What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How far to harvest and what strain?..

Iblex

421.jpg

422.jpg

428.jpg

425.jpg
My question regarding the strain is due to the fact that i accidentally mixed Auto Big Bud and Auto Jock Horror, and i can not figure out witch one it is.
If there is any strain experts out there, any help would be much appreciated
:woohoo:

Then the question about harvest, the plant chould be 78 days +- 2-3 days (i think i mixed up the days):kos:
And i dont know if i am imagining things, but nothing happened the last week or so.
And the buds started to grow in hight instead of fattening up before it stopped off.(you can see on the first picture)
Am i just beeing paranoid that something is wrong with the plant or am i wating for some explosion in density before harvest? How far would you say it is to harvest time?

Thanks in advance!
Peace and Love to all!

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't harvest a plant if the majority of the pistils are still white.

It's better to wait another week vs harvesting too early. :)

I hope you also have been flushing the plant.

troutman

Seed Whore
Another thing, flowering time in seed bank listings are just guidelines and not hard rules to live by.

Sometime you have to give a plant another week or two to maximize your returns.

BTW: Once you get 50 posts you'll have the ability to send PM's, Chat, etc. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've been checking the amber percentage of trichomes for over 10 years now. Works really well.

Considering there are many things which can cause your pistils to turn dark earlier than the plant is ripe, pistil color should not be used to determine ripeness.

Check the photos of both strains, you should be able to guess.

therevverend

Veteran
Doesn't look like Big Bud to me. Crossing it to Ruderalis can do weird things but Big Bud is big fat Indica buds not thin running fox tails. Got to be Jock Horror.
I'd let it go at least another week (or two). Autos are weird sometimes different parts of the plant will finish at different times. You may end up harvesting some of the tops while leaving the lower stuff it's still throwing lots of white hairs. Fox tails make it tricky sometimes the base will look finished but the fox tail keeps growing and throwing new hairs.
I never trust flowering times listed by seed banks go by what you see. The bud may not look like it's getting bigger but the resin is ripening and it's probably getting denser.

Iblex

I forgot to tell that this is only my third time growing, so i am still gathering knowledge. :watchplant:
Another thing about the strain is that i have grown both of em before but none of them ever turned out to look like this.
Also turned out to be a tri leaf seedling :)
Should have done some LST but to late for that.

Anyway, i appreciate all the answers and yeah, i should probably give it a week or two more. Never seen this kind of growth of buds before, how the top of the buds all of a sudden sprout again after beeing quiet for awhile.

Much Love!