 if I upgrade/change plans?

The reason I ask is because the hydro shop has two air cooled hoods(they also do cool tubes...), a standard for 180 and a slimline for 230.

They also have two 600w kits, one with a small reflector for 180, and one with a large reflector for 230. Do you see where I'm going with this ha ha?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You're welcome. According to my calculations you need a fan with a capacity of 336 cfm (a 350 or 400) should do the trick.

Latest posts

Latest posts