What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze C

bestothebest

Just a quick question, does anyone know if the HAZE C male has ever been released to the public? Or is shanti the only one that holds it? Would be nice to get my hands on it due to breeding potential.

Bob Green

I honestly don't think it is still alive in pure form.

There are original old school cuts of C5(NL5 x Haze C), A5 (NL5 x Haze A),HPH (Hashplant Haze C), AG13 (G13 x Haze A), and Nevil's Haze (A5 x Haze C) from the South Holland crew that have been preserved but I don't believe that the old Haze C male cut survived.

Shanti lost quite a few plants in the raid like his Widow male.

You are talking about a plant that was sprouted in the mid 80's. Also one of the most protected plants in modern cannabis breeding history. I know people that have all the cuts I mentioned above but I have never heard of a surviving cut of Haze C.

But for 100% certain the C male never leaked out to the public.

sour power

Got me some crosses of the c5 from Yosemite sam years ago.it seemed the c5 was dominate in the cross when i ran a couple of packs.if ur looking for haze c strictly.i would run multiple packs of one of these.nevs haze, doors,afghan haze.honestly u can almost run all of his haxes and find something.not sure how mns is today havent bought nothing from them over 5years but when i did every pack i grew there was always something that made me feel i didnt waste my time.2-4 packs of said strain will get rare pheno u wont part with.

aquavitae

your best bet might be to ask this in the mns forum, i doubt that youll get a clone by just asking though, especially HzC (if its still around)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
C5 Haze is alive but I don't think anyone ever received the HazeC male straight from Nevil.

Shanti has a great talent to make up stories and marketing on the other hand. I hear he's selling CBD+Tobacco cigs in Swizterland now, he's a business shark.

aquavitae

interesting Mustafunk. i always read and heard about shanti in very high regards, not so much about his former business associates though. how do you know hzC is alive?

sour power

Because haze c is in almost every haze hybrid at mns.i believe there are only 2 lines that dont carry haze c as far as the haze hybrids mns offers.could be wrong but doubt it.

Bob Green

Has anyone ever released a Elite male of any kind? Any proven old school breeder male ever?

Nevil himself said Haze C is dead.

As far as MNS lines containing the Haze C it comes through hybrids of A5 and C5. He calls his AC male a pure Haze too yet it is 25% Skunk and 25% NL5 only half Haze.

Last picture Shanti showed of the Haze C male was before his bust. Was it even his picture? I have only seen one photo of the Haze C male anywhere. Before his Rhino became a Sativa too. He later admitted to losing the original Widow male but lied and sold thousands of seeds to people claiming it is the original.

It's easier to fool a man than to convince a man he has been fooled.

:tiphat:

Bob Green

interesting Mustafunk. i always read and heard about shanti in very high regards, not so much about his former business associates though. how do you know hzC is alive?

Just to clarify a subtle point you missed.

Musta said that the female C5 (NL5/HazeC) was alive.

He didn't say anything about the pure HazeC male still being alive.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
how do you know hzC is alive?

Yep, I've said the C5 Haze clone, not HazeC male... ;)

HazeA male died in the 80s as well, Nevil confirmed that a few times, that's why only HazeC based hybrids were released.

I suppose Shanti or his seed producers selected most of his males from seeds he received from Nevil already... Once during a brief interview Nevil mentioned he never collaborated with Mr Nice, nor Greenhouse apart from providing genetics or seeds to them.

As far as I recall when him and Shanti were hanging together at Green House, Nevil offered him some clones, Shanti said his favourite was the NL#5/Haze #122 because it smelled like mangoes. This became the mother of Mango Haze.

A pioneer grower from Barcelona used to produce seeds for Mr Nice and maintain clones for Shanti. He later became the owner of BCN Seeds.

On the other hand, if you check Mr Nice's genetics, most are crosses of existing strains from The Seed Bank, so there aren't any reasons for them to ever possess any elite males from Nevil (ie. Haze C). Only Nevil throught The Seed Bank released original F1s as far as I know.

Cheers.

Jhonny

Haze A & C seem to considered as the best haze males ever.
But why?? What made them so special?

The short flowering times of their progeny? Their growth? Effects? Terpenes?

Bob Green

Haze A & C seem to considered as the best haze males ever.
But why?? What made them so special?

The short flowering times of their progeny? Their growth? Effects? Terpenes?

The A and C cuts where the only male plants that Nevel was able to germinate out of thousands of seeds he had aquired from Sam. Most Haze winners came from the Haze C plant. NL5/Haze, HPH, G13Haze, Nevils Haze, SSH, Mango Haze, Amnesia Haze, SLH. It was an impressive plant that proved itself and made a ton of champions.

As far as hype Nevil and Sam where competitive in different arenas. Sam went to the mega corporations and Nevil tried to take on the world all by himself.

Corsaire

Veteran
At the end of 2011 at MrNice Auctions, there was Haze AC pollen for sale, and also Afghan Haze pollen, but only for NL... I don't know who bought it and what he did with it, but I will have killed to have this pollen... :yummy:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I believe someone from the states got the AC pollen and it wasn’t viable..maybe too old or storage/shipping issues. Don’t remember the Afghan/Haze pollen.

I’ve grown some of his Afghan/Haze crosses and they were good. I believe the Afg/Hz dad he had/has is a good one. Every cross I grew had stand out plants and still have a couple in the stable. I've always thought it might interesting to get some Afg/Hz seed and search out males.

I also grew the Z8 which was a selection from the batch that Z6 and Z7 came from but was crossed to Afg/Hz instead of being selfed or crossed back to the Afg/Skunk. Shanti said he made the cross because the Afghan used in both mothers was the same (Afg/Skunk and Afg/Hz)

Corsaire

Veteran
Oh yeap you're right Bob, it was G13/Skunk pollen, not Afghan Haze, sry for the misunderstanding... ;)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
At the end of 2011 at MrNice Auctions, there was Haze AC pollen for sale, and also Afghan Haze pollen, but only for NL... I don't know who bought it and what he did with it, but I will have killed to have this pollen... :yummy:

G `day C

Jack Hairy got the G13 / Sk pollen .
Bob Dobilina got the Haze AC pollen . Some of the Haze AC pollen made its way to the continent and was mated to a Hash Plant haze cut .

Males from the HPHz x Hz AC were used in further matings with AG13 .>AG13 x HPHz / Hz AC .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts