What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best oil for breast cancer

spannerheadz

HI there

My mum has just been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and needs a lumpectomy and radiotherapy.

I have been producing Rick Simpsons oil for a while now as a by product from growing commercial stains for general sale.

The oil I have tends to come from hybrids with a predominance of Sativa, or at least an equal balance, like Liberty Haze and Chronic.

So my question is does anyone know which oils are best for this problem? I have read a number of case studies where women just took whatever RSO they could find and it helped, but I have also read an article that said high THC can work with the oestrogen and make things worse.

I don't want to give me a high concentration RSO with high THC if what she actually needs is a MMJ high CBD strain with a 50-50 balance at around 5%.

Can anyone shed some light on this or point me to a good cannabis pharmacist in the US as I'm in the UK where we are still in the dark ages.

Dawgfunk

I’ve heard a high concentration of thc and myrcene is really good for cancer. My buddies are finding out the dogwalker og (chem91xalbert walker og) is super high in myrcene and tests at 27%thc so maybe look at some chems?? Cali connections, check them out. Or possibly archive, they’ve got some good genetics in their stable.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
"According to doctors and patients we have worked closely with, breast cancer tumors can be effectively treated with cannabis oil. However, they caution, the ratios of the tumor-busting cannabinoids THC and CBD must be matched to the classification of breast cancer—with certain kinds of breast cancer, namely those that are estrogen-positive, the tumor will actually grow if too much THC is used. "

https://www.uttbio.com/treating-bre...-the-treatment-must-match-the-classification/

SweetSue

Is your mum a cannabis user? It’s not a simple matter of just start her, and I’m sorry to hear she got hit with this diagnosis. Hearing them tell you that is a slap in the face and can set you back even further. How thankful you must be that you have the wherewithal to supply her with the medicine that’ll be most effective.

THC will induce apoptosis and CBD theoretically will work to halt the spread of tumor cells, so you’re looking for a regimen that will have at least a 1:1 ratio. If she were my mum I’d be building an oil that had a 4:1 THC:CBD for night meds, to limit the euphoric effects during the day.

Look for the terpene mix that has lots and lots of b-caryophyllene. It’ll work against inflammation in the same way CBD will, and it’s important enough for cancer treatment that it should be your most abundant terpene in the profile.

I’m active in the med threads at 420 Mag and one of my threads is my notes from various online classes I’ve taken on using cannabis as a healing modality. Recently I took one with Mara Gordon of Aunt Zelda’s on cannabis and cancer. This is a small part of those notes.

Terpene choices for cancer treatment

For someone with PTSD pinene and limonene will have a calming effect, whereas others will find them excitable and uplifting.

Mara's goals in establishing a regimen are to have the patient get relief with as enjoyable an experience as possible, titrating up to the optimal therapeutic dose.
- The only difference between a terpene and a cannabinoid in many cases is that you'll find terpenes in other plants.
- Myrcene increases the bioavailability as well as having other medicinal benefits.
- Linalool is soothing, use for late day meds
- Limonene is very uplifting for a daytime med.
- Borneol, found in cinnamon, is a blood thinner. Be alert if you're on blood thinners already.

Look for the purples
- more broad leaf
- tend to contain more Myrcene and linalool
- High levels of b-caryophyllene are a staple in their canna meds. Among its many benefits it activates the CB2 receptors. In many cases it's the top-listed terpene in Aunt Zelda's meds.

Granddaddy Purple comes to mind. It’s very highly sought after in California for cancer meds. ACDC or Harlequin will be more difficult for you to find across the pond. I don’t know what CBD strains you have available in the UK.

As far as administration, consider a multi-faceted approach: a topical to apply on the surface and to counter aches and pains, a tincture to add to tea, and oil in capsules or syringes to use as suppositories. In other words spread those birds among multiple baskets.

If you take the RSO and add liquid sunflower lecithin and olive oil to your oils you create a medicine that improves the bioavailability from around 35% to near 90%.

If you create two oils, one high in CBD and one high in THC you can schedule a regimen that more adequately allows your mum to function normally while her body heals.

I hit you with a lot, and for that I apologize. I don’t have all of my resources on this site so I can’t link you to some easy answers.

Incidentally, Dr. Christina Sanchez, one of the leaders in the study of breast cancer cell lines and cannabinoid research, suggests that the study that created the cautions about breast cancer and THC was flawed. THC and CBD kill cancer cells in their own ways and potentiate each other. We don’t have the human trials that’ll answer the questions yet.

Basic rule: If you’re using a ratio that isn’t working - if the cancer isn’t diminishing or is spreading - flip the ratio.

And good luck. I hope this was helpful. Start low and titrate slowly. It often takes far less than we anticipate. Most cancers are responding to less than 300 mg of cannabinoids a day, spread over 4-5 daily doses. At my home site we have a thread dedicated to cancer treatments. We’re all lab rats and thankfully this medicine won’t kill anyone.

SweetSue

With the conventional cancer treatments it’s critically important to take a cannabinoid dose 30 minutes before radiation or chemo. This will protect the healthy cells and greatly reduce any nasty side effects of the poisons they use. Fasting for a day in advance of the radiation and chemo will also further protect the healthy cells by pulling them back and exposing the tumor cells, making the conventional treatments more effective.

Gry

ttps://www.reddit.com/r/mycology/comments/4ixyo7/what_has_happened_since_paul_stamets_turkey_tail/

Latest posts

Latest posts